Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Which QB Combo Do You Want
Griffin/Grossman 103 83.06%
Orton/Tannehill 5 4.03%
Manning/Cousins 14 11.29%
Weeden/J.Johnson 2 1.61%
Hoyer/Foles 0 0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,502
QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Figured the QB Rumors Volume 9 thread was starting to run its course so let's start a fresh one (There will certainly be more news over the next week so we'll be starting the 11th version in mere days, I'm sure)

So let's run through some of the possible QB combos (talking just 1st and 2nd string, not considering the 3rd and beyond)

I'll rank them in order of likelihood, and you all can vote and tell me who you'd want as our starting and back-up QBs in 2012 (voting will be public)


1. Griffin/Grossman:
The clubhouse leader at the moment, but by no means a lock. Griffin trade probably means losing a handful of picks this year (but not looking as likely a player will be traded, though still being considered). And the talks with Grossman's people continue.

2. Orton/Tannehill: Rumors that Tannehill might actually be taken before the Redskins are currently scheduled to pick at 6th. I think that's probably a bluff, but regardless I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Tannehill taken at 6th because he probably won't last beyond 12th. Orton would be a solid veteran QB, my main concern with him is that he's kind of a dick"


3. Manning/Cousins:
This could easily be the 2nd most likely scenario. The demand for Manning should be fairly high though and I don't think we plan on getting into a bidding war.

4. Weeden/J. Johnson: Rumors of a trade down or trade up for Weeden at the end of the 1st round. And Bruce Allen's connection to Josh Johnson has people thinking he might come here. This scenario, however, is not very likely from what I've heard.

5. Hoyer/Foles: Not much of a chance of happening at all. Hoyer's less likely by the day to leave New England...but if he does...

So which combo would you want?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

easy question for me. option UNO. we have gone too long without a good quarterback, why draft another subpar quarterback?? Griffin is very special and his kind does not come around very often, we have to take him. Grossman knows the offense very well and i wouldnt mind seeing him as a backup but i think it would be good to bring in someone like Orton and a younger guy as well like Clausen or J.Johnson.
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21

Last edited by Bubba305-ST21-; 03-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,321
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Griffin/Henne.

But since that choice was not listed, Griffin/Grossman.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,757
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

What Lotus said. Can't make it any simpler than that. The NFL today rewards teams who have playmakers at qb. Let's go get ours.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Figured the QB Rumors Volume 9 thread was starting to run its course so let's start a fresh one (There will certainly be more news over the next week so we'll be starting the 11th version in mere days, I'm sure)

So let's run through some of the possible QB combos (talking just 1st and 2nd string, not considering the 3rd and beyond)

I'll rank them in order of likelihood, and you all can vote and tell me who you'd want as our starting and back-up QBs in 2012 (voting will be public)


1. Griffin/Grossman: The clubhouse leader at the moment, but by no means a lock. Griffin trade probably means losing a handful of picks this year (but not looking as likely a player will be traded, though still being considered). And the talks with Grossman's people continue.

2. Orton/Tannehill: Rumors that Tannehill might actually be taken before the Redskins are currently scheduled to pick at 6th. I think that's probably a bluff, but regardless I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Tannehill taken at 6th because he probably won't last beyond 12th. Orton would be a solid veteran QB, my main concern with him is that he's kind of a dick"


3. Manning/Cousins: This could easily be the 2nd most likely scenario. The demand for Manning should be fairly high though and I don't think we plan on getting into a bidding war.

4. Weeden/J. Johnson: Rumors of a trade down or trade up for Weeden at the end of the 1st round. And Bruce Allen's connection to Josh Johnson has people thinking he might come here. This scenario, however, is not very likely from what I've heard.

5. Hoyer/Foles: Not much of a chance of happening at all. Hoyer's less likely by the day to leave New England...but if he does...

So which combo would you want?
ANOTHER Qb thread??????
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,166
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

I definitely want #1, but #2 and #3 both would be ok by me. We need a playmaker, and in my opinion only #1 achieves that, but all 3 would easily put us in a better qb situation than last year, at least in my opinion.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,166
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
ANOTHER Qb thread??????
there will be qb threads until draft. Or possibly even To Infinity and Beyond!


Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 03-01-2012 at 09:41 AM.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

whats the eta on when a potential trade with the rams could be completed?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,102
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

RG3 and Grossman all the way. Grossman knows the offense, has played in it, and would be the perfect back up QB. Griffin III on the other hand could run the offense and be a dynamic play maker..
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,502
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
whats the eta on when a potential trade with the rams could be completed?
Officially, not before March 13. Unofficially, as I type right now

Wonder what the voting would have been like if I did something like Griffin/J. Johnson instead of Griffin/Grossman or Manning/Tannehill

I really don't know which of the combos I listed I'd prefer, which is why I haven't voted yet.

On the one hand Griffin/Grossman is great but we're giving up a lot of draft picks potentially. On the other hand, Peyton freakin' Manning! (even if he's not 100% healthy, he's still one of the best QBs in the league)

Tough call
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
Special Teams
 
chewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pasadena,MD
Posts: 140
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Is there any chance of Manning/Griffen?
chewman is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,502
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
ANOTHER Qb thread??????
Well QB is our biggest need and our biggest topic of conversation in the locker room.

Impression we've gotten is that people don't like thread to go on for 1000s of posts so instead of one never-ending QB thread, we'll keep doing it this way
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,502
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewman View Post
Is there any chance of Manning/Griffen?
Remote
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #14
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
ANOTHER Qb thread??????
How is it beating a dead horse? The rumors keep changing and a clean thread keeps the subject fresh.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: QB Combo Possibilities: Which Do You Want (QB Rumors: Verse 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well QB is our biggest need and our biggest topic of conversation in the locker room.

Impression we've gotten is that people don't like thread to go on for 1000s of posts so instead of one never-ending QB thread, we'll keep doing it this way

Exactly thank you for setting these up and taking the time to share your knowledge!

We all owe SS a few beers!

__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28677 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25