Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #691
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,831
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Mike Wise is pissing in our koolaid...

Robert Griffin III has Redskins, fans heading for a relapse - The Washington Post

I agree that maybe we are overhyping RG3 too much but come on. This line bugged me:

"Why not build up the offensive line, the receiving corps or find a shutdown corner and then go all-in for Barkley next year? He was thought to be a higher pick than RG III, after all, before he decided to return to Southern Cal."

You can make this argument every year! When do we finally get a QB????
I never heard Barkley ever being rated higher then RG3.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #692
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Have a hard time believing Cousins is the young QB they have been waiting 3 years to get their hands on. Seems like settling to me and I don't want them to settle.
Agreed. I don't mind getting Manning but getting him should not sidetrack us from also getting a stud developmental prospect for the long term. And to me Cousins is not a stud but rather is an NFL backup at best.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #693
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Mike Wise is pissing in our koolaid...

Robert Griffin III has Redskins, fans heading for a relapse - The Washington Post

I agree that maybe we are overhyping RG3 too much but come on. This line bugged me:

"Why not build up the offensive line, the receiving corps or find a shutdown corner and then go all-in for Barkley next year? He was thought to be a higher pick than RG III, after all, before he decided to return to Southern Cal."

You can make this argument every year! When do we finally get a QB????
The big problem I see, is we would be out of position to grab Barkley. The guy is mostly likely gonna go #1 and if we're in the mid teens for our pick, imagine the ammo we would need to move up. I think at 6 this year we're in a perfect position to grab an elite QB at near the top.
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!

Last edited by NM Redskin; 02-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.
NM Redskin is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #694
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Redskins have never been interested in Barkley anyway

RG3
Tannehill
Cousins

That appears to be the top 3 right now in order of rookie preference
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #695
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Mike Wise is pissing in our koolaid...

Robert Griffin III has Redskins, fans heading for a relapse - The Washington Post

I agree that maybe we are overhyping RG3 too much but come on. This line bugged me:

"Why not build up the offensive line, the receiving corps or find a shutdown corner and then go all-in for Barkley next year? He was thought to be a higher pick than RG III, after all, before he decided to return to Southern Cal."

You can make this argument every year! When do we finally get a QB????
I disagree with Wise for several reasons, most notably because his logic is self-defeating. If we build as he suggests then we perhaps draft in the teens next year. Then it will be much farther to trade up for Jones and Barkley than it is to trade up for Griffin now.

It's like waiting to buy a house because it is expensive now even though you know that the house's price will rise dramatically while you wait.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #696
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

dumbass Cerrato was just on espn talking about the 2nd overall pick and us taking it, he thinks rg3 will end up with the browns.
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #697
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Yeah, why would we get Barkley. We can't get Luck and in my heart I believe we will lose out to the Dam Browns, for RG3. And we have a full deck of draft picks. The problem is always teams that suck always need a QB.
T.O.Killa is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #698
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Redskins have never been interested in Barkley anyway

RG3
Tannehill
Cousins

That appears to be the top 3 right now in order of rookie preference
Love it! That's my preference order as well.

With the caveat that, if we can't get RG3, that we draft Tannehill & Cousins to hedge our bets (if possible).

I have a lot of faith in Cousins as a potential leader of a franchise. Impressive young man...and a Spartan.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #699
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Redskins have never been interested in Barkley anyway

RG3
Tannehill
Cousins

That appears to be the top 3 right now in order of rookie preference
It really bothers me that Tannehill hands were 9 inches. I went back the last three years and that was as small as a QB's hands get. I heard them saying that was Alex Smiths problem in the NFC championship game, was he had small hands and could not grip the ball. And guys with small hands tend to fumble. Are 9 inch hands a problem SS?
T.O.Killa is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #700
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

I'm no QB coach, what do I know about Tannehill's hands
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #701
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I disagree with Wise for several reasons, most notably because his logic is self-defeating. If we build as he suggests then we perhaps draft in the teens next year. Then it will be much farther to trade up for Jones and Barkley than it is to trade up for Griffin now.

It's like waiting to buy a house because it is expensive now even though you know that the house's price will rise dramatically while you wait.
While I think that we should keep trying to get in position for RG3 so long as we have the 6th pick, I will point out that Ryan Tannehill types are around in the middle of the first round every season.

There probably won't be the vast selection of first round quarterback options there is this year for quite awhile, but I don't necessarily think that picking in the middle of the round is an impediment to getting a good quarterback.

There probably won't be a Robert Griffin in the draft to be a foil to Matt Barkley though.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #702
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm no QB coach, what do I know about Tannehill's hands
Ask Dirtbag, he's a doctor.
CrazyCanuck is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #703
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
While I think that we should keep trying to get in position for RG3 so long as we have the 6th pick, I will point out that Ryan Tannehill types are around in the middle of the first round every season.

There probably won't be the vast selection of first round quarterback options there is this year for quite awhile, but I don't necessarily think that picking in the middle of the round is an impediment to getting a good quarterback.

There probably won't be a Robert Griffin in the draft to be a foil to Matt Barkley though.
I essentially agree. But the author of the article mentioned Barkley and Jones specifically so I was just taking his presumptions to their logical ends.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #704
Special Teams
 
whistler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 129
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I disagree with Wise for several reasons, most notably because his logic is self-defeating. If we build as he suggests then we perhaps draft in the teens next year. Then it will be much farther to trade up for Jones and Barkley than it is to trade up for Griffin now.

It's like waiting to buy a house because it is expensive now even though you know that the house's price will rise dramatically while you wait.
Stay away from Barkley, name a USC qb that has made a difference with any team... and please don't say Palmer (when did he win a playoff game?). USC always has talent all over the field and the qb is just a placholder and game-manager.

Tannehill is not a franchise qb. If his head coach doesn't make a play for him in Miami (OC) that should tell you everything. Small hands make a big difference(i.e. Rex Grossman).
whistler is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #705
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Just Heard Sam Huff on XM, sounded senile, and probably got himself fired. Trashed the coaches and said the reason we are not good is not QB its running back. And said nothing compares to playing for the Giants.

Last edited by T.O.Killa; 02-29-2012 at 05:18 PM.
T.O.Killa is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28498 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25