Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #241
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,027
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Shanny has been watching college QB tape since mid season. And just because the media was not spouting about him does not mean RG3 was not a prospect before this year.
To your point on the media that is exactly what it means
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 02-27-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #242
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,478
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I must say, while I think it is nice that RG3 ran such a good 40 time...in a way I don't know how that makes him more valuable. The guy is a QB...yes it is nice to have a fast QB and he'd become a double threat, but he is still a QB. Cam Newton ran a 4.6 40 and he is a double threat. In the end, I want RG3 to be a good passer and decision maker, which I am sure he can do. I just thing that people are too enamored with the 40 in this situation.
I'm with you on this. It kills me seeing some fans claim "LETS GET HIM" after seeing a fast 40 time. I'm like, are these the same guys calling Al Davis stupid? I could care less of a QB's 40 time. Like somebody mentioned, I'll take Brady, Mannings, Marino (and slew of others) 40 time over a fast QB without the passing skills.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #243
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,027
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Agree on the 1st and 3rd points

SS,I mean no disreapect to the Skins or yourself but I beleive the Browns have 2 #1's this year and I just beleive they will pony up more in the end.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #244
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,494
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm with you on this. It kills me seeing some fans claim "LETS GET HIM" after seeing a fast 40 time. I'm like, are these the same guys calling Al Davis stupid? I could care less of a QB's 40 time. Like somebody mentioned, I'll take Brady, Mannings, Marino (and slew of others) 40 time over a fast QB without the passing skills.
I tend to think that most who want RGIII wanted him before his 40 time. Al Davis would look at speed and set everything else aside. I don't think that's the case with RGIII. He would appear to have lots of tangible, and intangible, assets.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #245
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
wow...
gotta say, this ranks up there in the "I refuse to see it, because I don't want it" quotient.
aka, haters gonna hate
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #246
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
SS,I mean no disreapect to the Skins or yourself but I beleive the Browns have 2 #1's this year and I just beleive they will pony up more in the end.
No disrespect felt
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #247
Camp Scrub
 
Higskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metro area
Posts: 74
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
SS,I mean no disreapect to the Skins or yourself but I beleive the Browns have 2 #1's this year and I just beleive they will pony up more in the end.
Recent news on Robert Griffin III - College Player - Rotoworld.com

According to John Czarnecki of FOX Sports, the Rams have been getting "weird, uninterested signals" from the Browns on the possibility of trading up two spots to draft Baylor's Robert Griffin III.

Also at that link -
Demoff thinks the Rams are most likely to make a deal before the start of free agency
__________________
The future is now ~ George Allen
Higskin is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #248
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Reports: Browns cautious about potential Griffin trade | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #249
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,623
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

The fact that their signals are "weird" tells me they're definitely interested and want everyone to think otherwise. They're just bad at bluffing.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #250
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
The fact that their signals are "weird" tells me they're definitely interested and want everyone to think otherwise. They're just bad at bluffing.
So I guess that means the Skins really aren't interested at all.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #251
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,509
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
To your point on the media that is exactly what it means
Actually people have talked about RGIII for some time. However, he was hurt during the '10 season, thus putting a damper on the conversation. To imply that he is no more than a one-hit wonder, as you have, is not fully true.

Besides, how many good years did Cam Newton have at Auburn?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #252
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,509
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm with you on this. It kills me seeing some fans claim "LETS GET HIM" after seeing a fast 40 time. I'm like, are these the same guys calling Al Davis stupid? I could care less of a QB's 40 time. Like somebody mentioned, I'll take Brady, Mannings, Marino (and slew of others) 40 time over a fast QB without the passing skills.
It all depends on who you are talking about. Some people have been touting RGIII for some time. These folks are not wooed by his 40 time.

Others may be getting on the RGIII bandwagon today. For those folks, you are correct.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #253
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,478
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I tend to think that most who want RGIII wanted him before his 40 time. Al Davis would look at speed and set everything else aside. I don't think that's the case with RGIII. He would appear to have lots of tangible, and intangible, assets.
I wasn't alluding to him not having those skillsets mind you. I just thought it was funny that many said "go get him" after his 40 time. That's something you might would say for a RB/WR, but definitely not a QB. That's the last stat I'm concerned about. I agree completely about RGIII having a ton of tangible and intangible assets. He would no doubt be a #1 pick in most drafts.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #254
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Did anyone change their mind after his 40 time?

I didn't.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #255
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 624
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Now that is 40 time is nuts, we don't want him! He'll be the next Napoleon Kaufman or some other Al Davis first round insano pick
Evilgrin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29327 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25