Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2012 Free Agency Wish List

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #196
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,817
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Wow, Ronde Barber? Really smh.

Actually if Raheem has a say in bringing some Tampa guys in I hope its Corey Lynch, been a fan of his since App State dude was the definition of 'ball hawk'.
Oh, and QB Josh Johnson.
I REALLY don't want ANY of Tampa's players. They flat out quit on their coach. I mean we're talking not even being competitive. I'm sure the Ronde thing is just a rumor. I highly doubt he's coming here.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #197
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,817
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higskin View Post
I can't wait for Manning to retire or be released and pick a team. That'll either settle our QB situation or refocus it off him.

Trent Dilfer: Peyton Manning to Redskins ‘very realistic’ - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

Trent Dilfer: Peyton Manning to Redskins ‘very realistic’
By Dan Steinberg

Another day of questions about Peyton Manning’s future, another day of pretty vague references to Washington that are good enough for a blog post.

This is all from ESPN’s Mike and Mike and Mike and Mike.

Adam Schefter: “I think all the teams that we’ve talked about before, I expect that they‘ll all be in on Peyton Manning. You think Miami, you think Washington, you think Arizona.”

Mark Schlereth: “You and I both have history with Mike Shanahan. Washington would be a place where that might be a fit.”

Trent Dilfer: “You know, I’ve been listening to [Schlereth] talk about the Washington fit. I do think that’s very realistic. The only one that holds me up there is Shanahan’s always been a guy that wants a mobile quarterback. But Mike’s also good enough to know how to adapt to a guy like Peyton Manning, and Peyton’s mobile enough within that tight space, you can still change the launch point with him. That one makes a lot of sense.”
It's obvious that we're going to be interested if he's released.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #198
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,560
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

If he's cleared medically, a lot of teams are going to be interested. Still a big if.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #199
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

I think the Jets and Cardinals are the favorites to land him. I've heard that Mike Shanahan doesn't like the idea, but I suspect we'll bring him in for a visit if he's available. Can't hurt
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #200
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,609
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
So, what do you do if The Shanahans have decided that THE QB for the team is someone they will take in the draft at the end of April?
Have the plan in place to get the person and make the appropraite FA choices. No excuses this time and no absurd decisions to go with a Rex, Becks type QB.

If the Shannys dont have a plan or dont execute it properly this offseason at the QB position that leads to another 10 loss season...i fully support cleaning house after next season.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #201
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,232
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #202
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,817
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think the Jets and Cardinals are the favorites to land him. I've heard that Mike Shanahan doesn't like the idea, but I suspect we'll bring him in for a visit if he's available. Can't hurt
Well we know Shanahan doesn't like to tell the truth. Plus we have an older coach and an impatient owner who will spend the money. I just don't see Arizona wanting to pay the money and NY doesn't have the cap room. But I hope you're right.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #203
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Have the plan in place to get the person and make the appropraite FA choices. No excuses this time and no absurd decisions to go with a Rex, Becks type QB.

If the Shannys dont have a plan or dont execute it properly this offseason at the QB position that leads to another 10 loss season...i fully support cleaning house after next season.
Are you even willing to endure other few years of rebuilding? Because I am not willing to do that. If Shanny does not have "appropriate" plan for the QB position for the off season, I am certain he at least will have plans to build a better support cast team to make it easier for a QB to jump in next off season. In other words, adding more depth in every position.

Some of you guys (I'm not pointing to you, Chico, in particular - just saying in general) never cease to amaze me. Some of you guys are always so ready to call for Shanny's head, right when we have absolutely NO idea what Shanny's plans are. And yet you all were mostly the guys who complained about how Redskins FO don't have continuity in the franchise.

Last edited by GridIron26; 02-02-2012 at 01:51 PM.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #204
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,474
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Are you even willing to endure other few years of rebuilding? Because I am not willing to do that. If Shanny does not have "appropriate" plan for the QB position for the off season, I am certain he at least will have plans to build a better support cast team to make it easier for a QB to jump in next off season. In other words, adding more depth in every position.

Some of you guys (I'm not pointing to you, Chico, in particular - just saying in general) never cease to amaze me. Some of you guys are always so ready to call for Shanny's head, right when we have absolutely NO idea what Shanny's plans are. And yet you all were mostly the guys who complained about how Redskins FO don't have continuity in the franchise.
Same was happening in NYC for Tom Coughlin a few weeks ago.....for the 13th time....go figure
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #205
Registered User
 
RexKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fauquier County, VA
Posts: 15
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

For me it greatly depends on the health of Peyton Manning.

But here is what I'd do:

1) *SIGN FA LG CARL NICKS- While NO's scrambles to sign Drew Brees to an attractive contract, sign one of the best FA's available this year in Carl Nicks. Pairing Nicks up next to Trent Williams give Washington on of the strongest left sides in the NFL.
2) *SIGN FA WR DWAYNE BOWE- Skin's have needed a larger, developed, playmaker to pair opposite Moss for so long.

Here is where it gets tricky:

If its seems that Peyton Manning is healthy. *** If so.

4) *SIGN FA QB PEYTON MANNING- If he is healthy, he is a Tope 10 QB in this league and that what it takes to win a Super Bowl. I think he might even still be Top 5 and the biggest kicker is that you won't have to give up any draft picks to get him.
5) *SIGN FA WR REGGIE WAYNE- Wayne is in his twilight and I would only sign him if Peyton was QB.
6) *SIGN FA C JEFF SATURDAY-Saturday, like Wayne, is in his twilight and I would only sign him if Peyton was QB.

If Peyton is not healthy/retires, then I would consider:

4) *SIGN FA QB ALEX SMITH- He is more athletic and has more upside then the Redskins QB options of a year ago.
5) *SIGN FA CB CORTLAND FINNEGAN- I know we have two equally as talented corners already, but the league is such a passing based league now. ( we play New York twice and New Orleans once next year )

DRAFT :

1st Round - BEST OT available may Matt Kalil, OT, USC falls? If not then
Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2nd Round -Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor, Mark Barron, SS, ‘Bama, Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
RexKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #206
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,609
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Are you even willing to endure other few years of rebuilding? Because I am not willing to do that. If Shanny does not have "appropriate" plan for the QB position for the off season, I am certain he at least will have plans to build a better support cast team to make it easier for a QB to jump in next off season. In other words, adding more depth in every position.

Some of you guys (I'm not pointing to you, Chico, in particular - just saying in general) never cease to amaze me. Some of you guys are always so ready to call for Shanny's head, right when we have absolutely NO idea what Shanny's plans are. And yet you all were mostly the guys who complained about how Redskins FO don't have continuity in the franchise.
Yeah Im not saying im ready for him to be fired at this time, ive seen improvement. But there is accountability for his choice in QB and his plan at QB so far which is an epic fail. We need a QB now, and before all other parts areas can be addressed we need to have a solid plan in place to aquire a viable starter in order to improve this team. I need to see improvement this upcoming year on the offense, including QB, to have Shanny back after year 3. 10 losses again will not cut it period
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #207
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

That is fair argument, but try to put yourself in Shanny's shoes. You basically would have to give up your several high round picks such as two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks or something like that to get Griffin, I am not going to bring up the possibility of drafting Luck because it is almost guaranteed to be not possible. Would you do it? If you do that, then how can you build a better support cast around Griffin if you have limited picks. Yes, there is free agency but we have already learned from our history that building a team through free agency is not good way. And not even to mention the fact that we have seen last year, Allen is not willing to give free agent players hefty paychecks.

Last edited by GridIron26; 02-02-2012 at 05:26 PM.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #208
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,132
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

@ REX KELLY...

9ers will NOT let alex smith go... as awful as he is...
__________________
Leader of the Avy boycott until this organization makes smarter choices.

R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #209
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,031
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexKelly View Post
For me it greatly depends on the health of Peyton Manning.

But here is what I'd do:

1) *SIGN FA LG CARL NICKS- While NO's scrambles to sign Drew Brees to an attractive contract, sign one of the best FA's available this year in Carl Nicks. Pairing Nicks up next to Trent Williams give Washington on of the strongest left sides in the NFL.
2) *SIGN FA WR DWAYNE BOWE- Skin's have needed a larger, developed, playmaker to pair opposite Moss for so long.

Here is where it gets tricky:

If its seems that Peyton Manning is healthy. *** If so.

4) *SIGN FA QB PEYTON MANNING- If he is healthy, he is a Tope 10 QB in this league and that what it takes to win a Super Bowl. I think he might even still be Top 5 and the biggest kicker is that you won't have to give up any draft picks to get him.
5) *SIGN FA WR REGGIE WAYNE- Wayne is in his twilight and I would only sign him if Peyton was QB.
6) *SIGN FA C JEFF SATURDAY-Saturday, like Wayne, is in his twilight and I would only sign him if Peyton was QB.

If Peyton is not healthy/retires, then I would consider:

4) *SIGN FA QB ALEX SMITH- He is more athletic and has more upside then the Redskins QB options of a year ago.
5) *SIGN FA CB CORTLAND FINNEGAN- I know we have two equally as talented corners already, but the league is such a passing based league now. ( we play New York twice and New Orleans once next year )

DRAFT :

1st Round - BEST OT available may Matt Kalil, OT, USC falls? If not then
Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2nd Round -Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor, Mark Barron, SS, ‘Bama, Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Carl Nicks is a heck of a player. But he does not fit Shanahan's system very well. Shanahan treasures small, mobile linemen whereas Nicks is a huge mauler.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #210
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,233
Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

So would you guys rather go FA to get our #1 WR or draft one? Personally I feel we will do both.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.55833 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25