Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #316
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Why?
One word: miami!
CultBrennan59 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #317
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,470
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

OK..........but how bout' Wheaton?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #318
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,959
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
OK..........but how bout' Wheaton?
Will?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is online now  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #319
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

The only one I would see going #6 would be Tannehill, and I think even that is a stretch.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #320
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
?

Look folks. "IF" the Browns are infatuated as some say with RGIII and they really want him... they are going to get him. Right now they are in talks with the Rams, but lets say the Rams are like "no, we want to draft a OL to protect Bradford", fine then the Browns are going to start talking to the Vikings because they are not going to let the Skins jump ahead of them and take RGIII.

The Browns have the most ammo, the Browns will trade with whoever in order to get RGIII (if they want him) in order to keep us from getting him instead of them. I'm sure in the perfect world they too would love for him to fall to their draft pick, but he won't and they too are worried we will step up and make a play with the Rams so you might as well figure they will make a better offer to the Rams.

I just don't see RGIII falling to #3 or beyond. If the Rams don't want him then they are going to go out and get the best deal they can get whether it's with the Browns, Skins, or Dolphins or any other team for that matter. The Browns just have the most ammo right now.

My terrible Mock:
1- Colts-Luck
2- Browns- RGIII
3- Vikes- Blackmon
4- Bucks- Claiborne
5- Rams- Kalil
6- Skins- Weeden

I know this is not everyone idea and not mine either but I believe if we don't take him at #6 and trade back which is what I want ... I'm affraid Miami will take him. I think they are interested in Weeden also.
there is no way the skins draft Weeden there.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #321
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,959
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
My terrible Mock:
1- Colts-Luck
2- Browns- RGIII
3- Vikes- Blackmon
4- Bucks- Claiborne
5- Rams- Kalil
6- Skins- Weeden

I know this is not everyone idea and not mine either but I believe if we don't take him at #6 and trade back which is what I want ... I'm affraid Miami will take him. I think they are interested in Weeden also.
Weeden will be fortunate to be picked at 26, no way he's going at #6. Would the Rams trade down twice, how are they getting to 5? Vikes will take Khalil over Blackmon, LT is a bigger need for them than WR. If we are at 6 with all of those players off the board, I could see (in a major reach) Tannehill at this spot or a trade down. We really don't need to stockpile picks again this year, not with 10 2011 draftees expected on the 2012 roster.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is online now  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #322
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,218
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
My terrible Mock:
1- Colts-Luck
2- Browns- RGIII
3- Vikes- Blackmon
4- Bucks- Claiborne
5- Rams- Kalil
6- Skins- Weeden

Don't quit your day job because you suck at mock drafting.

1) How would the Rams end up at #5 if they traded with the Browns at #4?

2) Kalil not in the top 4?....lol

3) Weeden at #6? Are you friends with Fred Davis and Trent Williams by chance? Smoke buddies perhaps?


__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #323
Impact Rookie
 
Duffman003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 592
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Does anyone have the chart of the value of each draft pick for trading? I assume it's changed since the new CBA and made the top 5 draft choices a lot more valuable.
__________________
give me food, feed me lunch
'you want water?', B#### give me punch - D12
Duffman003 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #324
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

I could see Kalil and another LT being taken in the top 5.

This could end up being one of those drafts like a couple of years ago. It was the year we drafted Rak, were we saw a couple of teams reach for Oline because there was a run on the top OL guys. There is really good talent at the G and T posisitons this year.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #325
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,968
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
The only one I would see going #6 would be Tannehill, and I think even that is a stretch.
How about

1. Colts-Luck
2. Rams-Kalil
3. Dolphins (trade with Vikings)-RG3
4. Browns-Blackmon
5. Bucs-Richardson
6. Vikings (trade with Redskins)-Claiborne
7. Jaguars-Ingram
8. Redskins-Tannehill
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #326
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How about

1. Colts-Luck
2. Rams-Kalil
3. Dolphins (trade with Vikings)-RG3
4. Browns-Blackmon
5. Bucs-Richardson
6. Vikings (trade with Redskins)-Claiborne
7. Jaguars-Ingram
8. Redskins-Tannehill
Not my 1st choice but not bad as long as we have also signed Manning.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #327
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How about

1. Colts-Luck
2. Rams-Kalil
3. Dolphins (trade with Vikings)-RG3
4. Browns-Blackmon
5. Bucs-Richardson
6. Vikings (trade with Redskins)-Claiborne
7. Jaguars-Ingram
8. Redskins-Tannehill
I would be just fine with that I believe.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #328
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
?

Look folks. "IF" the Browns are infatuated as some say with RGIII and they really want him... they are going to get him. Right now they are in talks with the Rams, but lets say the Rams are like "no, we want to draft a OL to protect Bradford", fine then the Browns are going to start talking to the Vikings because they are not going to let the Skins jump ahead of them and take RGIII.

The Browns have the most ammo, the Browns will trade with whoever in order to get RGIII (if they want him) in order to keep us from getting him instead of them. I'm sure in the perfect world they too would love for him to fall to their draft pick, but he won't and they too are worried we will step up and make a play with the Rams so you might as well figure they will make a better offer to the Rams.

I just don't see RGIII falling to #3 or beyond. If the Rams don't want him then they are going to go out and get the best deal they can get whether it's with the Browns, Skins, or Dolphins or any other team for that matter. The Browns just have the most ammo right now.

My terrible Mock:
1- Colts-Luck
2- Browns- RGIII
3- Vikes- Blackmon
4- Bucks- Claiborne
5- Rams- Kalil
6- Skins- Weeden

I know this is not everyone idea and not mine either but I believe if we don't take him at #6 and trade back which is what I want ... I'm affraid Miami will take him. I think they are interested in Weeden also.
If this happens I am going to need a new TV followed by a trip to the emergency room...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #329
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,968
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

This is what I've been trying to get at when I say I don't believe the gap between RG3 and Tannehill is huge

At QB, it's a matter of value - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Quote:
Most say it will cost this year’s first- and second-round picks and next year’s first, and perhaps more, to move up to draft Griffin. Instead of the Redskins making that move they could take Tannehill with their own pick, the sixth overall.

So, it’s not a matter of Griffin vs. Tannehill. It’s Griffin v. Tannehill plus whoever the Redskins could get in the second round this year plus the player they could get in the first round next year
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #330
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
This is what I've been trying to get at when I say I don't believe the gap between RG3 and Tannehill is huge

At QB, it's a matter of value - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins
True but if RG3 is a franchise QB and Tannehill is something less then that it won't really matter that you also got a couple other good players. Over the next 10 years the extra cost is marginal...what's important is that they get the QB they believe is the better one. If in their evaluation the grades are very similar then picking Tannehill and keeping the extra picks is the right move.

Basically, I don't want to hear that we got our 3rd favorite QB but look at this lineman we got. No more settling. Franchise QB trumps all other needs...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33439 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25