Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton manning cleared to play

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #166
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I still would be surprised if he does sign here, but I'm 100% behind making a run at him
I'd be surprised if he signed here, too. Why would he want to? There are a few reasons I don't think he would.

First, he's been playing at least half of his games every season in a dome on a much faster track than Fed Ex Field. Just ask Drew Brees how much easier that makes life as a QB in today's NFL. He'd have to play in a colder environment here, where's he constantly outdoors, on grass (not field turf) nonetheless, and the elements play a much bigger factor. Definitely something to consider, especially if he comes back with some diminished arm strength.

Secondly, he's in Eli's division. Last night's game hurt Peyton's chances of ever wearing the B&G. Would he want to go to a division where his baby brother is the top dog? With the young nucleus of talent on the Giants including a very dynamic receiving corps and studly pass-rush, they'll be a force for the next several years. Eli is fully in his prime now. He'll be a top 5 QB for the next half a decade I suspect. Peyton will be retired in half a decade. If Peyton cares about his own legacy, which I'm sure he does, he'll stay away from the NFC East.

Thirdly, Peyton wants to go somewhere where he can win quickly. No reason to think that's here. Given our overall lack of talent and the caliber of talent on the rosters of our division rivals, I don't see how Manning would be convinced he'd have a chance at glory in DC before his window as a player is closed (if it isn't already).

In summary, I'd be stunned if he wanted to play in DC.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #167
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,903
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm starting to think all of this Manning talk is a huge smoke screen to give the Skins more leverage in obtaining RGIII.
Man I hope so.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #168
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm starting to think all of this Manning talk is a huge smoke screen to give the Skins more leverage in obtaining RGIII.
I'm hoping both are smoke screens. Manning might not be ready to play due to his numbness come Sept. and I don't see the coaching staff using RGIII's skills to their fullest. We would be better served to get a QB who is a pocket style QB, who is healthy, and who does have some scrambling ablility.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #169
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm starting to think all of this Manning talk is a huge smoke screen to give the Skins more leverage in obtaining RGIII.
Perhaps. But what kind of leverage does it really give them?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #170
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,273
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

maybe instead of showing interest right off the bat and driving the asking price too damn high, act uninterested, then swoop in with a late minute deal close to the draft?

(all contingent of course on Peyton manning still being available in free agency, and linked to a couple visits via Dannys private jet......)
__________________
Ain't Nothin Like a Good B Western.

YEEHAW

Last edited by Mechanix544; 02-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #171
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'd be surprised if he signed here, too. Why would he want to? There are a few reasons I don't think he would.

First, he's been playing at least half of his games every season in a dome on a much faster track than Fed Ex Field. Just ask Drew Brees how much easier that makes life as a QB in today's NFL. He'd have to play in a colder environment here, where's he constantly outdoors, on grass (not field turf) nonetheless, and the elements play a much bigger factor. Definitely something to consider, especially if he comes back with some diminished arm strength.

Secondly, he's in Eli's division. Last night's game hurt Peyton's chances of ever wearing the B&G. Would he want to go to a division where his baby brother is the top dog? With the young nucleus of talent on the Giants including a very dynamic receiving corps and studly pass-rush, they'll be a force for the next several years. Eli is fully in his prime now. He'll be a top 5 QB for the next half a decade I suspect. Peyton will be retired in half a decade. If Peyton cares about his own legacy, which I'm sure he does, he'll stay away from the NFC East.

Thirdly, Peyton wants to go somewhere where he can win quickly. No reason to think that's here. Given our overall lack of talent and the caliber of talent on the rosters of our division rivals, I don't see how Manning would be convinced he'd have a chance at glory in DC before his window as a player is closed (if it isn't already).

In summary, I'd be stunned if he wanted to play in DC.
Don't go crowning the Giants the team to beat for the next 5 yrs because to much happens in football to quick for that. I bet they don't evn make the playoffs next year.
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #172
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Don't go crowning the Giants the team to beat for the next 5 yrs because to much happens in football to quick for that. I bet they don't evn make the playoffs next year.
I didn't say team to beat. I said a force. You know they're not even the early favorite to win the NFC next season? Today Vegas gave better odds to GB and Philly. The Giants are a mere 20-1 to repeat as NFC champs.

That said, they got to the Super Bowl despite a rash of season ending injuries. They'll be better on paper at the start of next season's training camp than they are right now.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #173
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,990
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Thirdly, Peyton wants to go somewhere where he can win quickly. No reason to think that's here. Given our overall lack of talent and the caliber of talent on the rosters of our division rivals, I don't see how Manning would be convinced he'd have a chance at glory in DC before his window as a player is closed (if it isn't already).

In summary, I'd be stunned if he wanted to play in DC.

He does'nt want to play here and lets remember money is not a factor for Peyton ,he won't play for free but as you said he'll go to where he can win the fastest and ...2)Does anyone out there really beleive the the Shannahans will give up control of the Offese to him....ahhhh no.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #174
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,990
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Don't go crowning the Giants the team to beat for the next 5 yrs because to much happens in football to quick for that. I bet they don't evn make the playoffs next year.
How much are you betting becuase after the last Redskin game Vegas had the Giants at 100- 1 to win the super bowl,how did that work out for them?I agree anything can happen ...just sometimes it takes ..like 20 years.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #175
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How much are you betting becuase after the last Redskin game Vegas had the Giants at 100- 1 to win the super bowl,how did that work out for them?I agree anything can happen ...just sometimes it takes ..like 20 years.
Good for you for winning the Super Bowl. Congrats.

How's about if you're gonna come on the site the day after, you win with some class, mmmkay?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #176
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,990
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Good for you for winning the Super Bowl. Congrats.

How's about if you're gonna come on the site the day after, you win with some class, mmmkay?
I've done nothing but .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #177
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I've done nothing but .
Rubbing 20 years in our face is classy? Sure.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #178
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,990
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Rubbing 20 years in our face is classy? Sure.
I did'nt rub a thing,all I did was respond to firstdowns post.Did'nt know you were touchy on the subject.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #179
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

I've always wondered something. Do you also post on a Giants message board?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #180
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,990
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've always wondered something. Do you also post on a Giants message board?

A few, and a Eagels,Jets......and another Redskins one.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29115 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25