Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #301
Registered User
 
Pigskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 537
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Pigskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #302
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,471
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Is it assholish (FD school of language student) of me to want to see another team leap us and grab RGIII just so I can see many of those guys at ES implode?


I think I would make an account just so I could post this.

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-10-2012 at 09:19 AM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #303
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,893
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

I'm looking forward to the time when we aren't debating who we get at QB, but rather whether or not that pick sucked for us... I hate the offseason...
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #304
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

^ The bad part is we are kings of the offseason. We are super bowl champs in the offseason then come Sept we always get the rude awakening.

I don't think we as fans will ever stop discussing any position though. If we had our QB set it would be WR, or RB, or FS, or ILB, or something. We fans are so passionate about the team we just want them to win.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #305
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,741
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

I keep going back and forth on this QB stuff. I'm such a passionate Redskins fan, that I'm ready to defend whatever move they make in securing a quarterback. I've had to defend the move for Peyton Manning to a couple of friends who are Ravens fans. One said, "I hope they do get Peyton Manning, it will be very "Redskin" of them. They are too many players away from making it to the big dance" When I tried to explain to him how this is NOT the same as signing Deion Sanders or Bruce Smith, he goes on to say, "It's EXACTLY the same. Peyton is old and the Redskins will overpay to get him like they always do."

In every article I have read, it seems more times than not, the columnist has to put in this line, "The Redskins are always the obvious choice because they like making the big splash in the offseason." Burns me up because, nobody outside of Redskins Park or this close knit family of 'skins fans realize that Vinny Cerrato is no longer employed with the Redskins. The 'skins are under "new management" and Dan Snyder has pretty much delegated himself to stepping out of the spotlight. The last "big name" guy we signed was McNabb, but his contract was not really an outlandish contract.

But anyways, everybody and their brother has said that the Redskins MUST land a quarterback this year, or it's curtains for Shanahan. Those same people will say, "It's the same old Redskins if they pick up Peyton Manning." If the Redskins don't pick up Manning and don't trade up for RGIII, those same people will say, "The Redskins had to settle for another stop gap until they can truly find their guy. <Insert Name Here> just isn't a franchise quarterback." And yet, the same people who say the Redskins are too many players away from making the playoffs are the ones suggesting the 'skins MUST trade up to land RGIII. Doesn't make sense to me, personally. If you're going to argue that the Redskins are several players away from being a good team, then you'd support a move in landing Peyton, because you keep your draft picks and can still draft a good quarterback who could take over in a couple of years. You also have other picks to address those other areas of need.

Yet, when I explain this to them, it's like they all take an ignorant pill. So honestly, I'm so tired trying to explain and defend whatever move we all think the Redskins are going to make. Honestly, I see the sense in getting Peyton, and I see the sense in moving up for RGIII. I'm just like a lot of you guys....tired of not having that franchise QB. I don't think I can wait another season to get him.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #306
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Skinsguy, many of us feel your pain. In the end, it is best to ignore everybody else and wait for(or at least hope) Allen and Shanny to prove all doubters wrong.
GridIron26 is online now  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #307
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,741
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Skinsguy, many of us feel your pain. In the end, it is best to ignore everybody else and wait for(or at least hope) Allen and Shanny to prove all doubters wrong.

Just kind of hard to do, because the fans from other teams seem to be pretty smug in their assessments of the 'skins - which I suppose they have good reason, but still. I had one guy to tell me that the Redskins only really earned one Super Bowl trophy, that the others don't count because of strike shortened years. Really? So all of those previous seasons in which the seasons did not consist of 16 games don't count either???
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #308
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I keep going back and forth on this QB stuff. I'm such a passionate Redskins fan, that I'm ready to defend whatever move they make in securing a quarterback. I've had to defend the move for Peyton Manning to a couple of friends who are Ravens fans. One said, "I hope they do get Peyton Manning, it will be very "Redskin" of them. They are too many players away from making it to the big dance" When I tried to explain to him how this is NOT the same as signing Deion Sanders or Bruce Smith, he goes on to say, "It's EXACTLY the same. Peyton is old and the Redskins will overpay to get him like they always do."

In every article I have read, it seems more times than not, the columnist has to put in this line, "The Redskins are always the obvious choice because they like making the big splash in the offseason." Burns me up because, nobody outside of Redskins Park or this close knit family of 'skins fans realize that Vinny Cerrato is no longer employed with the Redskins. The 'skins are under "new management" and Dan Snyder has pretty much delegated himself to stepping out of the spotlight. The last "big name" guy we signed was McNabb, but his contract was not really an outlandish contract.

But anyways, everybody and their brother has said that the Redskins MUST land a quarterback this year, or it's curtains for Shanahan. Those same people will say, "It's the same old Redskins if they pick up Peyton Manning." If the Redskins don't pick up Manning and don't trade up for RGIII, those same people will say, "The Redskins had to settle for another stop gap until they can truly find their guy. <Insert Name Here> just isn't a franchise quarterback." And yet, the same people who say the Redskins are too many players away from making the playoffs are the ones suggesting the 'skins MUST trade up to land RGIII. Doesn't make sense to me, personally. If you're going to argue that the Redskins are several players away from being a good team, then you'd support a move in landing Peyton, because you keep your draft picks and can still draft a good quarterback who could take over in a couple of years. You also have other picks to address those other areas of need.

Yet, when I explain this to them, it's like they all take an ignorant pill. So honestly, I'm so tired trying to explain and defend whatever move we all think the Redskins are going to make. Honestly, I see the sense in getting Peyton, and I see the sense in moving up for RGIII. I'm just like a lot of you guys....tired of not having that franchise QB. I don't think I can wait another season to get him.
Preach it man!

I was feeling the same way during the super bowl this year saying to myself 'God the Skins aren't going to be here for a long, long time'
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #309
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yuk. I think during the Super Bowl Acura showed that they were bringing back their top elite car again which I think looks a lot better.

It's the Acura NSX, awesome car.
Ditto on the NSX! The original one was fantastic I'm stoked to see the new one.

Why yuk on the Lexus?
The Goat is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #310
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
But anyways, everybody and their brother has said that the Redskins MUST land a quarterback this year, or it's curtains for Shanahan. Those same people will say, "It's the same old Redskins if they pick up Peyton Manning." If the Redskins don't pick up Manning and don't trade up for RGIII, those same people will say, "The Redskins had to settle for another stop gap until they can truly find their guy. <Insert Name Here> just isn't a franchise quarterback." And yet, the same people who say the Redskins are too many players away from making the playoffs are the ones suggesting the 'skins MUST trade up to land RGIII. Doesn't make sense to me, personally. If you're going to argue that the Redskins are several players away from being a good team, then you'd support a move in landing Peyton, because you keep your draft picks and can still draft a good quarterback who could take over in a couple of years. You also have other picks to address those other areas of need.

Yet, when I explain this to them, it's like they all take an ignorant pill. So honestly, I'm so tired trying to explain and defend whatever move we all think the Redskins are going to make. Honestly, I see the sense in getting Peyton, and I see the sense in moving up for RGIII. I'm just like a lot of you guys....tired of not having that franchise QB. I don't think I can wait another season to get him.
Ha, Ha. I'm 100% in the same frame of mind. and your right the same people who say the Skins are rebuilding or need to are the same people who say the Skins need to throw as many draft picks needed to land RGIII. If we are more then 1 player away from the playoffs or SB then why waist the picks on one player.... pick up a FA QB, trade back for more picks, get a QB and some weapons and start the season.

I don't get it either. Personally the only reason I want PM is so he can help out any Rookie brought in. Will he? everyone thinks not but if and or when he finds out he can't play I'd like to be the team to offer him some form of coaching job simply because of his knowledge. But my dream scenario is Flynn, Blackmon (won't happen cause he'll be gone by #6) or Floyd, and Weeden.

Last year the team went: Defense, Defense, Offense. I hope this year they go Offense, Offense, Defense. The first two could be any order QB/WR or WR/QB, the defense I'd like to see them take a FS only cause the two last year were DL plus Jenkins will be coming back which will be similar to having a draft pick.

Last edited by SBXVII; 02-10-2012 at 12:54 PM.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #311
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Ditto on the NSX! The original one was fantastic I'm stoked to see the new one.

Why yuk on the Lexus?
IDK, I just didn't like the body style. I guess it could grow on me if I see if more. Your post was the first time I saw it.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #312
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
But anyways, everybody and their brother has said that the Redskins MUST land a quarterback this year, or it's curtains for Shanahan. Those same people will say, "It's the same old Redskins if they pick up Peyton Manning." If the Redskins don't pick up Manning and don't trade up for RGIII, those same people will say, "The Redskins had to settle for another stop gap until they can truly find their guy. <Insert Name Here> just isn't a franchise quarterback." And yet, the same people who say the Redskins are too many players away from making the playoffs are the ones suggesting the 'skins MUST trade up to land RGIII. Doesn't make sense to me, personally. If you're going to argue that the Redskins are several players away from being a good team, then you'd support a move in landing Peyton, because you keep your draft picks and can still draft a good quarterback who could take over in a couple of years. You also have other picks to address those other areas of need.
It is really a remarkable conundrum that Mike Shanahan has built for himself.

Ultimately what people say doesn't matter. If he trades up for RG3 and doesn't have enough depth to win, he's gone. If he sits tight at the quarterback position and builds depth and can't win close games because he doesn't trust the fifth quarterback he handpicked, he's gone. If he goes after Peyton Manning and bypasses a QB in the draft again and Peyton doesn't work out, he's gone.

And yet, if he completely and totally screws up the offseason but leads the team into a 10-6 finish in the regular season, then he gets his contract extended and everybody loves him. Because that's how the NFL works.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #313
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ha, Ha. I'm 100% in the same frame of mind. and your right the same people who say the Skins are rebuilding or need to are the same people who say the Skins need to throw as many draft picks needed to land RGIII. If we are more then 1 player away from the playoffs or SB then why waist the picks on one player.... pick up a FA QB, trade back for more picks, get a QB and some weapons and start the season.
No. No they are not the same people. They are in fact, different people.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #314
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Skinsguy, to scale it on another note I loved last years draft. All those years of being the "Offseason Mega Team" only to find out those FA's failed or didn't help much killed me. Other team fans would say "Oh here we go again the Skins are going to win the offseason SB only to lose come the regular season."

Now the team does something completely different then what they have done in the past (trading back for more picks and only limited FA pick ups) and it's like the media doesn't know what to do so they tie every FA QB to the Skins this year. The fans are just as bad like they are having DT's and need a fix... lets get PM, Orton, Flynn, Hoyer, Bowe, VJ, etc. etc. etc.

I think it's obvious we have a problem at QB. No one wants Grossman or Beck back next year so the team will definitly need a FA to either start or as a back up, and the same can be said for WR. Moss has been on the decline, but I think we keep him. Bring in a FA WR and draft both QB and WR to develope.

I'm also not a fan of the popular choice. When everyone thought all the QB's would be declaring it was all about Luck. I was somewhat interested in Barkley. Then it was all Luck and Barkley I kinda fell off the Barkley bandwagon and was interested in RGIII. Then RGIII started getting attention I looked at Landry Jones. Barkley and Jones decide to stay in college, the QB pool got thinner and Luck and RGIII are now the only two good QB's cause there is some HUGE drop off.

Now I'm on to Weeden. He's my Andy Dalton. Weeden has the arm to make all the throws. He already has some knowlege of our system. He plays well with others (lol) I mean the coaches and he get along. and lastly I heard or read from some retired QB that they like Weeden also because he throws the ball with a tight spiral and it doesn't matter how strong you are what really matters is how tight of a spiral you throw cause thats what will cut through the air on windy days.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #315
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Apocalypse: The Seventh Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It is really a remarkable conundrum that Mike Shanahan has built for himself.

Ultimately what people say doesn't matter. If he trades up for RG3 and doesn't have enough depth to win, he's gone. If he sits tight at the quarterback position and builds depth and can't win close games because he doesn't trust the fifth quarterback he handpicked, he's gone. If he goes after Peyton Manning and bypasses a QB in the draft again and Peyton doesn't work out, he's gone.

And yet, if he completely and totally screws up the offseason but leads the team into a 10-6 finish in the regular season, then he gets his contract extended and everybody loves him. Because that's how the NFL works.

This is another topic. Everyone is on the bandwagon that if he has another bad year he's gone. No matter what. Personally I think after 10 yrs of whatever D.Snyder was doing not working out I think he's trying something different. Consistancy. I think there was a huge improvement from year one with our WR's and OL this year. Other point to yards and points and say otherwise but the team looked more like a team. I think given his full 5 years I think we all will be impressed and he can sign his new contract then.

The problem is there was so much to fix/change. I think the defense did very well last year and with an offensive infusion this year and a better understanding of the blocking the OL will be much improved, the WR's will hopefully be much improved with atleast 1 FA WR, 1 drafted WR, and Hankerson. Our RB's played admirably but I might draft 1 big bull dozing RB for short yardage unless they are happy with the Fullback. I don't think we are 1 player away but I think we are closer then everyone thinks when it comes to making the playoffs and making a run for the SB.
SBXVII is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35609 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25