Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #61
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,220
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Orton is way better than grossman or beck.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #62
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I'll have this dinner combo, please.
I think I'm allergic to that menu.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #63
Special Teams
 
redskin29633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 152
Exclamation Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Always said it's a longshot. But it's not 100%. It's not necessarily going to be any easier to trade to #2 than #1
Exactly! That is why I don't think either scenario plays out for Washington. Plus, I think we are smart enough to realize that we need the picks more than we need to trade up.
redskin29633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #64
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Orton would be an excellent backup. Luck and orton is basically a dream scenario.
You don't dream very high do you?

Come on folks, Orton? His stats might be marginally better but he's definitly not franchise material. You guys will blast me for wanting Flynn who has not been let go, cut, fired, or anything and has done well in the limited time given, but you are all over the Orton idea? WTF?

I feel like I'm watching "In Living Color" again with the "Lowered Expectations." lol.

Brees would be a great pick up but I just can't see the Saints letting him get away. P.Manning would be nice "IF" he can play or "IF" he can be on page to helping to coach the Rookie's until he can play, but it sounds like he's possessive of his job while in Indy and not giving the second stringer practice time so he might not be into coaching until he learns he can't play ever again or he decides to stop playing.

I'd do whatever it takes to get Flynn and offer him the starting job. I'd then trade TW (a 1st round Pick that has lived up to that his billing) to the Rams because they need a LT and Orakpo (another 1st round pick who's better playing in a 4-3) for their #2 pick. I'd then draft Blackmon with the #2, and trade back the #6 for more picks and take either Weeden (because Weeden and Blackmon have a connection) or I'd take one of the other QB's... Tannehill, Cousins, Wilson. Wilson has suprised me and might would think hard about taking him. This way we have 2 new QB's one being a Vet one a Rookie and could let Grossman and Beck go. Plus we have the top WR in the draft to compliment Hankerson.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #65
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
Orton is way better than grossman or beck.
I believe your stretching the truth a bit. But I will say almost anyone is better then Grossman and Beck.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #66
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,973
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
Kyle Orton wins games. I am not sure how I feel about it yet, but he is like the Rodney Dangerfield of NFL QB's. He is accurate, has a pretty good arm, and is really looking to make a mark as a starting QB. If we sign him, I wouldn't be upset. That would give us the starting QB we want, plus we can use the picks to build talent. We could still land a QB in the 3rd round.
I'd rather try and go after a vet that's at least got some potential. If Henne is let go I say we try him. At least he's got potential. We know what Orton is. Game manager, may not turn it over at the rate Grossman does but also is kinda just a Mr. Checkdown. This team isn't going to the Super Bowl next year. Still need another year or two of rebuilding.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #67
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 84,582
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
You don't dream very high do you?

Come on folks, Orton? His stats might be marginally better but he's definitly not franchise material. You guys will blast me for wanting Flynn who has not been let go, cut, fired, or anything and has done well in the limited time given, but you are all over the Orton idea? WTF?

I feel like I'm watching "In Living Color" again with the "Lowered Expectations." lol.

Brees would be a great pick up but I just can't see the Saints letting him get away. P.Manning would be nice "IF" he can play or "IF" he can be on page to helping to coach the Rookie's until he can play, but it sounds like he's possessive of his job while in Indy and not giving the second stringer practice time so he might not be into coaching until he learns he can't play ever again or he decides to stop playing.

I'd do whatever it takes to get Flynn and offer him the starting job. I'd then trade TW (a 1st round Pick that has lived up to that his billing) to the Rams because they need a LT and Orakpo (another 1st round pick who's better playing in a 4-3) for their #2 pick. I'd then draft Blackmon with the #2, and trade back the #6 for more picks and take either Weeden (because Weeden and Blackmon have a connection) or I'd take one of the other QB's... Tannehill, Cousins, Wilson. Wilson has suprised me and might would think hard about taking him. This way we have 2 new QB's one being a Vet one a Rookie and could let Grossman and Beck go. Plus we have the top WR in the draft to compliment Hankerson.
Nobody here is calling Orton a franchise QB or any sort of long term answer. We're talking about him as a veteran backup.

Orton is certainly much more proven than Flynn, and he would come a lot cheaper.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #68
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,973
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Whatever we do I just hope that the guy that's drafted is inserted as the starter day one. Let him make mistakes and live with it. I only want to see the back up play unless it's injury related. I know Shanahan is going to give us some BS about "whoever gives us the best chance to win" ...but I really don't want to hear that nonsense anymore. By the time this team's ready to be a contender he's going to retire.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #69
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'd do whatever it takes to get Flynn and offer him the starting job. I'd then trade TW (a 1st round Pick that has lived up to that his billing) to the Rams because they need a LT and Orakpo (another 1st round pick who's better playing in a 4-3) for their #2 pick. I'd then draft Blackmon with the #2, and trade back the #6 for more picks and take either Weeden (because Weeden and Blackmon have a connection) or I'd take one of the other QB's... Tannehill, Cousins, Wilson. Wilson has suprised me and might would think hard about taking him. This way we have 2 new QB's one being a Vet one a Rookie and could let Grossman and Beck go. Plus we have the top WR in the draft to compliment Hankerson.
If you trade Williams and Orakpo, then draft draft Blackmon, then a QB in 2nd round pick. How do you replace Williams and Orakpo? Willie Smith showed he can play but I do not think we have seen enough from him to replace Williams. Rob Jackson to replace Orakpo? This scenario is something I will never do.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #70
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,613
Rg3. Said he hopes the colts take him not luck.. lol good luck
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #71
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
If you trade Williams and Orakpo, then draft draft Blackmon, then a QB in 2nd round pick. How do you replace Williams and Orakpo? Willie Smith showed he can play but I do not think we have seen enough from him to replace Williams. Rob Jackson to replace Orakpo? This scenario is something I will never do.
This
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #72
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
If you trade Williams and Orakpo, then draft draft Blackmon, then a QB in 2nd round pick. How do you replace Williams and Orakpo? Willie Smith showed he can play but I do not think we have seen enough from him to replace Williams. Rob Jackson to replace Orakpo? This scenario is something I will never do.
Orakpo is the only issue. I think Smith did admirably with being thrown in with little eperience. Given another offseason I think he would be that much better. Plus he did admirably agains decent talent. The OL almost played better in those last 4 games vs. the middle of the year.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,729
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
lol yes u and I were the only KO guys..
I had about 3 or 4 other guys lined up on my sig before the end of the off season. And well, we know that the rest is history...
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #74
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,441
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

I see some of you mention that if we wanted Orton, why didn't we put in a claim for him when he was released mid-season. Well, we did look into acquiring him BEFORE the season started so it was obvious we were interested. However, acquiring Orton mid-season would not have helped us last season. I would have rather stayed with Rex than have Orton come in the middle of the season and try to run the offense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Nobody here is calling Orton a franchise QB or any sort of long term answer. We're talking about him as a veteran backup.

I would love to have Orton as a backup, but the reality is he isn't going to go anywhere that he doesn't have a shot at starting. Also, you aren't going to pay a backup 5-6 mil per year either which is the type of salary he'll command.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #75
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,973
Re: Mike Lombardi Links Kyle Orton to the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I see some of you mention that if we wanted Orton, why didn't we put in a claim for him when he was released mid-season. Well, we did look into acquiring him BEFORE the season started so it was obvious we were interested. However, acquiring Orton mid-season would not have helped us last season. I would have rather stayed with Rex than have Orton come in the middle of the season and try to run the offense.





I would love to have Orton as a backup, but the reality is he isn't going to go anywhere that he doesn't have a shot at starting. Also, you aren't going to pay a backup 5-6 mil per year either which is the type of salary he'll command.
1. No one is bringing in Orton as a starter
2. No one is paying him 5-6 mil a year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28736 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25