Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Which QB Combo Do You Want
Griffin/Grossman 103 83.06%
Orton/Tannehill 5 4.03%
Manning/Cousins 14 11.29%
Weeden/J.Johnson 2 1.61%
Hoyer/Foles 0 0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #16
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well QB is our biggest need and our biggest topic of conversation in the locker room.

Impression we've gotten is that people don't like thread to go on for 1000s of posts so instead of one never-ending QB thread, we'll keep doing it this way
The first 9 QB threads were ok, but a 10th is just taking it way over the top!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

im sure most of you guys already know this but...

NFL.com news: Rams willing to trade No. 2 pick well before April's draft
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Officially, not before March 13. Unofficially, as I type right now

Wonder what the voting would have been like if I did something like Griffin/J. Johnson instead of Griffin/Grossman or Manning/Tannehill

I really don't know which of the combos I listed I'd prefer, which is why I haven't voted yet.

On the one hand Griffin/Grossman is great but we're giving up a lot of draft picks potentially. On the other hand, Peyton freakin' Manning! (even if he's not 100% healthy, he's still one of the best QBs in the league)

Tough call
To be completely honest, anything other than Griffin or Manning as our starting QB will be extremely depressing for me. Its time to make a big move for one of the most important positions.

I know this is was not a poll option, but I don't think its outside the realm of possibility that we could end up with Luck at #2. I know everyone just assumes the Colts will take Luck, but Griffin seems to be all the rage at the moment. Given the Colts are losing the majority of their offensive talent (manning, saturday, garcon, wayne), they may decide its in thier best interest to get a more athletic, mobile, playmaking QB. Lets be honest, the colts offensive line is horrible. Luck would get killed. I'm not saying its likely, but i definitely think its possible Luck would be available at 2.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

I think the chance of the Colts passing on Luck are pretty remote. Could happen, but will it? Highly unlikely. They seem him as the next Manning and probably rightfully so, why would anyone pass that up?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,333
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Officially, not before March 13. Unofficially, as I type right now

Wonder what the voting would have been like if I did something like Griffin/J. Johnson instead of Griffin/Grossman or Manning/Tannehill

I really don't know which of the combos I listed I'd prefer, which is why I haven't voted yet.

On the one hand Griffin/Grossman is great but we're giving up a lot of draft picks potentially. On the other hand, Peyton freakin' Manning! (even if he's not 100% healthy, he's still one of the best QBs in the league)

Tough call
The it wouldnt have matter what combo Griffen woulda been put with, but Peyton is probably your gonna end up as your second highest for the reason you listed. Look, I just want one or the other at this point...i would be happy with either.

What the percentage we get either? 50% 75%?
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
To be completely honest, anything other than Griffin or Manning as our starting QB will be extremely depressing for me. Its time to make a big move for one of the most important positions.

I know this is was not a poll option, but I don't think its outside the realm of possibility that we could end up with Luck at #2. I know everyone just assumes the Colts will take Luck, but Griffin seems to be all the rage at the moment. Given the Colts are losing the majority of their offensive talent (manning, saturday, garcon, wayne), they may decide its in thier best interest to get a more athletic, mobile, playmaking QB. Lets be honest, the colts offensive line is horrible. Luck would get killed. I'm not saying its likely, but i definitely think its possible Luck would be available at 2.
I agree. I want RG3 the most or a healthy Peyton. i do not want any of the second tier qbs being our number one qb next year.
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The first 9 QB threads were ok, but a 10th is just taking it way over the top!
I should have started with the 10th, done a few, and then later start with "The 1st QB Thread" Star Wars Prequel Style
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

This is how I see it, and how I think the Skins probably do too

Plan A: Griffin
Plan B: Manning
Plan C: Orton
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #24
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This is how I see it, and how I think the Skins probably do too

Plan A: Griffin
Plan B: Manning
Plan C: Orton

Plan C will really really depress me. Orton is just Grossman spelled wrong.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This is how I see it, and how I think the Skins probably do too

Plan A: Griffin
Plan B: Manning
Plan C: Orton
maybe I have too much confidence/stupid hope but i think we will end up with one of the first 2. what about both?
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #26
Camp Scrub
 
Drewsky27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

I dont think the trade for the number 2 pick happens until after RG3s pro day
Drewsky27 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #27
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Officially, not before March 13. Unofficially, as I type right now

Wonder what the voting would have been like if I did something like Griffin/J. Johnson instead of Griffin/Grossman or Manning/Tannehill

I really don't know which of the combos I listed I'd prefer, which is why I haven't voted yet.

On the one hand Griffin/Grossman is great but we're giving up a lot of draft picks potentially. On the other hand, Peyton freakin' Manning! (even if he's not 100% healthy, he's still one of the best QBs in the league)

Tough call
Just to add another twist to the mix (being the 10th iteration on the subject and all)....

If the deal to trade up to the second pick gets done early, is there any chance the front office may try to use the second pick to trade up to the first pick to land Luck?
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Plan C will really really depress me. Orton is just Grossman spelled wrong.
I can live with Orton for the short term if Tannehill is being groomed behind him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

I would love for the Redskins to move up in the draft and select Robert Griffin III. Grossman as the backup is ok with me. If someone jumps ahead of the Redskins and snatches RGIII then I am ok with selecting Tannegill in the six slot and taking Kyle Orton in free agency. Since free agency happens first, I would sign Kyle Orton. The combination of RGIII/Orton would be ideal.
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins! View Post
Just to add another twist to the mix (being the 10th iteration on the subject and all)....

If the deal to trade up to the second pick gets done early, is there any chance the front office may try to use the second pick to trade up to the first pick to land Luck?
And give up even more picks? I wouldn't think so.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34864 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25