Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Will Be Our Next Starting QB
Bradford 13 8.72%
Cousins 2 1.34%
Flynn 6 4.03%
Foles 5 3.36%
Griffin 49 32.89%
Hoyer 3 2.01%
Luck 15 10.07%
Manning 17 11.41%
McCoy 1 0.67%
Orton 2 1.34%
Osweiler 1 0.67%
Sanchez 1 0.67%
Tannehill 15 10.07%
Weeden 8 5.37%
Other (tell us who) 11 7.38%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #106
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,192
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, remember Gonzalez, Wayne, Garcon, Saturday, and Diem are all free agents and other than Gonzalez all are rumored to be gone

I know RW is 33 years old, but he could be crucial to helping out the development of Luck. They probably need to resign Garcon. Let Saturday walk (or retire) and pick up his replacement in off-season or draft if possible. Not sure why they would let all their WRs go, and why keep the one WR(gonzalez) that's injured all the time? Makes little to no sense.


I could see the Colts auctioning off Luck if they somehow feel that RGIII is just as good of a selection in addition to the extra picks. That said, it would have to be a situation where they could pick up RGIII in the trade back or if they pick RGIII and the Rams could auction the Luck pick off.

I'm not sure the logic behind not drafting the best QB prospect since John Elway when QB is a major need for your team. Sure you can say extra 1st round picks, but none of those picks mean squat if you don't have the number one position covered. The problem for the Colts is that they won't know about Peyton's health until long after the draft. They have to go into this draft assuming that Peyton isn't going to be healthy and they have to start over. There is no guarantee they'll be in this situation ever again so it's better to take advantage of your "luck" (pun intended) while you have it.

If Irsay doesn't select Luck with the #1 pick, he better be prepared to get ran out of town.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #107
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,192
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
It wasn't just the QB that caused that team to go 2-14. Orlovsky doesn't tackle, rush the passer, block, run the football, etc. They have significant issues...issues that Manning largely covered up by allowing them to play with a lead and out scheming defenses at the line of scrimmage.

I've said over and over again the reason why Manning didn't win as many Super Bowls as Tom is because of the defense. Offense can carry you in the regular season, but your defense better be good (or at least playing good) come playoff time. Those Patriots defense during the super bowls were stingy when it came to giving up points.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #108
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I know RW is 33 years old, but he could be crucial to helping out the development of Luck. They probably need to resign Garcon. Let Saturday walk (or retire) and pick up his replacement in off-season or draft if possible. Not sure why they would let all their WRs go, and why keep the one WR(gonzalez) that's injured all the time? Makes little to no sense.


I could see the Colts auctioning off Luck if they somehow feel that RGIII is just as good of a selection in addition to the extra picks. That said, it would have to be a situation where they could pick up RGIII in the trade back or if they pick RGIII and the Rams could auction the Luck pick off.

I'm not sure the logic behind not drafting the best QB prospect since John Elway when QB is a major need for your team. Sure you can say extra 1st round picks, but none of those picks mean squat if you don't have the number one position covered. The problem for the Colts is that they won't know about Peyton's health until long after the draft. They have to go into this draft assuming that Peyton isn't going to be healthy and they have to start over. There is no guarantee they'll be in this situation ever again so it's better to take advantage of your "luck" (pun intended) while you have it.

If Irsay doesn't select Luck with the #1 pick, he better be prepared to get ran out of town.
Well Saturday and Keim are likely to retire. Wayne wants another ring, and that may not happen in Indy. And Indy is going to have outbid us (among a couple of other teams) for Garcon
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #109
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,192
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
And Indy is going to have outbid us (among a couple of other teams) for Garcon

The one thing about Garcon that bothers me is his drops. Man he's a drive killer sometimes. I could definitely see that with Reggie Wayne, and I don't blame him. I would probably want to go elsewhere (49ers/Ravens/Patriots) to pick up another ring. Makes sense.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #110
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
The one thing about Garcon that bothers me is his drops. Man he's a drive killer sometimes. I could definitely see that with Reggie Wayne, and I don't blame him. I would probably want to go elsewhere (49ers/Ravens/Patriots) to pick up another ring. Makes sense.
Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens with the WRs in FA. I mean you've got a few good ones available: D Jax, V Jax, Bowe, Colston. The Jaguars are apparently going to go hard into FA with a focus on WR. Rumor is they plan on getting 2 WRs. They're going to "offer whatever amount of money it takes this offseason"

I expect us to get one or two WRs as well (depending on whether we let Santana walk), and maybe what I've been talking about for I think two years now will actually happen...or I'll feel like a royal assclown
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #111
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens with the WRs in FA. I mean you've got a few good ones available: D Jax, V Jax, Bowe, Colston. The Jaguars are apparently going to go hard into FA with a focus on WR. Rumor is they plan on getting 2 WRs. They're going to "offer whatever amount of money it takes this offseason"

I expect us to get one or two WRs as well (depending on whether we let Santana walk), and maybe what I've been talking about for I think two years now will actually happen...or I'll feel like a royal assclown
What's that...Vincent Jackson?
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #112
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Were the Giants stupid for what they gave up for Eli?
Yes.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #113
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Yes.
You would still say that if the Giants win the Super Bowl and Eli gets his second ring?
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #114
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
What's that...Vincent Jackson?
Not who I was talking about. Read the rest of my post. You'll get it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #115
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
You would still say that if the Giants win the Super Bowl and Eli gets his second ring?
What would that change? We're grading a trade that happened eight years ago.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #116
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not who I was talking about. Read the rest of my post. You'll get it
Sorry...a bit slow. Got it now.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #117
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Don't mean to throw a mini tantrum, but I'm getting sick of the people that keep snapping at those that mention us getting Luck. Okay, WE F'ING GET IT, we are probably not getting Luck, now quit your b*tching and let us go on with our fantasy talk. Last time I check, a lot of the things we "predict" are going to happen, do not happen. So get over it and let us continue fantasize about having a beast of a QB.

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #118
Special Teams
 
redskin29633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 152
Cool Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
What's that...Vincent Jackson?
There has been a lot of chatter about Colston in New Orleans. I think the Redskins want big play capability and big yardage more than they want a guy who catches a lot of balls. I will be somewhat surprised if we don't make a big play for Colston.
redskin29633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #119
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not who I was talking about. Read the rest of my post. You'll get it
Eddie Royal
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #120
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Predict Who Will Be The Next Redskins QB (Not Necessarily the QB You Want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin29633 View Post
There has been a lot of chatter about Colston in New Orleans. I think the Redskins want big play capability and big yardage more than they want a guy who catches a lot of balls. I will be somewhat surprised if we don't make a big play for Colston.
From what people are saying, if he doesn't re-sign with NO then the Jaguars will go all in for him.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31662 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25