Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: If you had to choose between the two...
Sign Peyton Manning 43 32.82%
Trade up for RGIII 88 67.18%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #1051
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Give me Manning in FA, if not then PLEASE RGIII
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  

Advertisements
Old 02-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #1052
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,082
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

I just FA and the draft to hurry up and get here.
redskins5044 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #1053
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Hoyer wasn't drafted 30gut.
Quite right, I was writing that post from memory so thank you for the correction, Hoyer was not drafted he was signed as an UDFA.
But, do see the larger point of the post?
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #1054
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffle View Post
Wow. They drafted someone to take his place when he leaves? Heavens, that must mean he's terrible.

So they drafted Mallett to replace Hoyer. They knew that they're going to trade Hoyer last year? There are so many teams wanting Hoyer that they knew that they could get a Eagle type deal in 2012? Im sorry I think we are the only site who event mentiones this guy as an option.

I also just don't think that Shannahan is going to stake his legacy and his job on an unproven player that he saw visiting Patriots camp for three days. If he is picking an unproven guy it's going to be someone he can draft and mold from day one. The stakes are too high... local media has roasted Shanny for the Grossman, Beck, McNabb fiasco. I just don't see it.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #1055
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
So they drafted Mallett to replace Hoyer. They knew that they're going to trade Hoyer last year? There are so many teams wanting Hoyer that they knew that they could get a Eagle type deal in 2012? Im sorry I think we are the only site who event mentiones this guy as an option.

I also just don't think that Shannahan is going to stake his legacy and his job on an unproven player that he saw visiting Patriots camp for three days. If he is picking an unproven guy it's going to be someone he can draft and mold from day one. The stakes are too high... local media has roasted Shanny for the Grossman, Beck, McNabb fiasco. I just don't see it.
thank u.. Lets please end the Hoyer talk I'd rather have Sanchez
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #1056
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,094
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

I definitely see where your coming from. I'm just tired of losing 21 years since our last SB appearance. I was 2. Couldn't get Bradford, McNabb failed, Locker was stolen. Now is the time to risk it for your QB. I still blame Matt Barkley though.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #1057
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I definitely see where your coming from. I'm just tired of losing 21 years since our last SB appearance. I was 2. Couldn't get Bradford, McNabb failed, Locker was stolen. Now is the time to risk it for your QB. I still blame Matt Barkley though.

We are in the same boat ALWAYS LOSERS
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #1058
Special Teams
 
biffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 137
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
So they drafted Mallett to replace Hoyer. They knew that they're going to trade Hoyer last year? There are so many teams wanting Hoyer that they knew that they could get a Eagle type deal in 2012? Im sorry I think we are the only site who event mentiones this guy as an option.

I also just don't think that Shannahan is going to stake his legacy and his job on an unproven player that he saw visiting Patriots camp for three days. If he is picking an unproven guy it's going to be someone he can draft and mold from day one. The stakes are too high... local media has roasted Shanny for the Grossman, Beck, McNabb fiasco. I just don't see it.
This is far from the only site that mentions him. He's come up multiple times for starters. And yes, they knew he would be an RFA this year and an UFA next. Not that any of that matters, they draft for value with all their picks and saw good value in Mallet.

They kept him as the only back-up for Tom Brady for two years, Hoyer's first two years in the league. Heading into his third year they drafted another QB to be the third stringer. Now they are debating whether to put a 1st or 2nd round tender on Hoyer as an RFA. If you look at that situation and see some kind of indictment of Hoyer's abilites from the Patriots, I would suggest you need to have your brainwaves reset somehow.
biffle is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #1059
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I definitely see where your coming from. I'm just tired of losing 21 years since our last SB appearance. I was 2. Couldn't get Bradford, McNabb failed, Locker was stolen. Now is the time to risk it for your QB. I still blame Matt Barkley though.
I hear yah bro.
We all want a 'franchise' QB but there are many ways to get one.
But no matter how we get the QB we have to be able to support their development until they can support the team.
And I think where this team has failed over and over again is not having the right pieces in place to support a young potential 'franchise' QB.
We have to admit that we've been a bad team/franchise for quite some time.
And imo a bad franchise cannot produce a 'franchise' QB.
However I think the proper peices are in place now.
That's why I wish that we would have drafted our QB of the future last year.
And its why I root against almost every QB that was drafted after Locker because everyone of those QBs could have been our QB.
Blaine Gabbert's rookie struggles have saved this franchise from having to answer some tough questions.
I just hope we fix our QB situation before Blaine turns the corner.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #1060
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffle View Post
They kept him as the only back-up for Tom Brady for two years, Hoyer's first two years in the league. Heading into his third year they drafted another QB to be the third stringer. Now they are debating whether to put a 1st or 2nd round tender on Hoyer as an RFA. If you look at that situation and see some kind of indictment of Hoyer's abilites from the Patriots, I would suggest you need to have your brainwaves reset somehow.
LOL...OK
Patriots are not the end all- be all to evaluating talent. If I remember correctly they LOST the Superbowl and haven't one a Superbowl since the whose spy gate thing.

I think MS and BA have made the necessary steps to stregthen/ empower our scouting department. I know they will make the right decision in regards to the roster. I will be very suprised is Hoyer is that decision.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #1061
Special Teams
 
biffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 137
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
LOL...OK
Patriots are not the end all- be all to evaluating talent. If I remember correctly they LOST the Superbowl and haven't one a Superbowl since the whose spy gate thing.

I think MS and BA have made the necessary steps to stregthen/ empower our scouting department. I know they will make the right decision in regards to the roster. I will be very suprised is Hoyer is that decision.
Which has what to do with your rather ridiculous statement that drafting Mallett meant that he "hadn't shown enough" to the Patriots?
biffle is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #1062
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It won't be as steep as trading up to 1 or 2
It will probably cost about the same as trading up to two.

But you're going from 39th to 11th (if you're targeting Tannehill, and not longest remaining of Tannehill/Foles/Cousins/Osweiler), it's going to cost you next year's first and probably the 3rd or 4th rounder as well.

But you're also (theoretically) getting an elite NFL talent with the 6th pick, and if you don't think Tannehill is just as good as Jay Cutler was in 2006, you shouldn't be trading to get him in the top half of the first round anyway. It, ultimately, would be more expensive to do it that way than to target RG3, but assuming the 6th overall pick is what you think you are getting, you're improving your team by a lot more in that example.

It would be like if instead of trading up for Mark Sanchez in 2009 and sticking with Kevin Barnes in the third round, we chose to add Malcolm Jenkins and Josh Freeman. Although in both situations, we would have given up the opportunity to draft both Brian Orakpo and Trent Williams.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Last edited by GTripp0012; 02-18-2012 at 10:52 PM.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #1063
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,661
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

I swear it's like some of you don't want to draft a QB until we have 5 all-pro offensive lineman (all home grown draft picks of course), a 1,000 yard rusher, a pro bowl receiver, and a pro bowl Tight End. Or you want to draft a QB but God forbid we go after one of the guys that has a good chance of being successful. No we'd rather go after a Jason Campbell or a Patrick Ramsey level prospect and we all know how much everyone loved him during his time here.

Building the perfect team sans QB only works in a Brett Favre situation like Minnesota a couple of years ago. Where all the parts are there and the veteran QB just steps in and helps the team compete for a Super Bowl. With a rookie QB you need enough pieces in place to prevent him from getting killed but not so much that the team isn't going to be together by the time you're ready to compete for a Super Bowl.

And what are we really giving up with packaging draft picks to move up? The next Laron Landry? Brian Orakpo is struggling to get to double digit sacks. Ryan Kerrigan is good but he isn't a game changer. Why are we so damn attached to our first round picks? Rocky McIntosh? Devin Thomas? Malcolm Kelly? How many of our high draft picks have kept us out of the cellar?

I know we need to draft and build a core but this captain check down draft strategy is not going to do squat when it comes to winning a freaking Super Bowl. Something the Giants have won twice since 2007.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 02-18-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #1064
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I swear it's like some of you don't want to draft a QB until we have 5 all-pro offensive lineman (all home grown draft picks of course), a 1,000 yard rusher, a pro bowl receiver, and a pro bowl Tight End. Or you want to draft a QB but God forbid we go after one of the guys that has a good chance of being successful. No we'd rather go after a Jason Campbell or a Patrick Ramsey level prospect and we all know how much everyone loved him during his time here.

Building the perfect team sans QB only works in a Brett Favre situation like Minnesota a couple of years ago. Where all the parts are there and the veteran QB just steps in and helps the team compete for a Super Bowl. With a rookie QB you need enough pieces in place to prevent him from getting killed but not so much that the team isn't going to be together by the time you're ready to compete for a Super Bowl.

And what are we really giving up with packaging draft picks to move up? The next Laron Landry? Brian Orakpo is struggling to get to double digit sacks. Ryan Kerrigan is good but he isn't a game changer. Why are we so damn attached to our first round picks? Rocky McIntosh? Devin Thomas? Malcolm Kelly? How many of our high draft picks have kept us out of the cellar?

I know we need to draft and build a core but this captain check down draft strategy is not going to do squat when it comes to winning a freaking Super Bowl. Something the Giants have won twice since 2007.
Clay Matthews career sacks: 29.5
Brian Orakpo career sacks: 28.5

Who do you want to be your quarterback?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Last edited by GTripp0012; 02-18-2012 at 10:57 PM.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #1065
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,661
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Clay Matthews career sacks: 29.5
Brian Orakpo career sacks: 28.5

Who do you want to be your quarterback?
Tim Tebow...who else?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31522 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25