Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Which QB Combo Do You Want
Griffin/Grossman 103 83.06%
Orton/Tannehill 5 4.03%
Manning/Cousins 14 11.29%
Weeden/J.Johnson 2 1.61%
Hoyer/Foles 0 0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #166
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ntm we have as good of a coach as any team in the league..
I see the Dolphins and Chiefs being more attractive options for him. If the tabloids and media spotlight are keeping him away from New York like it's rumored to be then Washington isn't going to be much more attractive. Not that the tabloids are nearly as bad down in DC but the fan bases expectations and media scrutiny can be pretty ridiculous.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #167
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I see the Dolphins and Chiefs being more attractive options for him. If the tabloids and media spotlight are keeping him away from New York like it's rumored to be then Washington isn't going to be much more attractive. Not that the tabloids are nearly as bad down in DC but the fan bases expectations and media scrutiny can be pretty ridiculous.
To me it's us or Miami but I really believe Flynn goes to south beach so honestly it may just be between us and kc. The jets are in a tight money situation as is and not many will try and trade for sorry sanchez
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #168
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I see the Dolphins and Chiefs being more attractive options for him. If the tabloids and media spotlight are keeping him away from New York like it's rumored to be then Washington isn't going to be much more attractive. Not that the tabloids are nearly as bad down in DC but the fan bases expectations and media scrutiny can be pretty ridiculous.
I think the local media and fan bases in most NFL cities would expect alot from PM. He won't get away from scrutiny if he fails in a new city. This guy is the face of the NFL, and a lead story on ESPN constantly in his playing days ( I am not referring to the current situation ).
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #169
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

I get the Manning talk.. he's not Brad Johnson, McNabb, etc... but he's at best a few year guy causing us to once again change our offense.... and at worst a one game and done QB... and with the season starting WELL after the draft you don't have the luxury of knowing... so if we can't keep him... we are in the SAME spot next year... either way by the next two years we need to find a FRANCHISE QB. We should only get Manning if we KNOW it means SB. In all of his years, with better teams than us by far, they didn't win the super bowl more than once. Someone explain to me how he would add anything bit 1) a backup QB taking over for him or 2) (the better scenario) he leads us to better records, we have worse draft picks, and he is still gone...

Call me stupid but if we draft a QB first round the next FIVE years we end up with a QB that will be here longer than Peyton...
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #170
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

I've seen enough tape to know that Cousins isn't close to RG3 in terms of potential impact, but at the same time he wouldn't be a bad plan B. Possibly better then Tannehill.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #171
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,228
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I get the Manning talk.. he's not Brad Johnson, McNabb, etc... but he's at best a few year guy causing us to once again change our offense.... and at worst a one game and done QB... and with the season starting WELL after the draft you don't have the luxury of knowing... so if we can't keep him... we are in the SAME spot next year... either way by the next two years we need to find a FRANCHISE QB. We should only get Manning if we KNOW it means SB. In all of his years, with better teams than us by far, they didn't win the super bowl more than once. Someone explain to me how he would add anything bit 1) a backup QB taking over for him or 2) (the better scenario) he leads us to better records, we have worse draft picks, and he is still gone...



Call me stupid but if we draft a QB first round the next FIVE years we end up with a QB that will be here longer than Peyton...

I agree with you but just to follow what you asked I'm going to call you stupid.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #172
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,228
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I've seen enough tape to know that Cousins isn't close to RG3 in terms of potential impact, but at the same time he wouldn't be a bad plan B. Possibly better then Tannehill.

What are you doing? We need RGIII videos and lots of them!!!!!!!!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #173
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
What are you doing? We need RGIII videos and lots of them!!!!!!!!
My program crashes when I try to import the TCU game.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #174
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,228
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
My program crashes when I try to import the TCU game.
That's a good thing. All the clouds are aligning nicely.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #175
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

This is still a great thread.

I suspect RGIII carries far higher bust potential than most believe him to carry. He's a highly mobile QB from a basic college offensive system and, more importantly IMO, it's unclear if his hearts in the game. Can he eat, sleep and breath for the game 46 weeks each year? Wasn't it just a cpl/few months ago he was considering a law degree and putting pro football on hold? Really? Really?? It's pro friggin football and you wanna be the next Johnny Cochran...what fine chap you are indeed, sir!!!

I hope there isn't a $ limit on PM. Peyton's never struck me as an unreasonable guy, so he'll accept there's "consensus" idea what he's worth in the market. We should beat that number by a few hundred thousand. The real ? is whether Peyton wants to sign here i.e. does he believe this bidding team, right now, gives him the best opportunity to win right now? I'll be ecstatic if he dons the Burgundy and Gold!!!

I'll put it on a t-shirt: Peyton Manning: We're not ****in around anymore!!!
(Redskins Logo)
The Goat is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #176
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,228
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

When has RG3's heart become a question? I'd like him to explain Baylor's offense because by his own admission it's not the simplicity everyone thinks it is. Blane Gabbert came from a spread as well and people loved him last year. Sure everyone carries a bust factor but everyone does.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #177
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
When has RG3's heart become a question? I'd like him to explain Baylor's offense because by his own admission it's not the simplicity everyone thinks it is. Blane Gabbert came from a spread as well and people loved him last year. Sure everyone carries a bust factor but everyone does.
Here's the thing though about RG3 compared to the QB's we've been looking at in the draft the last few years. This is not only the first one where 90%+ is willing to trade up to get him, but probably the first QB ever where people are on board with the possibility of giving up multiple first to get him. Nothing remotely close to that happened with Sanchez, Bradford, or Gabbert. Heck people would have flipped if we gave up a second round pick to move up for Gabbert last year.

Either way RGIII is not your average prospect. I'm looking at the drafts over the past decade and I don't think I can find one besides this year where he wouldn't have been the number 1 QB off the board. To think that there are two prospects in the same draft like Luck and RG3, it's amazing.

I mean think about these QB's on draft day

2011 - Cam Newton
2010 - Sam Bradford
2009 - Matt Stafford
2008 - Matt Ryan
2007 - JaWalrus Russell
2006 - Vince Young
2005 - Alex Smith
2004 - Eli Manning
2003 - Carson Palmer
2002 - David Carr
2001 - Michael Vick
2000 - Chad Pennington
1999 - Tim Couch
1998 - Peyton Manning

We have to go back 8 years to find a better draft day prospect then Robert Griffin. Then you have to go back another 6 years (both guys are named Manning). Take that wait till next year crowd.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 03-02-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #178
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,228
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Here's the thing though about RG3 compared to the QB's we've been looking at in the draft the last few years. This is not only the first one where 90%+ is willing to trade up to get him, but probably the first QB ever where people are on board with the possibility of giving up multiple first to get him. Nothing remotely close to that happened with Sanchez, Bradford, or Gabbert. Heck people would have flipped if we gave up a second round pick to move up for Gabbert last year.



Either way RGIII is not your average prospect. I'm looking at the drafts over the past decade and I don't think I can find one besides this year where he wouldn't have been the number 1 QB off the board. To think that there are two prospects in the same draft like Luck and RG3, it's amazing.
And the fact that we could get one by giving up what would be in value: Laron Landry (1st round) Roger Crawford (2nd round) Leonard Hankerson (3rd round) and Roy Helu (4th round) is amazing.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #179
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
And the fact that we could get one by giving up what would be in value: Laron Landry (1st round) Roger Crawford (2nd round) Leonard Hankerson (3rd round) and Roy Helu (4th round) is amazing.
Why would we trade those guys. They gave us FIVE WHOLE WINS last year.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #180
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Here's the thing though about RG3 compared to the QB's we've been looking at in the draft the last few years. This is not only the first one where 90%+ is willing to trade up to get him, but probably the first QB ever where people are on board with the possibility of giving up multiple first to get him. Nothing remotely close to that happened with Sanchez, Bradford, or Gabbert. Heck people would have flipped if we gave up a second round pick to move up for Gabbert last year.

Either way RGIII is not your average prospect. I'm looking at the drafts over the past decade and I don't think I can find one besides this year where he wouldn't have been the number 1 QB off the board. To think that there are two prospects in the same draft like Luck and RG3, it's amazing.

I mean think about these QB's on draft day

2011 - Cam Newton
2010 - Sam Bradford
2009 - Matt Stafford
2008 - Matt Ryan
2007 - JaWalrus Russell
2006 - Vince Young
2005 - Alex Smith
2004 - Eli Manning
2003 - Carson Palmer
2002 - David Carr
2001 - Michael Vick
2000 - Chad Pennington
1999 - Tim Couch
1998 - Peyton Manning

We have to go back 8 years to find a better draft day prospect then Robert Griffin. Then you have to go back another 6 years (both guys are named Manning). Take that wait till next year crowd.

I agree, a guy with this ability and mindset doesnt come around much and he is within our reach! we need to trade up for him and i hope we do sooner or later to give me peace of mind. When do you think it will happen if it does?
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39615 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25