Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mel Kiper's Top 25 NFL prospects | Jan. 31

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
IMO, for most players its all about the system taht you go in and how you fit into it. So often players thrive or fail becuase of the team they play for. How good can Payton Manning make a receiver look? or the broncos blockign scheme? running behind the chiefs oline?
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #17
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,210
What about the guy out of WVU - Pacman Jones? He has him ranked pretty high and I know nothing about him. Anyone seen him play?
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #18
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
What about the guy out of WVU - Pacman Jones? He has him ranked pretty high and I know nothing about him. Anyone seen him play?

I saw Pac-Man Jones play against UMD, and he looks like a good prospect. Good speed, has a knack for being around the ball, and he's a pretty good returner.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #19
Camp Scrub
 
Davnpurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bmore
Age: 33
Posts: 51
Adam "Pac-Man" Jones is grossly overrated. I distinctly remember watching UWV's final game and the in-game commentators saying something to the tune of "The coaching staff will sure be glad to see Jones leaving". Word out of Morristown is that he is a hot-head and has an incredbile & destructive ego. I think Kipper rated him this this high b/c of potential at both WR & KR/PR. But as Hubie Brown has shown us time & time again in the NBA draft, potential and "upside" don't always transfer onto the field.

I have a different scenerio that could work into our favor. The Ravens are currently sitting at the 22nd spot. They are in dire need of a play-making WR not named Taylor and I believe they will make a ploy for our 9th pick. In return we would receive their 22nd and their 2nd rounder. Leaving us w/ a 1st, (2) 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th.
Davnpurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:57 AM   #20
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davnpurt
Adam "Pac-Man" Jones is grossly overrated. I distinctly remember watching UWV's final game and the in-game commentators saying something to the tune of "The coaching staff will sure be glad to see Jones leaving". Word out of Morristown is that he is a hot-head and has an incredbile & destructive ego. I think Kipper rated him this this high b/c of potential at both WR & KR/PR. But as Hubie Brown has shown us time & time again in the NBA draft, potential and "upside" don't always transfer onto the field.

I have a different scenerio that could work into our favor. The Ravens are currently sitting at the 22nd spot. They are in dire need of a play-making WR not named Taylor and I believe they will make a ploy for our 9th pick. In return we would receive their 22nd and their 2nd rounder. Leaving us w/ a 1st, (2) 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th.
Davnpurt, I thought Pac-Man was a DB? Either a corner or safety. I could be wrong though.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:18 AM   #21
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,210
Davn: That would leave us with a low first, and a low second, for a high first. No thanks. If we trade down for a 2nd go no more than 5-8 spots.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #22
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Davn: That would leave us with a low first, and a low second, for a high first. No thanks. If we trade down for a 2nd go no more than 5-8 spots.

I agree. Move down to the teens and grab a 2nd rounder. That sounds more realistic.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #23
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Pac-Man is a DB, and a really good DB at that...he was the guy who had the daunting task of covering Kellen Winslow when Miami narrowly beat West Virginia in '03. I remember watching that game, and Jones did a great job covering him down the stretch...that was also the game that Winslow made what was quite possibly the catch of the year to keep Miami on the field and win the game.
See photos here, including the catch and one of Pac Man's plays against KW, and their jawing at each other

and not to sound condesending, but it's WVU, and Morgantown...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20811 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25