Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton manning cleared to play

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #196
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

LOL...oh HELL NO!!!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #197
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,905
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Don't go crowning the Giants the team to beat for the next 5 yrs because to much happens in football to quick for that. I bet they don't evn make the playoffs next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How much are you betting becuase after the last Redskin game Vegas had the Giants at 100- 1 to win the super bowl,how did that work out for them?I agree anything can happen ...just sometimes it takes ..like 20 years.
I'm with Scud on this one.. Giantone's comment was uncalled for. Especially since FD's original post was not a shot at the Giants, but rather a valid comment in today's NFL.

Do you realize that 4 of the last 5 years, at least one of the NFC Championship game participants has failed to make the playoffs the following year? (06 Chi, 07 GB, 09 Min, 10 Chi, exception 08 Ari/Phi)

Based on this data the odds of the mighty Giants missing the playoffs next year are 40% (4/5 * 50%). Not a bad bet at all, especially if/when you find a cocky NYG fan to give you 3-1 or better...
CrazyCanuck is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #198
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,219
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

The Giants have underperformed for the past 5-6 years. (including Super Bowl years) I gave them a pass this year due to all their injuries at the beginning, and losing out on some free agents. However, that team has had entirely too much talent on it to have performed the way they have the past few years.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #199
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

This is why we couldn't find manning last night...
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #200
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Based on this data the odds of the mighty Giants missing the playoffs next year are 40% (4/5 * 50%). Not a bad bet at all, especially if/when you find a cocky NYG fan to give you 3-1 or better...

Small sample size, mate.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist being a Devil's Advocate. XD)
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #201
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
I'm with Scud on this one.. Giantone's comment was uncalled for. Especially since FD's original post was not a shot at the Giants, but rather a valid comment in today's NFL.

Do you realize that 4 of the last 5 years, at least one of the NFC Championship game participants has failed to make the playoffs the following year? (06 Chi, 07 GB, 09 Min, 10 Chi, exception 08 Ari/Phi)

Based on this data the odds of the mighty Giants missing the playoffs next year are 40% (4/5 * 50%). Not a bad bet at all, especially if/when you find a cocky NYG fan to give you 3-1 or better...
LOL...

Ok, what on my comment to firstdown was not truthful or valid?Oh yeah I am a "cocky" as you say ...your words not mine.....the Giants just won the super bowl...why would'nt I be you telling me no here would be , and what that proves is your(data) stats don't mean a thing.What is funny is by me using the exact same fact in respect to an other team....is disrespectful
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #202
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
The Giants have underperformed for the past 5-6 years. (including Super Bowl years) .

LOL....we under perform when winning the super bowl?Serously,no disrepect intended to anyone but some sour grapes are falling.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #203
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,219
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL....we under perform when winning the super bowl?Serously,no disrepect intended to anyone but some sour grapes are falling.

Sour grapes? I was pulling for the Giants you dope.

I know you are a Giants fan which is why I'm going to forgive your ability to comprehend what I said.


Yes, the Giants did underperformed in 2007 when they won the Super Bowl. In fact, it was by the skin of their teeth they made it in, and Coughlin was on the hot seat and was all but fired had they not made it to the playoffs. They had a better road record than they did at home.

If your coach is about to get fired, THAT is huge sign of under performing. They had the talent to have had the best record in the NFC the past few years, yet come stumbling into the playoffs with a 9-7 record or miss the playoffs in other years.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #204
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
A few, and a Eagels,Jets......and another Redskins one.
That's sad.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #205
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,427
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

anyone post this yet?

Report: Peyton Manning Wants To Play For The Redskins In 2012 - Business Insider

apparently Manning wants to play here... gotta love this time of year.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #206
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
anyone post this yet?

Report: Peyton Manning Wants To Play For The Redskins In 2012 - Business Insider

apparently Manning wants to play here... gotta love this time of year.
Yes they have. It's the same stupid comment made by Eskin that everyone around the country has decided to quote at different times but it's the same original comment by him.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #207
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

As an example go back to post #172 in this thread. But it has been posted in all the QB threads here with different media personnell all referencing Eskin.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #208
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
anyone post this yet?

Report: Peyton Manning Wants To Play For The Redskins In 2012 - Business Insider

apparently Manning wants to play here... gotta love this time of year.
Lol, well, we did finish with a better record than the team he was on. We should go 13-3 easy.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #209
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,813
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL....we under perform when winning the super bowl?Serously,no disrepect intended to anyone but some sour grapes are falling.
I really don't know why anyone would say they've "underperformed". In a era of NFL parity, you guys have won it twice now the last few years. On top of that you guys have had to do it by going the wild card route, having to win tough road playoff games. I was rooting for the Pats but I have a ton of respect for what the Giants have done. Eli said he was elite and he went out and backed it up.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #210
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Peyton manning cleared to play

i wanted to root for the pats but the giants are like a brother
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28006 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25