Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: If you had to choose between the two...
Sign Peyton Manning 43 32.82%
Trade up for RGIII 88 67.18%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #661
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

SS, based on what you know (and maybe you have already answered this), what do you think the percentages are for the following (i.e. 40% chance we get Manning; 40% RGIII; 10% Orton; 2% No Change):

PM and developmental 2nd tier QB;
PM and pass on developmental;
RGIII by trading;
RGIII 'cause he falls to us;
Orton and developmental
Other journeyman QB and developmental
Other

Not sure if you can even divide it that way, really just looking - based on your sources, your evaluation of them and of the situation - what you believe are the most likely scenarios are.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #662
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
SS, based on what you know (and maybe you have already answered this), what do you think the percentages are for the following (i.e. 40% chance we get Manning; 40% RGIII; 10% Orton; 2% No Change):

PM and developmental 2nd tier QB;
PM and pass on developmental;
RGIII by trading;
RGIII 'cause he falls to us;
Orton and developmental
Other journeyman QB and developmental
Other

Not sure if you can even divide it that way, really just looking - based on your sources, your evaluation of them and of the situation - what you believe are the most likely scenarios are.
While this is a possibility, I would say that this is really hard to predict. It would take something unexpected to happen such as one of the teams above making an unexpected move or RG3 doing/saying something during the combine that affects his draft status.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #663
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
SS, based on what you know (and maybe you have already answered this), what do you think the percentages are for the following (i.e. 40% chance we get Manning; 40% RGIII; 10% Orton; 2% No Change):

PM and developmental 2nd tier QB;
PM and pass on developmental;
RGIII by trading;
RGIII 'cause he falls to us;
Orton and developmental
Other journeyman QB and developmental
Other

Not sure if you can even divide it that way, really just looking - based on your sources, your evaluation of them and of the situation - what you believe are the most likely scenarios are.
Oh man, that's really tough to answer. Let's see. I'll base it on pies. With 5 being very likely

PM and developmental 2nd tier QB: 3 Pies

PM and pass on developmental: 1 Pie

RGIII by trading: 2 Pies to #2/ 3 Pies to #3/ 4 Pies to #4

RGIII 'cause he falls to us: 1 Pie

Orton and developmental: 1 Pie

Other journeyman QB and developmental: 4.5 Pies (depends on what you see as journeyman, but this is what I most likely see happening)

Other: As in stay the course? 1 Pie
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #664
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Oh man, that's really tough to answer. Let's see. I'll base it on pies. With 5 being very likely

PM and developmental 2nd tier QB: 3 Pies

PM and pass on developmental: 1 Pie

RGIII by trading: 2 Pies to #2/ 3 Pies to #3/ 4 Pies to #4

RGIII 'cause he falls to us: 1 Pie

Orton and developmental: 1 Pie

Other journeyman QB and developmental: 4.5 Pies (depends on what you see as journeyman, but this is what I most likely see happening)

Other: As in stay the course? 1 Pie
Hmmm... So you are saying that they are now showing a greater interest in RG3. Not sure if that is good or bad...
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #665
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Greater interest? Um, well I'd say that the further down the board he goes the easier it would be to acquire him. But I mean we won't really know the answer to that until draft day, and by then we'll have possibly added one or two QBs in FA anyway
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #666
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Oh man, that's really tough to answer. Let's see. I'll base it on pies. With 5 being very likely

PM and developmental 2nd tier QB: 3 Pies

PM and pass on developmental: 1 Pie

RGIII by trading: 2 Pies to #2/ 3 Pies to #3/ 4 Pies to #4

RGIII 'cause he falls to us: 1 Pie

Orton and developmental: 1 Pie

Other journeyman QB and developmental: 4.5 Pies (depends on what you see as journeyman, but this is what I most likely see happening)

Other: As in stay the course? 1 Pie
If MS does this and we have a losing season, then I would be fine with him being fired at the end of the season.

Also, what pies are you talking about here? Apple? Pecan? LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #667
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If MS does this and we have a losing season, then I would be fine with him being fired at the end of the season.

Also, what pies are you talking about here? Apple? Pecan? LOL.
I would assume Boston Cream Pies aka the King of all pies.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #668
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If MS does this and we have a losing season, then I would be fine with him being fired at the end of the season.

Also, what pies are you talking about here? Apple? Pecan? LOL.
Key Lime, Sweet Potato, and Apple

What if he trades up for RG3 and we have a losing season?

What if he gets Manning and Tannehill and we have a losing season?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #669
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,427
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

fur
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #670
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Thanks SS.

In terms of "Other Journeyman", I was thinking of Hoyer or Flynn. Someone who could come in and be the presumed starter while our draftee sits for a few games, maybe the year if necessary.

Outside of Flynn, Hoyer (who I thought was being considered only as a back-up) who else do you consider? Henne? Josh Johnson or Clausen (I thought they were only being considered as back up material). Really, not sure who else is out there that could step in and start.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #671
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Thanks SS.

In terms of "Other Journeyman", I was thinking of Hoyer or Flynn. Someone who could come in and be the presumed starter while our draftee sits for a few games, maybe the year if necessary.

Outside of Flynn, Hoyer (who I thought was being considered only as a back-up) who else do you consider? Henne? Josh Johnson or Clausen (I thought they were only being considered as back up material). Really, not sure who else is out there that could step in and start.
MARK SANCHEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

But seriously yeah I think someone like Hoyer starts here. Or at least is given every chance to start. So i still think you could see a trade for Hoyer/draft Foles (just tossing that name out there as an option) and those are your 2 new QBs vying for the starting spot with Hoyer having the edge.

Haven't heard anything about Henne. Hear they're not interested in Flynn. Johnson is kind of being considered but I don't think it's so serious. Clausen definitely being considered but not as a starter
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #672
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Key Lime, Sweet Potato, and Apple

What if he trades up for RG3 and we have a losing season?

What if he gets Manning and Tannehill and we have a losing season?
Mmmmmm pie.

Anyway, good questions. To me a journeyman QB and a developmental QB are basically going in the same direction as we did last year in terms of that position. MS' willingness to go into the season with a question mark at QB to me is a bigger risk than PM or RG3. And regardless of how it happens, if he has a losing season with a journeyman QB, I just don't see how he keeps his job.

If we trade up to get RG3, I actually expect the possibility of having a losing season. However, I feel that making this move would be heading in the right direction, especially if the team shows improvements in the offense. I think this would warrant another year of MS to see how he is able to improve a rookie QB.

If we lose with Manning, my opinion would depend on how we lost. If we have a losing season because MS/KS would not adjust their gameplan to PM, then the Shanahans should be fired. If we have a losing season b/c someone overlooked something in regards to PM's health (i.e. we sign him when he is not healthy), then that would be unexcusable and someone should get fired over that.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #673
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Bringing in Clausen would solve one of the needs the team has had the last two years, which would be having someone Mike trusts on the roster at quarterback at the end of the season who can play meaningful minutes in a lost season, who is under contract for the next season.

Beck was that guy this year, but as the calendar turned to December, nobody wanted to play him. Clausen has low stock, but he's 25, and do we really know that he's a worse player than Bradford? I certainly suspect he is, but he would seem for the world to be the much better investment of the two.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #674
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Mmmmmm pie.

Anyway, good questions. To me a journeyman QB and a developmental QB are basically going in the same direction as we did last year in terms of that position. MS' willingness to go into the season with a question mark at QB to me is a bigger risk than PM or RG3. And regardless of how it happens, if he has a losing season with a journeyman QB, I just don't see how he keeps his job.

If we trade up to get RG3, I actually expect the possibility of having a losing season. However, I feel that making this move would be heading in the right direction, especially if the team shows improvements in the offense. I think this would warrant another year of MS to see how he is able to improve a rookie QB.

If we lose with Manning, my opinion would depend on how we lost. If we have a losing season because MS/KS would not adjust their gameplan to PM, then the Shanahans should be fired. If we have a losing season b/c someone overlooked something in regards to PM's health (i.e. we sign him when he is not healthy), then that would be unexcusable and someone should get fired over that.
Don't see who the "developmental" guy was last year. Crompton? He was just a late addition bargain pickup. I get your point, but if the developmental guy is drafted high, i.e. 1st or 2nd round, I think (& hope) there is still some room for patience, especially if they finish the season strong and/or the developmental qb gets some time & looks good late in year.
freddyg12 is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #675
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Don't see who the "developmental" guy was last year. Crompton? He was just a late addition bargain pickup. I get your point, but if the developmental guy is drafted high, i.e. 1st or 2nd round, I think (& hope) there is still some room for patience, especially if they finish the season strong and/or the developmental qb gets some time & looks good late in year.
I just don't want a mediocre journeyman to be our best option at QB. And you are right, there was no developmental QB last year, but still I don't want some mediocre QB to be our best option (and that's what happened last year). Also, I feel that MS needs to do something that makes sense and looks promising next season, because he wasted two years on a washed up McNabb and pinning his hopes on mediocre/backups at best QBs.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33061 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25