Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #436
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I 100% believe so. Which is why I'm against throwing all those picks to get him when there is a possibility 7-8 picks could be turned into 12-16 picks that would help this team with its on going rebuild. With a good OL we would not have a need for a QB who has to run for his life or fails to go through his progressions because he gets impatient and runs.
Doubling picks? So everyone will come mostly from the 4th round and lower?
tryfuhl is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #437
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The best part about the NFL you really don't need to spend all this draft picks and you really don't need those types of QB's to get to and or win the SB. Curt Warner was no Luck, RGIII, or Cam Newton. Eli is a slow runner and Big Ben can't run to save his life. Drew Breese is borderline he sucked in San Diego which is why they got rid of him. And then ther is Andy Dalton. I guess this year we will get to see if he is good or an anomaly.

Folks you don't need an RGIII to win the SB just a half decent OL to protect him, a QB who can make all the throws, and some decent WR's who can catch a ball which we don't have other then Moss and Gaffney.
Perhaps you're forgetting that Warner played at an elite level for awhile... Eli played elite in the clutch at the very least.. and Brees is borderline what? Amazing?

So you're content with a hot year or two.. only to wonder what we have a couple of years later... if we will consider the next guy being worth giving up on our guy for? Like the Browns this year? Maybe the only team that had a hot decade without the same QB or equal next guy would be well, us... and people will always bring up the shortened seasons that brought us two trophies... and sure Rypien was good for the third.. but today he is best known for having a daughter in the lingerie football league...
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #438
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,146
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The best part about the NFL you really don't need to spend all this draft picks and you really don't need those types of QB's to get to and or win the SB. Curt Warner was no Luck, RGIII, or Cam Newton. Eli is a slow runner and Big Ben can't run to save his life. Drew Breese is borderline he sucked in San Diego which is why they got rid of him. And then ther is Andy Dalton. I guess this year we will get to see if he is good or an anomaly.

Folks you don't need an RGIII to win the SB just a half decent OL to protect him, a QB who can make all the throws, and some decent WR's who can catch a ball which we don't have other then Moss and Gaffney.
Big Ben is actually considered a mobile QB. In fact his mobility is a big part of the reason he had so much success early on.


Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger Scouting Report - Scouts, Inc.
Grade: 93 | Key

Comment: Roethlisberger is a big, strong-armed quarterback with above average athleticism. He has quick feet for his size and can slide and improvise to make effective throws downfield. He is the toughest quarterback in the league to get on the ground with great instincts to avoid pressure and natural body strength to break tackles. He has great vision and patience to find his second and third options but can be a bit of a gambler.
As for Drew Bees.
Quote:
Grade: 94 | Key

Comment: Brees is one of the most consistent passers in the league. He can make plays from the pocket and has the foot quickness and speed to extend the pocket to make plays from the perimeter. He has a great working knowledge of the passing game and excels when it comes to reading coverages and adjusting on the move. He knows how to game plan and sees possibilities as they develop. He brings a great combination of a physical skill set and intelligence to the table.
The one thing that most Super Bowl winning QB's share in this day and age is the ability to extend the play.

And while you may not need an RGIII to win a Super Bowl you still need an elite QB to compete year in and year out.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 02-28-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #439
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,710
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The best part about the NFL you really don't need to spend all this draft picks and you really don't need those types of QB's to get to and or win the SB. Curt Warner was no Luck, RGIII, or Cam Newton. Eli is a slow runner and Big Ben can't run to save his life. Drew Breese is borderline he sucked in San Diego which is why they got rid of him. And then ther is Andy Dalton. I guess this year we will get to see if he is good or an anomaly.



Folks you don't need an RGIII to win the SB just a half decent OL to protect him, a QB who can make all the throws, and some decent WR's who can catch a ball which we don't have other then Moss and Gaffney.
Curt Warner was a RB for Penn State in the early 80's. Brees didn't come anywhere near borderline sucking as you say.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #440
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I understand however I would rather see

QB- Tannehill, Weeden, Cousins
WR- draft
OL- draft

Along with FA
QB- Flynn or PM
WR- your pick but x2
OL- whoever we can entice. Maybe x2

His gives us a lot more talent and players to work with vs. just having 1 pick in 3 rounds and a couple WR's and an OL.
Are you saying you want those 3 QBs, or one of them in that order of preference?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #441
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,605
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Big Ben is actually considered a mobile QB. In fact his mobility is a big part of the reason he had so much success early on.




As for Drew Bees.


The one thing that most Super Bowl winning QB's share in this day and age is the ability to extend the play.

And while you may not need an RGIII to win a Super Bowl you still need an elite QB to compete year in and year out.

Big Ben is a huge freak who sheds tackles. I could be wrong, but I believe someone was trying to make the point that Brees and Big Ben weren't guys that teams weren't clamoring to trade up for. Brees was a second rounder and Eli and Rivers were taken before Ben. I believe the point is that there always seems to be a guy taken AFTER the big name can't miss guys who goes on to be great.

I'm not saying we don't make the move for RGIII. Just don't be surprised when someonel like Tannehill or Foles is lighting it up for a team who didn't have to go to extremes to get him. We're always grasping.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #442
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

McNabb being interviewed on 980 (Coach and Doc) in DC via M&M this morning says......Peyton is not coming to DC.
Well, I guess that's it...........NO PM in DC..
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #443
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,301
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
McNabb being interviewed on 980 (Coach and Doc) in DC via M&M this morning says......Peyton is not coming to DC.
Well, I guess that's it...........NO PM in DC..
What was their arguement for this?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #444
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,605
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
What was their arguement for this?
He basically said the Shannahans would need to tailor their whole Offense around Peyton and because they didn't do it for him, they wouldn't do it for Peyton. He doesn't realize he's not Peyton Manning, although he's probably right that they wouldn't let Peyton essentially run the show.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #445
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
What was their arguement for this?
McNabb makes it sound like his reasoning is that he already failed in DC, so no way would they try it again with Peyton. Which makes me LOL, because Peyton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McNabb.
mooby is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #446
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,878
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Current speculation (Omar Kelly wrote of it in the Sun-Sentinel today & John Clayton referenced it on Mike & Mike) is that the Rams would prefer to trade their #2 pick prior to the start of free agency in order to maximize value.

It makes a lot of sense because as opposed to most years when draft picks grow in value as the draft approaches, free agency can reduce the true number of suitors for RGIII depending on where Manning and Flynn end up. Clayton also said the Dolphins and Seahawks aren't realistically in it so it will come down to us and Cleveland.

Throw in the post-Combine weekend speculation that the Browns are unwilling to part with both #1 picks and that they are planning to go hard after Flynn the cards are laying out for a RGIII-Redskins marriage at some point soon.

From our standpoint, it would also be beneficial to make the move prior to free agency because we'd then know where we need to focus our resources. We can address WR, G and CB via free agency if we know the QB position will be addressed with the #2 pick.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #447
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Current speculation (Omar Kelly wrote of it in the Sun-Sentinel today & John Clayton referenced it on Mike & Mike) is that the Rams would prefer to trade their #2 pick prior to the start of free agency in order to maximize value.

It makes a lot of sense because as opposed to most years when draft picks grow in value as the draft approaches, free agency can reduce the true number of suitors for RGIII depending on where Manning and Flynn end up. Clayton also said the Dolphins and Seahawks aren't realistically in it so it will come down to us and Cleveland.

Throw in the post-Combine weekend speculation that the Browns are unwilling to part with both #1 picks and that they are planning to go hard after Flynn the cards are laying out for a RGIII-Redskins marriage at some point soon.

From our standpoint, it would also be beneficial to make the move prior to free agency because we'd then know where we need to focus our resources. We can address WR, G and CB via free agency if we know the QB position will be addressed with the #2 pick.
Great post. Pretty much lays it all out as to why we'll probably see a deal get done before FA starts, because it's beneficial to both sides. And if the Rams want Eli Manning type compensation for the #2 pick, I see no reason as to why we won't give it to them.
mooby is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #448
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,557
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Smoot, Matty, or anyone else who can answer this question- How would a deal be completed prior to FA? Is it that the deal can be completed and finalized on March 8th or 9th because the league year starts then, and FA signing does not begin till the 13th?

Are my dates and thinking correct as to when teams can start trading picks and players again?
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #449
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

RT“@NFLRT “@NealDriscoll The Rams trying to trade pick within 48 hours comes from Baltimore radio. I think they want to trade pick before Peyton becomes available””
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #450
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
RT“@NFLRT “@NealDriscoll The Rams trying to trade pick within 48 hours comes from Baltimore radio. I think they want to trade pick before Peyton becomes available””
They can do handshake deals all they want, but I don't think trades can officially be completed before a certain date next month. Not sure if it's the start of the league year or the start of FA.
mooby is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39243 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25