Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,916
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Two words. Due ... process...
I was thinking Justice.....System

but yours works too. I bet had ST's murderer murdered some Animals in cold blood, he would already be in jail...


I'm sorry for the above rant but it sickens me to see this stuff. People taking so dang long to go to trial when it is obvious they are guilty.

I hope he gets the death penalty. ST was a great player and he was a young guy with a young family, it all got taken away too fast.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I wonder if they will press for the death penalty?
At the moment, the DA is pressing for a conviction...

Juries are unpredictable but here is a judicial certainty:

If this guy on trial is found not guilty, he will not get the death penalty.

First things first...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #18
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
4 years = due process?
Michael Jackson died June 25th, 2009 and his negligent doctor has been tried, convicted and sentenced.
Yes that is due process.

It is not as if these folks have never been in a court room before this. There have been premilinary proceedings and a judge has overseen all of them and led to this court date. What has happened from the time of apprehension and indictment until today is what is known in the US as "due process".

It is rarely swift and not always efficient, but the entire concept of US jurisprudence with regard to criminal matters is built on due process.

As of this moment, this defendant is INNOCENT in this matter. The upcoming trial may change that status, but until that trial happens the young man is innocent.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,001
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Yes that is due process.

It is not as if these folks have never been in a court room before this. There have been premilinary proceedings and a judge has overseen all of them and led to this court date. What has happened from the time of apprehension and indictment until today is what is known in the US as "due process".

It is rarely swift and not always efficient, but the entire concept of US jurisprudence with regard to criminal matters is built on due process.

As of this moment, this defendant is INNOCENT in this matter. The upcoming trial may change that status, but until that trial happens the young man is innocent.
But due process requires the notion of a "fair and speedy trial." How is this "speedy"?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
But due process requires the notion of a "fair and speedy trial." How is this "speedy"?
The defendant here was indicted "speedily" and since then he and his representatives have been in front of the court with pleadings for things like access to proseuction evidence (discovery) and the like. That means the legal process has been done at a sufficient pace to match the concept of a "speedy trial".

That would likely not be the case if the defendant had been arrested 4 years ago and put in a dungeon somewhere and on April 16 2012 he would see the light of day and the inside of a court room for the first time.

The other adjective you used was "fair". The defendant has to have a fair trial too and probably a "fair" trial is a tad more important than a "speedy" trial.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,001
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
The defendant here was indicted "speedily" and since then he and his representatives have been in front of the court with pleadings for things like access to proseuction evidence (discovery) and the like. That means the legal process has been done at a sufficient pace to match the concept of a "speedy trial".

That would likely not be the case if the defendant had been arrested 4 years ago and put in a dungeon somewhere and on April 16 2012 he would see the light of day and the inside of a court room for the first time.

The other adjective you used was "fair". The defendant has to have a fair trial too and probably a "fair" trial is a tad more important than a "speedy" trial.
I totally agree on the part about fairness. If time is needed to ensure fairness, that time should be taken.

But, still, the speedy indictment which you mention is not the same as a speedy trial. My understanding is that there have been big gaps of time over the last 4 years when investigation, discovery, etc., were not being actively pursued. Dead time works against the notion of speed.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.

Last edited by Lotus; 01-22-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

This article was posted few days ago, thought some of you guys would want to see this. I love how he played.

A Rare Sean Taylor High School Football Highlights Video Emerges - Hogs Haven
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
How is that it takes 4 years to take these animals to court? What is wrong with the state of Florida?
We've got to convict all those pot-smokers first. The murderers and rapists will just have to wait.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
We've got to convict all those pot-smokers first. The murderers and rapists will just have to wait.
Got to keep our priorities in order:

Get Martha Stewart
Stop the weed smoking so we can get them hooked on prescriptions

Worry about a little girl losing her father (because he was generous to a family member at a birthday party and allowe guests) some other time.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
4 years = due process?
Michael Jackson died June 25th, 2009 and his negligent doctor has been tried, convicted and sentenced.
Public outcry and high-profile pushed that case's timeline.

Wonder...if it were Brady instead of ST, would the case have already been tried and convicted? (not wishing anything on Tommy Terrific...at all).
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
redskin29633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 152
Angry Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
How is that it takes 4 years to take these animals to court? What is wrong with the state of Florida?
Two more words, BIG Backlog!
redskin29633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
The Starter
 
diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norfolk, Va (OV)
Posts: 1,566
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

What are their twitter accounts?
__________________
'Any NFL team will win with RG3. Imagine how exciting it will be watching him do it.'
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #28
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Trial of accused Sean Taylor slayer postponed indefinitely - The Insider - The Washington Post

What the hell?! The trial is postponed, once again. For sixth time... It must be difficult for Sean's family.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #29
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,103
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

This is bs. Those losers need to just quit f'n around and get it over with.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,674
Re: First trial in Sean Taylor killing to begin April 16

Yep, if that would have happened over here in TX, they would have that mess wrapped up, three doing life and one in the ground. And that still not good enough for what they deserve. imo
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30530 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25