Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 02:49 AM   #781
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
...need I say more?
Do you wish to?

Thoughts on pie? Quarterbacks? Anything?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #782
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
No, they don't.

I actually don't know how valid the argument is (it certainly seems a lot sounder than your Tannehill argument), but I can tell you that as you have presented it, it is a false statement. At least one of the players in your example has never been to a combine. Which tells me you didn't look any of this up (or you would have known that). Which tells me you don't really know, you just suspect Luck's combine numbers aren't measurably different from some black quarterbacks in last year's draft (plus Jake Locker).

It's possible I missed Locker as a great athlete at quarterback from a past draft. He's kind of forgettable, so you'll have to forgive me.

I did notice you didn't retract the statement you made before. Would it be wrong of me to assume you continue to stand by it?
Its amusing how instead of simply supporting your own assertion with the combine numbers that are readily available you fall back into your argumentative quibbles in lieu of proof.

Naturally you're gonna quibble over a contention I didn't make i.e that Pryor was at the combine; instead of simply proving your won contention.

I'm sure you're well aware that the combine measurables are repeated at the school pro days and NFL try outs but of in our haste to change the subject you probably overlooked that.
You've also added a racial component and a throwaway statement about Locker, still you haven't made one attempt to support your statement.

Let me help you: 2011 Class
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage - Powered by the Sports Xchange

2012 Class
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage - Powered by the Sports Xchange
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole

Last edited by 30gut; 03-01-2012 at 03:02 AM.
30gut is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #783
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Do you wish to?

Thoughts on pie? Quarterbacks? Anything?
Mmmmmmmmmmm pie...

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #784
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,226
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Do you wish to?



Thoughts on pie? Quarterbacks? Anything?
Pie? Cheesecake (Don't care what you say it's a pie) Quarterbacks? Robert Griffin III Anything? Why do fast food places give you water in a 4oz cup and fill it 90% with ice?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #785
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Pie? Cheesecake (Don't care what you say it's a pie) Quarterbacks? Robert Griffin III Anything? Why do fast food places give you water in a 4oz cup and fill it 90% with ice?
Beggars can't be choosers?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #786
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,226
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Beggars can't be choosers?
Then why charge me a quarter for it but I can get a cup of ice for free? It's that kind of oxymoronic hypocrisy that allowes me to chuck the dine in tray in the garbage when I leave along with 50 napkins that I didn't use. Yessir, I'm a rebel.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #787
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

2012 NFL Combine: QB

2011 NFL Combine: QB

----------------------------------40 Yard Vertical Shuttle Cone Broad Jump
Andrew Luck Stanford-----------------------4.67 - 36.0 4.28 6.80 10'4

Blaine Gabbert Missouri----------------------4.62 33.5 4.26 6.84 10'0
Jake Locker Washington--------------------4.59 35 4.12 6.77 10'0
Josh Portis California (PA)------------------4.62 40 4.12 6.84 10'6
Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech-----------------4.51 37.5 4.09 6.78 10'6
Colin Kaepernick Nevada------------------4.53 32.5 4.18 6.85 9'7
Cam Newton Auburn ---------------------4.59 - 35 4.18 6.92 10'6
Christian Ponder Florida State------------4.65 34 4.09 6.85 9'8
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole

Last edited by 30gut; 03-01-2012 at 03:13 AM.
30gut is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #788
Impact Rookie
 
DCtoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 33
Posts: 623
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

53 pages later i'm still shaking my head .. Orakpo trade .. REALLY .. look I want RGIII just as bad as everyone else but shipping off our YOUNG PRO BOWL BAD ASS LB opposite our other YOUNG PRO BOWL BAD ASS LB doesn't sound like something that makes any sense. Trade the picks ... this year's #1., #2., 2013 #1, 2014#1 .. then figure out a way to get back into the 1st round in 2014.
__________________
"F*CK THE DALLAS JUMBOTRON"
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #789
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Its amusing how instead of simply supporting your own assertion with the combine numbers that are readily available you fall back into your argumentative quibbles in lieu of proof.

Naturally you're gonna quibble over a contention I didn't make i.e that Pryor was at the combine; instead of simply proving your won contention.

I'm sure you're well aware that the combine measurables are repeated at the school pro days and NFL try outs but of in our haste to change the subject you probably overlooked that.
You've also added a racial component and a throwaway statement about Locker, still you haven't made one attempt to support your statement.

Let me help you: 2011 Class
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage - Powered by the Sports Xchange

2012 Class
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage - Powered by the Sports Xchange
Racial component retracted, on the grounds of being not necessary to the argument.

Here's the big conclusion: the burden of proof to prove your original statement
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
But, I guess I should expect this from you since for whatever reason you cannot admit that Tannehill is a better athlete then Luck.
(and the less controversial belief that caused you to make it) remains on you, and it also remains (to this moment) indefensible. I think Luck's combine numbers are an excellent piece of evidence that you've vastly underrated his athleticism in this comparison. You've chosen to focus on how strong the evidence is, rather than the fact that the opinion it's supporting is the important thing.

This is not a court of law, and Andrew Luck is everything I have suggested he is. Your best argument remains "I disagree." Except here's the thing: you don't disagree. You agree with me. You just think you're justified to put Tannehill in his tier. And by your own extension, Kaepernick. Which I don't think can be justified. Maybe it can. But you haven't been particularly convincing despite carrying the burden of proof.

I want to keep this from drifting into an analysis of Andrew Luck's combine results. If you actually are going to make the case that Andrew Luck's combine results suggest he's not one of the better athletes to come out in years at the QB position, I'll probably respond (if I can) to your case. If you're not going to make it, drop the argument.

I will stand on just the skin deep comparison to Newton, and the similarity/superiority to Griffin in the non-running tests. I have little intention of analyzing combine numbers for their greater meaning, and yet, still feel very comfortable concluding that we don't see athletes like Luck at the QB position very often.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #790
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Then why charge me a quarter for it but I can get a cup of ice for free? It's that kind of oxymoronic hypocrisy that allowes me to chuck the dine in tray in the garbage when I leave along with 50 napkins that I didn't use. Yessir, I'm a rebel.
A quarter? That's ridiculous. Once you're a customer, you can make those ice demands.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #791
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
2012 NFL Combine: QB

2011 NFL Combine: QB

----------------------------------40 Yard Vertical Shuttle Cone Broad Jump
Andrew Luck Stanford-----------------------4.67 - 36.0 4.28 6.80 10'4

Blaine Gabbert Missouri----------------------4.62 33.5 4.26 6.84 10'0
Jake Locker Washington--------------------4.59 35 4.12 6.77 10'0
Josh Portis California (PA)------------------4.62 40 4.12 6.84 10'6
Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech-----------------4.51 37.5 4.09 6.78 10'6
Colin Kaepernick Nevada------------------4.53 32.5 4.18 6.85 9'7
Cam Newton Auburn ---------------------4.59 - 35 4.18 6.92 10'6
Christian Ponder Florida State------------4.65 34 4.09 6.85 9'8
Do you think these combine results had anything to do with Kaepernick slipping to the second round?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #792
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Should have drafted Tony Pike then this whole QB thing would be over.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #793
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Racial component retracted, on the grounds of being not necessary to the argument.
I'm glad for you.

Quote:
This is not a court of law, and Andrew Luck is everything I have suggested he is. Your best argument remains "I disagree." Except here's the thing: you don't disagree. You agree with me. You just think you're justified to put Tannehill in his tier. And by your own extension, Kaepernick. Which I don't think can be justified. Maybe it can. But you haven't been particularly convincing despite carrying the burden of proof.

I want to keep this from drifting into an analysis of Andrew Luck's combine results. If you actually are going to make the case that Andrew Luck's combine results suggest he's not one of the better athletes to come out in years at the QB position, I'll probably respond (if I can) to your case. If you're not going to make it, drop the argument.
Dude, you're all over the place.

Quote:
I will stand on just the skin deep comparison to Newton, and the similarity/superiority to Griffin in the non-running tests. I have little intention of analyzing combine numbers for their greater meaning, and yet, still feel very comfortable concluding that we don't see athletes like Luck at the QB position very often.
lol, right now that the numbers are posted you're backpedalling.

Quote:
But, I guess I should expect this from you since for whatever reason you cannot admit that Tannehill is a better athlete then Luck.
Of course the above statement cannot be supported.
But neither can this statement:
Quote:
Of course Andrew Luck is a better athlete than Tannehill.
A better statement would be that for whatever reason you choose to diminish Tannehill athletic accomplishments yet overstate Lucks.

-Cheers
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #794
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Do you think these combine results had anything to do with Kaepernick slipping to the second round?
You're the king of presuppostion.
Kaeprnick didn't 'slide' to the second round he ascended to the second round.

oh btw:

Andrew Luck Stanford-----------------------4.67--36.0 4.28 6.80 10'4
Colin Kaepernick Nevada---------------------4.53--32.5 4.18 6.85 9'7

Do you always resort to this behavior?
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #795
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
A better statement would be that for whatever reason you choose to diminish Tannehill athletic accomplishments yet overstate Lucks.

-Cheers
Oh my f-cking god, you're not retracting your ridiculous statement after all that? You're a hundred times harder headed than I could ever hope to be.

You know who wasn't on the combine list? Tannehill.

I wish not to overstate Luck's case. He's still one of the best athletes to come out in years. I recognize your point about the 2011 combine, and accept that it weakens the evidence used here. The 2012 combine results though continue to reinforce what Luck put on tape. They don't do anything re: Tannehill.

Your persistence to save some face amazes me. Congrats, I guess.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33559 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25