Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #196
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,418
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Your crazy man Brady has never had the talent PM has had at WR and when EJ was his rb not even close.. tom had moss for a couple years that's it. Look at his wr corp and rbs over his 3 that's right 3 super bowl titles

#Hail to the Redskins
Actually on the contrary. All of this time Brady might have had more talent then Peyton. I mean look at what happened to the Colts with Manning out and compare that to how the Patriots did without Brady. Colts ended up with the number 1 pick while the Patriots went 11-5.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #197
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,617
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Which is why New England traded a 2nd round pick for him.
Compare the stats. New England probably had 3 second round picks that year. 687 yards in Miami and nearly 1200 a year later.

687 yards is JACK SHIT regardless of what New England gave up for him.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #198
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,898
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Yeah, but they went 18-1 the year before with Brady, and he set the single season record for TDs with 50 (breaking Manning's record). If it weren't for mind boggling drops by Brady's receivers, Manning wouldn't even have a ring. He put his team ahead with 2 minutes to go against the Giants in the Super Bowl, and it took one of the biggest circus plays of all time for the Giants to win that game. Brady is clutch while Manning spends 30 seconds each play trying to figure out how he's going to outsmart the Defense, which in the playoffs, has backfired for him. One of his teammates who was not an idiot Kicker even said so.

Brady = Montana
Manning = Marino
Didn't Brady have Moss for those 50 TDs where Moss caught 23 of them? Both are great but I gotta put Manning ahead by a smige.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #199
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,401
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Boy, right as I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Tebow being better than I think he is and the fact that he's one of the true role models in the NFL, he goes out and lays this egg. Think Elway is regretting his decision to name Tebow his starting qb next season?
Nah, he wasn't going to beat NE by himself. I say keep building around him. The fact that Denver got as far as they did shouldn't be overlooked.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #200
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,617
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Didn't Brady have Moss for those 50 TDs where Moss caught 23 of them? Both are great but I gotta put Manning ahead by a smige.
Fair enough, but 36 TDs and only 4TDs without Moss.

Plus, Moss must have not been that good because New England only gave up a 4th round pick to get him.

If Welker is all world because he warranted a 2nd round pick than Moss must not be all that because they only traded a 4th to get him.

Just assuming you're consistent with your logic
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #201
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Nc I understand the defense but we are taking qb play here and Tom is as clutch as there's every been, I never said he didn't have a good team I said he didn't have the offensive help pm had and that's just the truth

#Hail to the Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #202
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,378
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Yeah, but they went 18-1 the year before with Brady, and he set the single season record for TDs with 50 (breaking Manning's record). If it weren't for mind boggling drops by Brady's receivers, Manning wouldn't even have a ring. He put his team ahead with 2 minutes to go against the Giants in the Super Bowl, and it took one of the biggest circus plays of all time for the Giants to win that game. Brady is clutch while Manning spends 30 seconds each play trying to figure out how he's going to outsmart the Defense, which in the playoffs, has backfired for him. One of his teammates who was not an idiot Kicker even said so.
You do realize the year that Manning broke the TD record they actually pulled him in games. They weren't trying to get the record unlike Belicheck and Brady who stayed into the 4th quarter up by 30 and still throwing bombs. Our game in New England should prove my point.

That's the only way he breaks Manning's record, and the most important game of the season and where were those TDs and offense? Nowhere to be found. Choked. The great Tom Brady choked.


Tell me who this player that called out Peyton is. Backfired? Have you seen the numbers that Peyton has accumulated? Looks like it backfired.

Some of you Brady nut huggers are incredible. You refuse to acknowledge that Tom was (still is) on a better team, yet claim that Manning had all the talent even though it's shown that same talent did nothing before or after him. DERP.

I'm done with this.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #203
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Actually on the contrary. All of this time Brady might have had more talent then Peyton. I mean look at what happened to the Colts with Manning out and compare that to how the Patriots did without Brady. Colts ended up with the number 1 pick while the Patriots went 11-5.
Again that pats team was loaded and I admitted that but overall pm has had more talent on offense than Tom has or had anyway

#Hail to the Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #204
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,378
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nc I understand the defense but we are taking qb play here and Tom is as clutch as there's every been, I never said he didn't have a good team I said he didn't have the offensive help pm had and that's just the truth

#Hail to the Redskins

How many playoff games has Tom drove in the last few minutes to win the game with a TD? I mean a TD, not a FG via Vinateri.


Didn't have the offensive help even though I showed you that same "help" did NOTHING without him. Still no answer to that.

/facepalm



Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Again that pats team was loaded and I admitted that but overall pm has had more talent on offense than Tom has or had anyway

#Hail to the Redskins
You claim the team was loaded, yet say Peyton had ALL the talent. You know how retarded that sounds?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-14-2012 at 11:49 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #205
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
How many playoff games has Tom drove in the last few minutes to win the game with a TD? I mean a TD, not a FG via Vinateri.


Didn't have the offensive help even though I showed you that same "help" did NOTHING without him. Still no answer to that.

/facepalm
Lmao are we taking about tds or wins?? What's more important here man? Btw what's the head to head record of the two?

#Hail to the Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #206
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,656
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

I agree Matty nice season for the Broncos. Those guys started out something like 1-4 or 1-5 put in Tebow, then win the AFC West and make it to the second round of the playoffs? Man that would be a fun time for a Bronco fan. You gotta still give the guy props. They need some more pieces and getting Tebow a full off season of work should help if they feel he is the future. Which with his knack for winning I think Denver would be fools not to give Tim the chance to play a full year.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #207
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,707
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Absolutely no way. Again, let's look at the defenses. Having a top 5 defense compared to having a bottom 5 defense. It's not even REMOTELY in the same ball park.

Again. The cold hard facts that the Patriots go 11-5 WITHOUT Brady solidifies my argument and pretty much makes yours invalid. The fact the Colts go from a 10-6 playoff team to the #1 draft pick in the NFL also backs up that case.


Hey guys, I guess Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better QBs than Dan Marino!!! That's pretty much the type of argument you are using.
Actually going back to the Patriots first SB under Brady in 2001 here's how the teams actually compare defense wise:
Patriots: 24th*, 23rd, 7th*, 9th*, 26th, 4th*, 6th, 10th, 11th, 25th, & 31st
Colts: 29th, 8th, 11th, 29th, 11th, 21st*, 3rd, 11th, 18th, 20th, & 25th

As you can see the only time in the last 11 years the Patriots were an actual top 5 defense like u keep harping on, was when they lost to the Giants in SB XLII.

Just the fact you're trying to compare, even if only sarcasticly, what Brady has done to the likes of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson is a joke and IMO invalidates any argument you could even begin to piece together haha. Those 2 won rings 100% because of their defenses in the years the Bucs and Ravens won and sometimes in spite of their play(Bucs #1 def vs 24th off & Ravens #2 def vs 16th off) Whereas the 3 Superbowl championships of the Patriots just don't happen without Brady at the helm as 2 of them required him to lead them on game winning drives.

Also what happened with that 11-5 Patriots team when Brady went down? Oh that's right they didn't even make the playoffs...
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #208
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Nah, he wasn't going to beat NE by himself. I say keep building around him. The fact that Denver got as far as they did shouldn't be overlooked.
I'm starting to warm to the idea that he might, key word *might* have a bright future in the NFL. Obviously he's got room to progress, and more weapons will help too, but if he doesn't take the next step it won't happen. He's gonna have to put in a lot of work in the offseason to be better.

Side note: LOL at McNabb on NFLN. What, nobody wants him anymore? . He's the perfect analyst to figure out why Tebow went 9 for 26.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #209
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,378
Re: Around The NFL - Divisional Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Nah, he wasn't going to beat NE by himself. I say keep building around him. The fact that Denver got as far as they did shouldn't be overlooked.

I dunno Matty, I think their offense is struggling due to the limitations of Tebow. I think they've had to tailor their offense around his skill set which is why you see them running the option. It's like the Miami Dolphins running the wildcat formation. Sure it worked for a New York minute, then it all caught up to them the following year.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #210
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Actually going back to the Patriots first SB under Brady in 2001 here's how the teams actually compare defense wise:
Patriots: 24th*, 23rd, 7th*, 9th*, 26th, 4th*, 6th, 10th, 11th, 25th, & 31st
Colts: 29th, 8th, 11th, 29th, 11th, 21st*, 3rd, 11th, 18th, 20th, & 25th

As you can see the only time in the last 11 years the Patriots were an actual top 5 defense like u keep harping on, was when they lost to the Giants in SB XLII.

Just the fact you're trying to compare, even if only sarcasticly, what Brady has done to the likes of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson is a joke and IMO invalidates any argument you could even begin to piece together haha. Those 2 won rings 100% because of their defenses in the years the Bucs and Ravens won and sometimes in spite of their play(Bucs #1 def vs 24th off & Ravens #2 def vs 16th off) Whereas the 3 Superbowl championships of the Patriots just don't happen without Brady at the helm as 2 of them required him to lead them on game winning drives.

Also what happened with that 11-5 Patriots team when Brady went down? Oh that's right they didn't even make the playoffs...
Thank you!!

#Hail to the Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32168 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25