Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Which QB Combo Do You Want
Griffin/Grossman 103 83.06%
Orton/Tannehill 5 4.03%
Manning/Cousins 14 11.29%
Weeden/J.Johnson 2 1.61%
Hoyer/Foles 0 0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #196
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,470
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I dont know if thats the case but there is no reason to strike any kind of deal now. Only a sucker would make a bid before free agency begins and some teams solve their QB problems via free agency. Shanny is no sucker.
^^^^^^^^
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #197
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,437
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

When is Peyton Mannings bonus due?
Monday?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #198
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Thursday
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #199
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Orton/Griffin
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #200
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,218
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm increasingly getting the impression that what I heard the first few months of all this is the real story re: our interest in RG3. It maybe it's that I got burned at the very last minute by a usually extremely reliable source re: Gabbert that I'm now hesitant
Who's to say that intel was wrong? Three of the ES insiders had made the exact same claim you did last year. Maybe they just got a offer the couldn't refuse and decided the extra players were worth more than what they had Gabbert rated as. Either that or they are putting info out there for the sole purpose of throwing people off.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #201
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,959
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
And the fact that we could get one by giving up what would be in value: Laron Landry (1st round) Roger Crawford (2nd round) Leonard Hankerson (3rd round) and Roy Helu (4th round) is amazing.
Or we could be giving up Charles Rogers (1st round), Taylor Jacobs (2nd round), Chad Rinehart (3rd round) and Dallas Sartz (4th round). That's the thing with draft picks, how many you have is far less relevant than how you use them.

As badly as we shredded the Vinny era (with damn good reasons), how many of the picks we traded away turned into a valued player? We were just cursed with making bad choices with the picks we had in addition to trading some away. There's no guarantee on any draft able player but it seems like the bust potential for RGIII is relatively low.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #202
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,969
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Who's to say that intel was wrong? Three of the ES insiders had made the exact same claim you did last year. Maybe they just got a offer the couldn't refuse and decided the extra players were worth more than what they had Gabbert rated as. Either that or they are putting info out there for the sole purpose of throwing people off.
Who knows for sure. I had thought since mid-October DE/OLB (kept thinking Quinn specifically) and was told the interest in Gabbert was zero...then suddenly a source close to Kyle Shanahan says otherwise and everything flips.

Anyway, I've got information overload right now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #203
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Or we could be giving up Charles Rogers (1st round), Taylor Jacobs (2nd round), Chad Rinehart (3rd round) and Dallas Sartz (4th round). That's the thing with draft picks, how many you have is far less relevant than how you use them.

As badly as we shredded the Vinny era (with damn good reasons), how many of the picks we traded away turned into a valued player? We were just cursed with making bad choices with the picks we had in addition to trading some away. There's no guarantee on any draft able player but it seems like the bust potential for RGIII is relatively low.
Reminds me of a brainless trade made in 2008. Jason Taylor for a 3rd round draft choice makes me mad even now. I'm so glad Cerratto isn't our GM anymore.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #204
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
You can certainly understand the desire though. Franchise QB's make teams contenders year in and year out. They also cover up deficiencies when the rest of your team struggles. It's quite the paradox. Infinitly easier to find grunt and supporting players then it is to find a franchise QB but it's much easier to find a franchise QB then it is to put together 30 or so regular supporting players needed to be a contender with a game manager at QB.

I mean I look at the Jets, the model that so many people here wanted to follow with their dominant offensive line, running game, and defense coupled with an average QB. Now that team is falling apart. It's so hard to keep it going with that big supporting cast, as someone is always getting injured or aging to fast, then it is with a QB that can change games a la RG3.

I'm going to stick with my mantra. Quality over quantity. Just because the no-RG3 plans means we get 3 or 4 extra Day 1 and 2 players doesn't mean we're going to be better off.

I understand the desire and want a franchise QB also, my play on words is none of those are franchise QB's other then PM right now. The others either are not franchise QB's yet or never will be. So everytime I hear "I want us to get a franchise QB" my immediate thought is then you must want PM cause RGIII has done nothing as of yet to warrant the "franchise" tag. Projected or not.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #205
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,969
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
And the fact that we could get one by giving up what would be in value: Laron Landry (1st round) Roger Crawford (2nd round) Leonard Hankerson (3rd round) and Roy Helu (4th round) is amazing.
Maybe someone else asked this...but who is Roger Crawford?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #206
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,959
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Reminds me of a brainless trade made in 2008. Jason Taylor for a 3rd round draft choice makes me mad even now. I'm so glad Cerratto isn't our GM anymore.
Just to make you madder, it was actually a second round pick, which the Dolphins used to draft......Pat White out of West Virginia. Kinda reinforces my point about other teams wasting our picks rather than us wasting them under Cerrato.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #207
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I get the Manning talk.. he's not Brad Johnson, McNabb, etc... but he's at best a few year guy causing us to once again change our offense.... and at worst a one game and done QB... and with the season starting WELL after the draft you don't have the luxury of knowing... so if we can't keep him... we are in the SAME spot next year... either way by the next two years we need to find a FRANCHISE QB. We should only get Manning if we KNOW it means SB. In all of his years, with better teams than us by far, they didn't win the super bowl more than once. Someone explain to me how he would add anything bit 1) a backup QB taking over for him or 2) (the better scenario) he leads us to better records, we have worse draft picks, and he is still gone...

Call me stupid but if we draft a QB first round the next FIVE years we end up with a QB that will be here longer than Peyton...
I'm sorry your going to have to help me out. This is like the second time I've seen this perhaps from you perhaps not but I just don't understand what the Skins will have to change? I see us needing to get better with the OL, and needing better blocking, but thats a given for whoever takes the QB position even if it's RGIII.

The worse case scenario I see is PM coming here and having to learn the play calls and getting on page with the WR's here. I believe there will be a small hickup until he is familiar with the system and familiar with the WR's.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #208
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
This is still a great thread.

I suspect RGIII carries far higher bust potential than most believe him to carry. He's a highly mobile QB from a basic college offensive system and, more importantly IMO, it's unclear if his hearts in the game. Can he eat, sleep and breath for the game 46 weeks each year? Wasn't it just a cpl/few months ago he was considering a law degree and putting pro football on hold? Really? Really?? It's pro friggin football and you wanna be the next Johnny Cochran...what fine chap you are indeed, sir!!!

I hope there isn't a $ limit on PM. Peyton's never struck me as an unreasonable guy, so he'll accept there's "consensus" idea what he's worth in the market. We should beat that number by a few hundred thousand. The real ? is whether Peyton wants to sign here i.e. does he believe this bidding team, right now, gives him the best opportunity to win right now? I'll be ecstatic if he dons the Burgundy and Gold!!!

I'll put it on a t-shirt: Peyton Manning: We're not ****in around anymore!!!
(Redskins Logo)
I'm in your camp but not so much about his heart. Hell he can play football while getting his law degree and racking up the $$$. My issue is the Skins giving up all those picks, and having extremely high expectations for him and what if he has trouble transitioning from the spread offense to a NFL offense? What if he has trouble reading defenses? What if the coaching staff gets all worked up over trying to change his throwing motion like McNabb's footwork and RGIII does not play as well? What happens if RGIII has trouble getting past his first read or it's just a major hickup with him that might take a few to several yrs for him to overcome?
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #209
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,518
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'm in your camp but not so much about his heart. Hell he can play football while getting his law degree and racking up the $$$. My issue is the Skins giving up all those picks, and having extremely high expectations for him and what if he has trouble transitioning from the spread offense to a NFL offense? What if he has trouble reading defenses? What if the coaching staff gets all worked up over trying to change his throwing motion like McNabb's footwork and RGIII does not play as well? What happens if RGIII has trouble getting past his first read or it's just a major hickup with him that might take a few to several yrs for him to overcome?
Seems that you're so worried about everything that could go wrong, but what if the guy is the real deal and a QB you can hang your hat on as a franchise for the next decade?

Life is about taking chances, I'd rather roll the dice than be paralyzed by over-analysis.

Every QB coming out of college has things to work on, but someone with his physical tools, character, and intelligence, that's a pretty good basis on which to start.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #210
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I understand the desire and want a franchise QB also, my play on words is none of those are franchise QB's other then PM right now. The others either are not franchise QB's yet or never will be. So everytime I hear "I want us to get a franchise QB" my immediate thought is then you must want PM cause RGIII has done nothing as of yet to warrant the "franchise" tag. Projected or not.
I don't want Manning because at 36, having missed a season of playing and regular work outs and training, 4 neck surgeries, having been a franchise quarterback and being one are two different things. RG3 is 22 years old. He is a triple A. Athletic, Accurate, Articulate. I would rather roll the dice on a guy that can have a 10 year future for this team, than an old injured one that has a 2 year future with us. Especially if for the reason you state "he is a franchise QB". That can easily and quickly become "was a franchise QB".
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3

Last edited by SkinzWin; 03-02-2012 at 10:46 AM.
SkinzWin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33810 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25