Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: If you had to choose between the two...
Sign Peyton Manning 43 32.82%
Trade up for RGIII 88 67.18%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #781
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,436
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You think this would happen with an NFL team looking to get Manning?
Foxifino.....
I just made it up as sarcastic humor.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #782
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why not draft a guy ( like Cincy and Carolina did) and start him day one? Vikes would've just been better off playing Ponder from the get go. They just wasted time, money and draft picks messing around with McNabb. This team will be better off in the long run by doing what Cincy and Carolina did.
Carolina had the first overall pick, not the same situation. Cincy is a good example, although I believe they had to do it out of necessity...also I think Mike Brown is a lucky SOB.

The Redskins can't go into the draft without a viable FA QB, otherwise they'd get murdered in an effort to trade up.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #783
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Loving these Warpath MDs. I know where to come when I have health issues.
I have been suffering from a reoccuring back injury. Anyway anyone can give me some help.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #784
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,020
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Carolina had the first overall pick, not the same situation. Cincy is a good example, although I believe they had to do it out of necessity...also I think Mike Brown is a lucky SOB.

The Redskins can't go into the draft without a viable FA QB, otherwise they'd get murdered in an effort to trade up.
This. Plus, without a viable FA QB, the chances are increased that another QB hungry team will leapfrog us because they will know that we are desperate for a QB. Having a viable FA QB on the roster already makes us harder to figure out on draft day.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #785
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,020
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I have been suffering from a reoccuring back injury. Anyway anyone can give me some help.
I haven't examined you nor do I have an M.D. but I can confidently say that there is no hope for you.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #786
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Mike Mayock said yesterday that if he's the Rams, he'd be ecstatic if the Browns gave up the 27th pick to move up two spots for RG3. Think about what the Rams are asking for. A one, a two, and a three to move down four spots. Yet, if their best offer was two firsts? They'd do that in a heartbeat.

My thing is this: if you are the Browns, why would you give up a first round pick to go up two spots even if you love RG3. No team can really make a better offer than the Browns first and second rounders, because the Browns have the draft position that the Rams want the most.

I think the Browns are just going to let the board come to them. And the Rams aren't going to be able to get any additional value on the second overall pick. They are going to be stuck with it.

At the end of the day, I think the 2013 first rounder is plenty enough to go as high in the draft as you need to go. I don't think you can get Luck or even get close to Luck at that price. But that gives you your pick of RG3/Blackmon/Kalil. Which is what the Redskins need the most.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #787
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I have been suffering from a reoccuring back injury. Anyway anyone can give me some help.
the icy hot jacket as worn by kurt russell in death proof should help
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #788
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I haven't examined you nor do I have an M.D. but I can confidently say that there is no hope for you.
But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #789
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Carolina had the first overall pick, not the same situation. Cincy is a good example, although I believe they had to do it out of necessity...also I think Mike Brown is a lucky SOB.

The Redskins can't go into the draft without a viable FA QB, otherwise they'd get murdered in an effort to trade up.
Actually the situation that bodes best for us comes if the Browns sign Matt Flynn and the Dolphins sign Peyton Manning. That would take our two biggest competitors out of the equation. The last remaining threat would be Seattle who would either give up a ton of picks or select some random QB earlier then expected.

However the more likely situation is the Dolphins sign Matt Flynn and the Browns go into the draft looking for a QB.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #790
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
the icy hot jacket as worn by kurt russell in death proof should help
I'm no doctor but I do believe you need a 1969 Dodge Charger to make it work correctly.
mooby is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #791
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm no doctor but I do believe you need a 1969 Dodge Charger to make it work correctly.
Do you think a 69 Ford Mustang Mach 1 429 Cobra Jet would work? I got one of those!!
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #792
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Mike Mayock said yesterday that if he's the Rams, he'd be ecstatic if the Browns gave up the 27th pick to move up two spots for RG3. Think about what the Rams are asking for. A one, a two, and a three to move down four spots. Yet, if their best offer was two firsts? They'd do that in a heartbeat.

My thing is this: if you are the Browns, why would you give up a first round pick to go up two spots even if you love RG3. No team can really make a better offer than the Browns first and second rounders, because the Browns have the draft position that the Rams want the most.

I think the Browns are just going to let the board come to them. And the Rams aren't going to be able to get any additional value on the second overall pick. They are going to be stuck with it.

At the end of the day, I think the 2013 first rounder is plenty enough to go as high in the draft as you need to go. I don't think you can get Luck or even get close to Luck at that price. But that gives you your pick of RG3/Blackmon/Kalil. Which is what the Redskins need the most.
McShay speculates that it would take a 1st, 2nd, and 4th for the Redskins to move up to #2.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #793
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Do you think a 69 Ford Mustang Mach 1 429 Cobra Jet would work? I got one of those!!
as long as you've death proofed it
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #794
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Actually the situation that bodes best for us comes if the Browns sign Matt Flynn and the Dolphins sign Peyton Manning. That would take our two biggest competitors out of the equation. The last remaining threat would be Seattle who would either give up a ton of picks or select some random QB earlier then expected.

However the more likely situation is the Dolphins sign Matt Flynn and the Browns go into the draft looking for a QB.
You dont think the Browns can sign a FA like Flynn and pick up RG3 as well?
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #795
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
McShay speculates that it would take a 1st, 2nd, and 4th for the Redskins to move up to #2.
Just this year's first or is that first next year's in addition to this years' first? If just this year's 1st, 2nd, and 4th was required to move up to 2 I'd do it.
mooby is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28596 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25