Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Which QB Combo Do You Want
Griffin/Grossman 103 83.06%
Orton/Tannehill 5 4.03%
Manning/Cousins 14 11.29%
Weeden/J.Johnson 2 1.61%
Hoyer/Foles 0 0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #436
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
From hear on in I'm putting bounties on big hits against anyone that doesn't support RG3. Double cash if that same person tries to sell you on next years class over this years.
Ok, blast me brother. I thought I read somewhere that MS really wanted Barkley whom we could simply continue to fix up the offensive side of the ball then go all in next year with 2 yrs worth of drafts if you all want to.
SBXVII is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #437
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,522
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok, blast me brother. I thought I read somewhere that MS really wanted Barkley whom we could simply continue to fix up the offensive side of the ball then go all in next year with 2 yrs worth of drafts if you all want to.
I still maintain that you are going to have to hit big on an awful lot of picks to even think of equaling the impact of a strong, smart, and mobile QB like RGIII.

I mean think about it. Could we ever have a shot of trading Orakpo, Helu, Royster, Kerrigan, Williams, Landry, Jenkins, Thomas, Rogers, Campbell, and Kelly for Cam Newton?

By the way thats 6 first round picks, 3 second round picks, a fourth, and a sixth round pick. And of those 6 first round picks 3 were top 10 picks.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 03-05-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #438
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I still maintain that you are going to have to hit big on an awful lot of picks to even think of equaling the impact of a strong, smart, and mobile QB like RGIII.

I mean think about it. Could we ever have a shot of trading Orakpo, Helu, Royster, Kerrigan, Williams, Landry, Jenkins, Thomas, Rogers, Campbell, and Kelly for Cam Newton?
Nope. No different then how hard it would be to trade them for someone like Brady and he was a 6th round draft pick.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #439
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

[QUOTE=Dirtbag59;891928]I still maintain that you are going to have to hit big on an awful lot of picks to even think of equaling the impact of a strong, smart, and mobile QB like RGIII.

I mean think about it. Could we ever have a shot of trading Orakpo, Helu, Royster, Kerrigan, Williams, Landry, Jenkins, Thomas, Rogers, Campbell, and Kelly for Cam Newton?

By the way thats 6 first round picks, 3 second round picks, a fourth, and a sixth round pick. And of those 6 first round picks 3 were top 10 picks.[/QUOTE]

I like to look at the bright side.... the other 5 picks were not top 10 and they are starting also. Apparently the Skins got really good value for them to be after the top 10 and be starters.

I like to think if the team gets the right player with the most skills they are looking for at whatever position they will work out. RGIII might be the 2nd best QB in this yrs draft but someone like Tannehill might be better suited for what we do simply because his learning curve might be smaller. Yes he might need to work on his skills but if he was in a pro system in college I feel he might learn quicker and be more usefull right out of college. < hopefully I said that right. lol.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #440
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,056
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

if brennan is michael jordan, consider tannehill scottie pippen
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #441
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
pfffffttttt
So he plays for two years (not exactly enough time to build a dynasty) and then we start all over again....screw that.
Consecutive SBs isn't a dynasty? Ok, maybe that's over the top, but how the hell does anyone not see that a healthy Peyton Manning with an average defense has a legitimate shot. Improve the defense and it looks even better.

...I'll take those two "opportunities" over an unproven college player every given sunday. And it gives us two years to find/mentor that next guy. All you gotta worry bout then is our fanbase making the mistake Denver fans made in rejecting whoever had to take the first snap after Elway retired (w/ two rings in two season)
The Goat is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #442
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,056
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

does anyone believe that peyton manning was somewhat protected by officials (more so than other qbs) during his days in indy?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #443
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,849
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
does anyone believe that peyton manning was somewhat protected by officials (more so than other qbs) during his days in indy?
I think Brady is slightly more protected.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #444
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,056
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

is that a "yes, but"? i was at the game when brady slip and fletch pumped his iron. it was a tough call. but, i do agree that brady is protected more so than other qbs
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #445
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,225
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So you are saying u would take grossman over Manning?
As a backup, yes. Why pay $20mil for a guy to be second string? I don't think it's an option for Rex to start next year unless RG3, Tannenhill, Weeden, McCoy, Flynn, Quinn, Young or any other QB pick up is injured. I do want Rexy back as a backup. He seems to be a great locker room guy (unlike Orton), knows the system (unlike most other FA journeymen), and definitely is in a position to help mentor a first round pick. And yes, Beck is under contract and by now should be able to help someone learn the playbook, but no thank you.
Realistically, it doesn't matter who our QB is next year our goal should be 9-7 with more wins the second half of the year than the first. 2013, with two good drafts and FA signings along with retaining leaders like Fletcher, could be a Super Bowl run.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #446
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
As a backup, yes. Why pay $20mil for a guy to be second string? I don't think it's an option for Rex to start next year unless RG3, Tannenhill, Weeden, McCoy, Flynn, Quinn, Young or any other QB pick up is injured. I do want Rexy back as a backup. He seems to be a great locker room guy (unlike Orton), knows the system (unlike most other FA journeymen), and definitely is in a position to help mentor a first round pick. And yes, Beck is under contract and by now should be able to help someone learn the playbook, but no thank you.
Realistically, it doesn't matter who our QB is next year our goal should be 9-7 with more wins the second half of the year than the first. 2013, with two good drafts and FA signings along with retaining leaders like Fletcher, could be a Super Bowl run.
I believe, IMO of course, that this scenario would be much more possible with Manning at the helm, a solid WR with our 1st round pick, and some solid FA acquisitions. People just arent deducting that with a Manning caliber QB running WHATEVER offense, every other position will look superior than they have in the past. Not only that, but given a competent offense which Manning would bring, our defensive numbers would only improve, IMHO, just due to the fact that the turnovers would be drastically reduced and the O would be on the field much more than the previous offense of last year. Fresher defense = more turnovers for us, and more oppurtunities to pin our ears back and go AFTER the opposing team, instead of huffing it just to keep up with them due to the fatigue factor.

In short, Manning would improve BOTH sides of the ball. And I believe, IMO that makes us instant contenders for the NFCE crown, and in a position to go even deeper than that.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #447
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,113
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I believe, IMO of course, that this scenario would be much more possible with Manning at the helm, a solid WR with our 1st round pick, and some solid FA acquisitions. People just arent deducting that with a Manning caliber QB running WHATEVER offense, every other position will look superior than they have in the past. Not only that, but given a competent offense which Manning would bring, our defensive numbers would only improve, IMHO, just due to the fact that the turnovers would be drastically reduced and the O would be on the field much more than the previous offense of last year. Fresher defense = more turnovers for us, and more oppurtunities to pin our ears back and go AFTER the opposing team, instead of huffing it just to keep up with them due to the fatigue factor.

In short, Manning would improve BOTH sides of the ball. And I believe, IMO that makes us instant contenders for the NFCE crown, and in a position to go even deeper than that.
The crucial thing is, will Kyle Shanahan number one, incorporate the script/playbook/plays that Peyton Manning ran in Indy's offense to tweak into his own offense, and secondly, will Kyle Shanahan shut up, take a step back, and allow Peyton Manning to do his own thing? One thing is for certain: Manning is not a typical west coast offense quarterback, and no matter how great a QB is or was in another system, especially playing in that system for his entire career, he's not going to be as successful in a whole new system automatically and that's why Mike Shanahan and his son would have to incorporate the concepts that Manning used in Indianapolis into their version of the west coast offense.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #448
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Yes, the egos must be checked upon entrance into Redskins Camp, and I hope that all parties involved, should Manning happen to sign here, would do just that for the betterment of the team.

Just a footnote, we haven't had a QB of Mannings caliber EVER in DC. I would be so overjoyed to see him here, no matter what age he is. He instantly would bring a sense of professionalism and credibility to this team, as well as the new FO. I would just love to see the fruition of what Peyton Manning could bring to this organization, even if it is only for 3 or 4 years.

INSTANT CREDIBILITY
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #449
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Yes, the egos must be checked upon entrance into Redskins Camp, and I hope that all parties involved, should Manning happen to sign here, would do just that for the betterment of the team.

Just a footnote, we haven't had a QB of Mannings caliber EVER in DC. I would be so overjoyed to see him here, no matter what age he is. He instantly would bring a sense of professionalism and credibility to this team, as well as the new FO. I would just love to see the fruition of what Peyton Manning could bring to this organization, even if it is only for 3 or 4 years.

INSTANT CREDIBILITY
This offseason the Peyton Manning should be option numbero uno.

Sign Peyton Manning.
Sign Reggie Wayne.
Draft talent in the first 3 rounds to help the team: RT, WR, DL
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #450
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,113
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
This offseason the Peyton Manning should be option numbero uno.

Sign Peyton Manning.
Sign Reggie Wayne.
Draft talent in the first 3 rounds to help the team: RT, WR, DL

If it was any other quarterback entering free agency besides Peyton Manning, I would be against signing him. But it's Peyton Manning, the most prolific quarterback since Joe Montana. I do want the Redskins to draft RG3, but signing Manning to a lucrative deal will allow the Redskins to hold on to all of their draft picks and to continue to retool the roster into an eventual contender.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32548 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25