Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #151
Special Teams
 
Shadowbyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 396
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I hate the 49ers and now have to hear all their fans shit. I'm pissed the Redskins hired Shanahan instead of Harbaugh who I wanted and many said: "he's just a college coach".
Redskin fans (me included in some cases) are horrible prognosticators. Almost the entire board said that Cam would be a bust, that Matt Leinert will have a better NFL career than Vince Young, that Michael Vick would never return to form, predicted that Rex Grossman would be a better QB than McNabb, predicteed that Shannahan would be better than Zorn, predicted that Josh Freeman would be a bust (terrible year this year but he's proven he can win and play at a high level, and come through in the clutch). Most were against aquiring Marshawn Lynch because he was washed up. We also predicted that Tim Tebow would be a bust. You see where I'm going here?
Shadowbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #152
Special Teams
 
Shadowbyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 396
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

One thing is for sure regardless of what happens in the NFC championship. Alex Smith will be one of the highest paid players in the NFL next year. Who would of thought? They might even have to franchise him in order to keep him now he's become a hot commodity.
Shadowbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #153
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,302
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbyte View Post
Redskin fans (me included in some cases) are horrible prognosticators. Almost the entire board said that Cam would be a bust, that Matt Leinert will have a better NFL career than Vince Young, that Michael Vick would never return to form, predicted that Rex Grossman would be a better QB than McNabb, predicteed that Shannahan would be better than Zorn, predicted that Josh Freeman would be a bust (terrible year this year but he's proven he can win and play at a high level, and come through in the clutch). Most were against aquiring Marshawn Lynch because he was washed up. We also predicted that Tim Tebow would be a bust. You see where I'm going here?
You live in the SF Bay area and understand about putting up hearing shit talk from 49er and Raider fans ( I don't mind the Raiders). That's what pisses me off, we could have had a great young coach. I despise 49er fans even thought many are friends.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 01-14-2012 at 09:36 PM.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #154
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,129
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
That's what pisses me off, we could have had a great young coach.
Let me know when he wins a super bowl. He wouldn't have done diddly shit here with this mess of a team that Shanny inherited.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #155
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,302
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Let me know when he wins a super bowl. He wouldn't have done diddly shit here with this mess of a team that Shanny inherited.
Excuse me, but wasn't the same said about SF? They'll be last in their division, good luck coming off a strike off season, blah, blah, blah. Harbaugh is good coach and motivator, he sure proved how to do it. Wasn't Alex Smith consider worse than Grossman?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #156
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,129
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Excuse me, but wasn't the same said about SF? They'll be last in their division, good luck coming off a strike off season, blah, blah, blah. Harbaugh is good coach and motivator, he sure proved how to do it. Wasn't Alex Smith consider worse than Grossman?
That team he inherited underperformed under Singletary which is exactly why he got fired. They had a beast defense (which got better in the off-season) and they had key pieces on the offense and addressed more this past off-season and draft.


Our team was a horrible mess on both the starting and depth positions.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #157
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,460
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Brady is on fire.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #158
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,827
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

What a beating. The Broncos would need a 49ers type come back. Tebow better be Tebowing his brains out during the half.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #159
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,129
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Guess god isn't answering his phone calls from Tebow today.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #160
Special Teams
 
Shadowbyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 396
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You live in the SF Bay area and understand about putting up hearing shit talk from 49er and Raider fans ( I don't mind the Raiders). That's what pisses me off, we could have had a great young coach. I despise 49er fans even thought many are friends.
Here's the funny thing though. The 49ers have been an after thought in the Bay Area for the last 10 years. Hell, not even KNBR would talk about them, they'd still cover and pontificate about the Giants months after their season has ended smack dab in the middle of the NFL season. You use to see 49er jerseys everywhere, until most of those fair weather fans jumped ship to the Raiders once they became the hot team, now you hardly see any 49er jerseys. But after this weekend, it's going to be the 1980's all over again. Fair weather fans will tuck away their Raider Jerseys and put on their 49er jerseys. I have no escape becase my fiance is a die-hard 49er fan, so I've softened on them a bit.
Shadowbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #161
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,019
I've said it before and I'll say it again Tom Brady is the greatest qb in NFL history

#Hail to the Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #162
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,129
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again Tom Brady is the greatest qb in NFL history

#Hail to the Redskins
Still belongs to Peyton Manning.


Colts without Manning end up with the #1 pick.


Patriots without Brady still ended up 11-5.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #163
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,302
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That team he inherited underperformed under Singletary which is exactly why he got fired. They had a beast defense (which got better in the off-season) and they had key pieces on the offense and addressed more this past off-season and draft.


Our team was a horrible mess on both the starting and depth positions.
You know what? The same can be said about the Redskins and you can laugh all you want. The key additions to be the 49ers of next year are a QB, CB, G and fill the other position with depth. QB play and OL injuries in the early to mid season killed the Redskins, inconsistent CB and S play (due to injuries and lack of experience). The Redskins found OL depth in the 2nd half of the season and I'm looking forwards to next season. If the Redskins can't get Luck or RGIII they should draft David DeCastro, he is the key to the offense. You trade down draft him and a QB in the late 1st early 2nd (depending on the trade). DeCastro would improve our running game and open the passing game, just look at the 49ers OL.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #164
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Still belongs to Peyton Manning.


Colts without Manning end up with the #1 pick.


Patriots without Brady still ended up 11-5.
Different teams pats were loaded that year colts are not

#Hail to the Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #165
Special Teams
 
Shadowbyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 396
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Still belongs to Peyton Manning.


Colts without Manning end up with the #1 pick.


Patriots without Brady still ended up 11-5.
As much as It pains me to say it neither of them are better than Montana. Joe would of had 6 superbowls if it weren't for Jim Burt(the hit that finished him in SF) and Roger Craig(fumbling the ball when they're running out the clock to go to their 3rd straight superbowl). Manning and Brady are better pure passers, but no one played better in the big games than # 16. If there was 2 minute left on the clock, and I could pick any QB, I'd pick Montana. I've seen both Brady and Peyton completely fold and throw INT's in critical playoff moments. Joe has never done anything remotely close.

Last edited by Shadowbyte; 01-14-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Shadowbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32043 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25