Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Which QB Combo Do You Want
Griffin/Grossman 103 83.06%
Orton/Tannehill 5 4.03%
Manning/Cousins 14 11.29%
Weeden/J.Johnson 2 1.61%
Hoyer/Foles 0 0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #211
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Orton/Griffin
I think I just threw up in my mouth again. I really wish you guys would stop.
SBXVII is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #212
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Or we could be giving up Charles Rogers (1st round), Taylor Jacobs (2nd round), Chad Rinehart (3rd round) and Dallas Sartz (4th round). That's the thing with draft picks, how many you have is far less relevant than how you use them.

As badly as we shredded the Vinny era (with damn good reasons), how many of the picks we traded away turned into a valued player? We were just cursed with making bad choices with the picks we had in addition to trading some away. There's no guarantee on any draft able player but it seems like the bust potential for RGIII is relatively low.
I'll say you have a point. but come on man. During the Cerrato era this team would trade picks for players, trade multiple picks to move up, and leave this team with limited draft picks on draft day. On top of that for some reason out of all the draft picks taken it would seem the team would only keep 2 or 3 picks each year. To me thats either bad scouting, or bad coaching.

This team in the last 2 years has played the draft 100X better and kept if not all the draft picks atleast 95% of them. I'd rather take my chance with this coaching staff and the picks vs. trading up for one player.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #213
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I don't want Manning because at 36, having missed a season of playing and regular work outs and training, 4 neck surgeries, having been a franchise quarterback and being one are two different things. RG3 is 22 years old. He is a triple A. Athletic, Accurate, Articulate. I would rather roll the dice on a guy that can have a 10 year future for this team, than an old injured one that has a 2 year future with us. Especially if for the reason you state "he is a franchise QB". That can easily and quickly become "was a franchise QB".
You make valid points in regards to PM, but with the right contract if PM doesn't seem to work out... you cut him. We still have our #1 pick heck if played right the #1 pick could turn into 2 picks as the team did last year. I would rather have the extra picks in order to pick up extra players who also can help this team vs. giving up a ton of picks for one player who we all would hope will work out.

People fail to realize no matter what we do in FA if played right and draft picks are not traded away PM could still get picked up and RGIII. But thats another story.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #214
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Locker was not going #1, not sure why you keep saying that.

And after the combine Newton actually looked like crap, at least when it came to his throwing.
Because prior to the season ending Locker was the going to be the #1 pick. As far as I remember Newton was not near the top until after Gruden interviewed him. I'm pretty sure it was Locker, and Gabbert who were bouncing around the #1 spot. Ponder, Mallet, and Dalton were all talked about being anywhere from RD 2-4.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #215
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,923
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll say you have a point. but come on man. During the Cerrato era this team would trade picks for players, trade multiple picks to move up, and leave this team with limited draft picks on draft day. On top of that for some reason out of all the draft picks taken it would seem the team would only keep 2 or 3 picks each year. To me thats either bad scouting, or bad coaching.

This team in the last 2 years has played the draft 100X better and kept if not all the draft picks atleast 95% of them. I'd rather take my chance with this coaching staff and the picks vs. trading up for one player.
Don't get my post confused for defending Cerrato at all. I'm just saying that if we trade picks away it's not like they AUTOMATICALLY become great players. I agree that this regime has done a ton better than Cerrato ever did. I think we're ok either way, trading up for RGIII or keeping the picks and getting a free agent QB. My preference is trading up though.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #216
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,740
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Because prior to the season ending Locker was the going to be the #1 pick. As far as I remember Newton was not near the top until after Gruden interviewed him. I'm pretty sure it was Locker, and Gabbert who were bouncing around the #1 spot. Ponder, Mallet, and Dalton were all talked about being anywhere from RD 2-4.

Newton was number one pretty much on everyone's board last year, I never heard the Panthers picking Locker one.


I have been reading your post this off season and I think you need to slow down and formulate your thoughts better. You are all over the place like melted butter on a English Muffin.

Here is thought write your post in Word, save it. Go back to it in 5 minutes reread it and if it still makes sense to you post it.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #217
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,328
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think I just threw up in my mouth again. I really wish you guys would stop.
the feeling is mutual
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #218
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Don't get my post confused for defending Cerrato at all. I'm just saying that if we trade picks away it's not like they AUTOMATICALLY become great players. I agree that this regime has done a ton better than Cerrato ever did. I think we're ok either way, trading up for RGIII or keeping the picks and getting a free agent QB. My preference is trading up though.
I didn't think you were defending Cerrato and didn't mean for my post to sound like that. I presumed you were refering to how no matter how many picks a team uses they might not pan out. So it might be better to use those picks on a more sure fire starter and trade up for RGIII. < thats how I took it. All I was saying was the team now has done a lot better job with not only scouting but keeping the players drafted. So to me the extra picks to move up, to me, would be more valuable vs. using them on one player. But yes your essentially right no one knows how the drafted player will or won't work out in the NFL and that includes all the QB's in the draft. We can assume Luck and RGIII and some of the others will work out and become SB QB's one day but no one really knows. It's kinda a crap shoot.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #219
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Newton was number one pretty much on everyone's board last year, I never heard the Panthers picking Locker one.


I have been reading your post this off season and I think you need to slow down and formulate your thoughts better. You are all over the place like melted butter on a English Muffin.

Here is thought write your post in Word, save it. Go back to it in 5 minutes reread it and if it still makes sense to you post it.
Butter. I love butter. :O
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #220
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Because prior to the season ending Locker was the going to be the #1 pick. As far as I remember Newton was not near the top until after Gruden interviewed him. I'm pretty sure it was Locker, and Gabbert who were bouncing around the #1 spot. Ponder, Mallet, and Dalton were all talked about being anywhere from RD 2-4.
Incorrect. Locker was thought, by analysts and commentators, to be #1 pick in the 2010 draft before deciding to stay in school. By the 2011 draft his stock had fallen due to a bad completion percentage and some game film (like Nebraska). The Newton vs. Gabbert did go on....but Cam was a much better prospect (albeit with an appreciable amount of red flags).
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #221
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,963
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Locker wasnt considered a top ten pick, most analyst had going mid to late round, maybe even second round.

Is Gruden gonna do that QB thing again this year? im fiending like a crackhead for that segment, its must watch tv
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #222
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,791
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Locker wasnt considered a top ten pick, most analyst had going mid to late round, maybe even second round.

Is Gruden gonna do that QB thing again this year? im fiending like a crackhead for that segment, its must watch tv
Here's the schedule

Front & Center: Jon Gruden « ESPN Front Row
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #223
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,963
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
word up thanks.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #224
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,328
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I can see him coming back with a serious chip on his shoulder this year.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #225
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,143
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe someone else asked this...but who is Roger Crawford?


I meant to put Roger McIntosh, I was talking to my friend whose last name is Crawford and I wasn't paying attention.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32992 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25