Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #916
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,433
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Where do you get the logic that we won't have many picks left. We could get him only losing a 2nd rounder this year.
Please expalin, I know the fact that they have the rookie salary cap/scale that has to be counted when trading for Bradford based on his remaining contract.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #917
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 731
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Sam Bradford has great stuff, I'd take him over RG3.
Evilgrin is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #918
Special Teams
 
BuckSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastern Ohio
Age: 45
Posts: 232
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
Sam Bradford has great stuff, I'd take him over RG3.
I don't always refer to stats, but in this case I feel it's warranted. Of 34 QB's ranked for the 2011 season Grossman was ranked 29th with a QB rating of 72.4 and 57.9 completion percentage. Bradford was ranked 30th, 70.5 QB rating and a 53.5 completion percentage.
__________________
"Any Nation willing to give up a little freedom, to gain a little security, will deserve neither, and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
BuckSkin is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #919
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Some places report that this is what it will take to get RG3 by trading up with the Rams,

WHAT WOULD IT COST: 2012 First Round Pick (No. 6 overall, 1600 points), 2012 Second Round Pick (No. 39 overall, 510 points), a 2012 Fourth Round Pick (No. 102 overall, 92 points), and a 2013 Second Round Pick (450 points, give or take).

*Ive seen sites that report this as the price, but Ive also seen one that replaces the second rounder this year with the skins 3rd rounder this year, and adds in Fred Davis.

Last edited by Mechanix544; 02-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #920
Special Teams
 
Terpfan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cumberland, Md
Posts: 242
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckSkin View Post
I don't always refer to stats, but in this case I feel it's warranted. Of 34 QB's ranked for the 2011 season Grossman was ranked 29th with a QB rating of 72.4 and 57.9 completion percentage. Bradford was ranked 30th, 70.5 QB rating and a 53.5 completion percentage.


Keep in mind just how bad the talent is on the Rams offense. They have worse receivers than we do in my opinion. Basically they have Stephen Jackson and Brandon Lloyd.
Terpfan76 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #921
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Some places report that this is what it will take to get RG3 by trading up with the Rams,

WHAT WOULD IT COST: 2012 First Round Pick (No. 6 overall, 1600 points), 2012 Second Round Pick (No. 39 overall, 510 points), a 2012 Fourth Round Pick (No. 102 overall, 92 points), and a 2013 Second Round Pick (450 points, give or take).

*Ive seen sites that report this as the price, but Ive also seen one that replaces the second rounder this year with the skins 3rd rounder this year, and adds in Fred Davis.
And I would do that trade in a second.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #922
Special Teams
 
Terpfan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cumberland, Md
Posts: 242
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
We already have a drafted LT. Trent Williams.

I kinda wonder if Trent wouldn't be a better fit at RT. Khalil at LT and Williams at RT? Or Riley Reiff? Either way, even if stand pat at #6, we should end up with an instant impact player.
Terpfan76 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #923
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckSkin View Post
I don't always refer to stats, but in this case I feel it's warranted. Of 34 QB's ranked for the 2011 season Grossman was ranked 29th with a QB rating of 72.4 and 57.9 completion percentage. Bradford was ranked 30th, 70.5 QB rating and a 53.5 completion percentage.
Did you by any chance see his receivers last year? I'm sorry, but if any very young quarterback gets a mulligan due to piss poor coaching and maybe the worst receiving corps in the history of the league, its Sam Bradford this past season.

He is a top ten quarterback in the league, no doubt in my mind. Gotta keep him upright and give him people that dont drop EVERY damn ball thrown to them.

Last edited by Mechanix544; 02-04-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #924
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Did you by any chance see his receivers last year? I'm sorry, but if any very young quarterback gets a mulligan due to piss poor coaching and maybe the worst receiving corps in the history of the league, its Sam Bradford this past season.

He is a top ten quarterback in the league, no doubt in my mind. Gotta keep him upright and give him people that dont drop EVERY damn ball thrown to them.
Top 10? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #925
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Give him time to fling the ball, and even OUR receivers. He would succeed, trust me. Last season didn't really count in my eyes. The rams were an absolute complete mess. He is still just in his third year. He'll get there.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #926
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Give him time to fling the ball, and even OUR receivers. He would succeed, trust me. Last season didn't really count in my eyes. The rams were an absolute complete mess. He is still just in his third year. He'll get there.
He'll get there and top 10 are two different things.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #927
Special Teams
 
BuckSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastern Ohio
Age: 45
Posts: 232
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

If Bradford was an UFA, yeah go get him. I just don't feel he's worth a 1st round draft pick or a player drafted in the first round.
__________________
"Any Nation willing to give up a little freedom, to gain a little security, will deserve neither, and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
BuckSkin is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #928
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
He'll get there and top 10 are two different things.
semantics. I guess I should have said top 10 "talent".
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #929
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Jeff George and Ryan Leaf were top 10 talents too.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #930
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

If the Rams draft RGIII they are essentially 'giving up' on Bradford.
There is no way the asking price for a passed over QB is gonna be anywhere near 2 first round picks.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46634 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25