Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: If you had to choose between the two...
Sign Peyton Manning 43 32.82%
Trade up for RGIII 88 67.18%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #1066
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Tim Tebow...who else?
Just wait a year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #1067
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffle View Post
Which has what to do with your rather ridiculous statement that drafting Mallett meant that he "hadn't shown enough" to the Patriots?

At the end of the day having Hoyer on the roster didn't stop them from drafting Mallett. I'll eat my words when Hoyer is the next Aaron Rogers and in a Redskins uniform. I'm not going to hold my breath
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #1068
Special Teams
 
biffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 137
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
At the end of the day having Hoyer on the roster didn't stop them from drafting Mallett. I'll eat my words when Hoyer is the next Aaron Rogers and in a Redskins uniform. I'm not going to hold my breath
So, you made a stupid comment, and when confronted with the facts, you tried misdirection and nonsense rather than admit how wrong your comment was. How wonderful.
biffle is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #1069
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,521
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Just wait a year.
Nah, in all seriousness RGIII. And for him I'm more then willing to do the Eli trade. I saw how effective the running game in Atlanta was off bootlegs with Michael Vick, running lanes wide open and not because of blocking but fear of the QB hitting the edge and breaking off a big game leaving Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett looking like pro bowl backs.

I can only imagine how that would work here in Washington, especially considering the fact that RGIII won't need 10 years and a prison term to learn how to pass in the NFL.

Andrew Luck would be great but we would have to hit on a lot more then two or three draft picks to equal the impact someone like RGIII will bring to this franchise for the next decade.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 02-18-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #1070
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffle View Post
So, you made a stupid comment, and when confronted with the facts, you tried misdirection and nonsense rather than admit how wrong your comment was. How wonderful.
What facts?

That Hoyer has been in the league for 3 years thrown 43 passes for 286 yards and 1 touchdown. That only goes to further prove my point.

Dude are you his cousin?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #1071
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,521
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
It's all hypothetical. No one knows how high Tannehill will go. If the estimations are correct and he's valued as a mid-first round pick, then it would cost relatively less to pull off that trade than one at the top of the draft.
He will either go to Seattle or he will fall hard.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #1072
Special Teams
 
biffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 137
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
What facts?

That Hoyer has been in the league for 3 years thrown 43 passes for 286 yards and 1 touchdown. That only goes to further prove my point.

Dude are you his cousin?
Jesus dude, give it up. The only thing more idiotic than your original "point" is the idiotic way you've tried to defend it.
biffle is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #1073
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Nah, in all seriousness RGIII. And for him I'm more then willing to do the Eli trade. I saw how effective the running game in Atlanta was off bootlegs with Michael Vick, running lanes wide open and not because of blocking but fear of the QB hitting the edge and breaking off a big game leaving Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett looking like pro bowl backs.

I can only imagine how that would work here in Washington, especially considering the fact that RGIII won't need 10 years and a prison term to learn how to pass in the NFL.

Andrew Luck would be great but we would have to hit on a lot more then two or three draft picks to equal the impact someone like RGIII will bring to this franchise for the next decade.
I couldn't agree more! I believe that RGIII will have the same effect on our rushing offense.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #1074
Special Teams
 
biffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 137
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
He will either go to Seattle or he will fall hard.
Not necessarily. Another team could trade up for him. Denver or Cleveland (with their second 1st) could be in the market for him.
biffle is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #1075
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Nah, in all seriousness RGIII. And for him I'm more then willing to do the Eli trade. I saw how effective the running game in Atlanta was off bootlegs with Michael Vick, running lanes wide open and not because of blocking but fear of the QB hitting the edge and breaking off a big game leaving Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett looking like pro bowl backs.

I can only imagine how that would work here in Washington, especially considering the fact that RGIII won't need 10 years to learn how to pass in the NFL.

Andrew Luck would be great but we would have to hit on a lot more then two or three draft picks to equal the impact someone like RGIII will bring to this franchise for the next decade.
I understand that Griffin is going to go a lot higher in the draft, but I have a hard time rectifying that with not wanting to grab a Jason Campbell or Patrick Ramsey level prospect, because while Griffin is exciting and everything and a Heisman winner, Campbell and Ramsey were really highly regarded as well coming out. I mean, not Andrew Luck regarded (I was anticipating you responding with Luck), but nothing that's being said about Griffin's upside now hasn't been said about past QB prospects drafted by the Redskins in the first round. I promise you that the need to change the QB every year is not for lack of trying to find a long term solution.

I think the Griffin hype is very justified, and he adds the element of the highlight reel play (which Campbell and Ramsey were never going to give you), but at the end of the day, drafting a first round quarterback who isn't the consensus no. 1 QB in the draft is the same road the Redskins have been on.

A proposition to give up multiple drafts and get Andrew Luck? Now that would be a change in organizational philosophy from the past -- aside from being nearly impossible to execute.

***

Out of curiosity, do you think the Redskins would be better off today if they had beaten the Bears' price to get Cutler? No Orakpo, no Trent Williams, maybe no Kerrigan, and you'd have a quarterback who is somewhere between the tenth and twentieth best player at his profession in the world. But on the plus side, you would have saved the picks that went into the McNabb trade, and might have made the postseason in 2010? Although that last part might be wishful thinking.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #1076
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffle View Post
Jesus dude, give it up. The only thing more idiotic than your original "point" is the idiotic way you've tried to defend it.
You sound real bitter bro... I have not insulted your intelligence or done anything more than ask you to back your theory on Hoyer. Other than he plays for the Patriots there is no arguement as to why we should aquire him. I DO NOT want the Redskins to get caught in the same trap as the Chiefs. I want us to go in different direction either with PM or RGIII.

Respect that and move on. Stop being a Troll.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #1077
Special Teams
 
biffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 137
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
You sound real bitter bro... I have not insulted your intelligence or done anything more than ask you to back your theory on Hoyer. Other than he plays for the Patriots there is no arguement as to why we should aquire him. I DO NOT want the Redskins to get caught in the same trap as the Chiefs. I want us to go in different direction either with PM or RGIII.

Respect that and move on. Stop being a Troll.
Not bitter and not a troll.

You made the ridiculous "point" about Mallett being drafted proving something about Hoyer's ability. When it's pointed out that they felt enough of him to keep him as the only back-up to Brady for two years and only drafted Mallett to replace him after he's a FA, you then question the Pats' competence because they lost SB and haven't won one in 7 years. Not only is that a pathetic argument, but it completely contradicts the "logic" of the first one, as that was entirely based on the Patriots' judgement meaning something. Since then, you've thrown out several comments that have absolutely nothing to do with what you started and then even fell back into "well, they drafted Mallett" again.

Don't post anything if you can't handle people pointing out when you're wrong. And if you're going to refuse to admit it and then fling out misdirection and contradictory statements to deflect from it, you better be able to deal with people questioning you, if not your intelligence itself.
biffle is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #1078
Registered User
 
Pigskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 537
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Guys relax, in a honesty it doesn't matter what we want, MS will get the Qb he wants and as skins fans we will rally and love the decision regardless
Pigskins is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #1079
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,521
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskins View Post
Guys relax, in a honesty it doesn't matter what we want, MS will get the Qb he wants and as skins fans we will rally and love the decision regardless
We did that last year. The result was Rex Grossman and John Beck. We also did it the year before. The result was Donovan McNabb.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #1080
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,521
Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffle View Post
Not necessarily. Another team could trade up for him. Denver or Cleveland (with their second 1st) could be in the market for him.
Good point. I forgot Cleveland at 22.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30324 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25