Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: If you had to choose between the two...
Sign Peyton Manning 43 32.82%
Trade up for RGIII 88 67.18%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #766
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,224
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah one day after Irsay says that he'd love to have Manning back if he wants to work out the contract... Irsay is all over the place. He keeps saying he wants to keep the business in house, yet he can't keep his mouth shut to save his life.


lol...work out his contract. I thought that douche bag Irsay said this wasn't about the money. Guy is such a ass clown. He really should shut the hell up.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #767
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It doesn't sound like any doctor is telling Peyton he shouldn't play again
It also has to be noted that the surgery they are reffering to in the future would be after he is done playing not now.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #768
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Also... MARK SCHLARETH came on ESPN yesterday and stated that this "4th surgery" was more of a procedure than an actuall surgery.

Much different in notation. A knee getting drained is a procedure for example, and a repair to a broken bone is a surgery.

This story is so overblown.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #769
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's so done.... and I honestly think that Allen and Shanahan are not going to go out and get him. Too risky. And for what? A couple of years?? Joe Theismann was right. Let's not do this quick fix BS anymore. With or w/out Manning we're not going to the SB next year so there's no point in signing him.


Exactly! Well said.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #770
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's so done.... and I honestly think that Allen and Shanahan are not going to go out and get him. Too risky. And for what? A couple of years?? Joe Theismann was right. Let's not do this quick fix BS anymore. With or w/out Manning we're not going to the SB next year so there's no point in signing him.
What's wrong with developing your young talent in a year or two? I don't understand why people act like we would be getting Manning in a vacuum. I think the health is a big concern, but I would hope that we have competent doctors on our staff that would make a correct assessment on Manning's health.

I have no problem with the team trading up, and I am actually glad that it seems as though the team has the option of either a.) trading up and use the cap room to surround a young QB with the deep crop of FAs this offseason or b.) pick up manning, a developing 2nd round QB, a FA or two, and continue to build through the draft.

Health issues aside, I don't get this stubborn, my way or the highway attitude of people that oppose to Manning's signing. I mean there is NO guarantee that we can trade up to get RG3, with the Browns sitting there with two #1 picks on this year's draft. Just as there is no guarantee that Manning would want to be here.

No point of being at the extreme of these two debates because anything can happen.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 02-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #771
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,030
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's so done.... and I honestly think that Allen and Shanahan are not going to go out and get him. Too risky. And for what? A couple of years?? Joe Theismann was right. Let's not do this quick fix BS anymore. With or w/out Manning we're not going to the SB next year so there's no point in signing him.
A) When did you examine him, so that you know this?

B) What medical school is your M.D. degree from?

C) What on earth would keep us from both signing Manning AND drafting a hot young rookie QB?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.

Last edited by Lotus; 02-16-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Lotus is online now  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #772
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
A) When did you examine him, so that you know this?

B) What medical school is your M.D. degree from?

C) What on earth would keep us from both signing Manning and drafting a hot young rookie QB?

My first choice this offseason.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #773
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,736
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
A) When did you examine him, so that you know this?

B) What medical school is your M.D. degree from?

C) What on earth would keep us from both signing Manning AND drafting a hot young rookie QB?
A) March 24th, 2011.

B) Emory, but I took some time off to get my PhD in French Literature at Oxford. I really wanted to do something for me. Anyway after that I did my residency at John Hopkins.

C) Depends on how hot the rookie QB. RGIII is a day 1 starter. Everyone else behind him is a group of guys that shouldn't be starting before week 8 at the very least.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to a triple bypass procedure, plus I got blood all over my keyboard.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #774
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

lol
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #775
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,437
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Doc: Peyton, if you play you may risk partial paralysis of your arm.
Peyton: Heres $10,0000
Doc: You're fine, suit up.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #776
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

People are comparing this sitaution to when we got McNabb but it really wouldn't be that. It's more closely associated with the Vikings drafting Ponder and trading for McNabb last year. The difference is we're not sending draft picks to Indy for Peyton and...hopefully...Manning has better results here than McNabb in Minnesota
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #777
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Doc: Peyton, if you play you may risk partial paralysis of your arm.
Peyton: Heres $10,0000
Doc: You're fine, suit up.
You think this would happen with an NFL team looking to get Manning?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #778
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,817
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
What's wrong with developing your young talent in a year or two? I don't understand why people act like we would be getting Manning in a vacuum. I think the health is a big concern, but I would hope that we have competent doctors on our staff that would make a correct assessment on Manning's health.

I have no problem with the team trading up, and I am actually glad that it seems as though the team has the option of either a.) trading up and use the cap room to surround a young QB with the deep crop of FAs this offseason or b.) pick up manning, a developing 2nd round QB, a FA or two, and continue to build through the draft.

Health issues aside, I don't get this stubborn, my way or the highway attitude of people that oppose to Manning's signing. I mean there is NO guarantee that we can trade up to get RG3, with the Browns sitting there with two #1 picks on this year's draft. Just as there is no guarantee that Manning would want to be here.

No point of being at the extreme of these two debates because anything can happen.
People act like great QB's can't be found in the 2nd round, or later in the first round. We're simply not in a position to give away picks to get RG3. As great an athlete that he is, he's going to need MAJOR coaching. Why not keep the pick, or move down and get more picks??

And Manning is 36 with bad neck nerves that weaken his tricep muscle. Now I do know this cause I did play QB a long time ago. Your tricep muscle is what gives you power to throw. I'm not a doc but that just doesn't sound good at all. I think ( and hope) we're done chasing other teams washed up players.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #779
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,817
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
People are comparing this sitaution to when we got McNabb but it really wouldn't be that. It's more closely associated with the Vikings drafting Ponder and trading for McNabb last year. The difference is we're not sending draft picks to Indy for Peyton and...hopefully...Manning has better results here than McNabb in Minnesota
Why not draft a guy ( like Cincy and Carolina did) and start him day one? Vikes would've just been better off playing Ponder from the get go. They just wasted time, money and draft picks messing around with McNabb. This team will be better off in the long run by doing what Cincy and Carolina did.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #780
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,224
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Loving these Warpath MDs. I know where to come when I have health issues.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29683 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25