Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 04:26 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,668
Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Let's start with a new thread

(thanks to CultBrennan59 for this link)

Community - CBSSports.com

Also, Eagles have placed the franchise tag on DeSean Jackson
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,715
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Pittsburgh Steelers won't franchise WR Mike Wallace, source says - ESPN


They need to get rid of this RFA tender bullshit.


Quote:
The highest qualifying offer for Wallace is about $2.75 million, nearly matching the amount that Pittsburgh is now under the salary cap. To franchise Wallace would cost Pittsburgh $9.5 million, which it currently does not have the salary-cap space to absorb.
This is so messed up, and not even sure how or why players even allowed this into the new CBA. Basically allows a team to cheat a player out of much deserved money. Why? Because nobody is going to sign him to a big contract AND give up a first rounder for him.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,668
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Tyvon Branch...franchised
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This is so messed up, and not even sure how or why players even allowed this into the new CBA. Basically allows a team to cheat a player out of much deserved money. Why? Because nobody is going to sign him to a big contract AND give up a first rounder for him.
Sure they will. He's Mike Wallace.

The real question is whether someone will sign him if they think Pittsburgh will match the offer.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Tyvon Branch...franchised
Smart move by the Raiders, though I have no idea in Hades where they are going to get $23, er, $29 million dollars of cap room.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

I'm really disappointed in the CBS article's FA long snapper section. Sorely lacking in that department.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
I'm really disappointed in the CBS article's FA long snapper section. Sorely lacking in that department.
Boom:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WdUMmhpazYzSXc
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,688
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Let's start with a new thread

(thanks to CultBrennan59 for this link)

Community - CBSSports.com

Also, Eagles have placed the franchise tag on DeSean Jackson

From that article:

9. Albert Haynesworth

(US PRESSWIRE) Breakdown: Haynesworth makes the list on reputation alone. And we mean his pre-Redskins reputation, when Jim Washburn got the most out of the man now known as one of the biggest free-agent busts in recent years. Not even Bill Belichick could revive Haynesworth's career, cutting him midway through last season.

The Bucs signed him only to release him a few weeks ago. Maybe his career is over, but then again, coaches and GMs are seduced by potential. And Haynesworth certainly has plenty of that.

Possible landing spots: Realistically, Haynesworth's probably done. That said, we wouldn't be shocked if the Redskins signed him to another $100 million deal.


Really? Well the media ever give up on the BS, do they not see a new sheriff in town?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

mmm I love the smell of new thread
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,000
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Here is the link for the DJax story...

Philadelphia Eagles use franchise tag on DeSean Jackson - ESPN

I wonder if teams are going to let this DJax situation play out instead of trading for him. They could just wait and see if the Eagles are truly going to pay him $9 mil for one year.

Oh and the Browns won't be tagging Hillis...

Cleveland Browns won't use tag on RB Peyton Hillis, source says - ESPN
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,615
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Tripp have you rated the WR draft crop yet and/or FAs at that spot? Like to take a look if ya have.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,875
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
From that article:

9. Albert Haynesworth

(US PRESSWIRE) Breakdown: Haynesworth makes the list on reputation alone. And we mean his pre-Redskins reputation, when Jim Washburn got the most out of the man now known as one of the biggest free-agent busts in recent years. Not even Bill Belichick could revive Haynesworth's career, cutting him midway through last season.

The Bucs signed him only to release him a few weeks ago. Maybe his career is over, but then again, coaches and GMs are seduced by potential. And Haynesworth certainly has plenty of that.

Possible landing spots: Realistically, Haynesworth's probably done. That said, we wouldn't be shocked if the Redskins signed him to another $100 million deal.


Really? Well the media ever give up on the BS, do they not see a new sheriff in town?
The media will stop associating us with big name free agents when Dan Snyder no longer owns the Redskins, and we have a decade of cheap frugality under a new owner. Only then will it become tired to associate us with big name free agents. But it will still be mentioned in history, as we have become the team most commonly associated with trying to build through free agency.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,000
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The media will stop associating us with big name free agents when Dan Snyder no longer owns the Redskins, and we have a decade of cheap frugality under a new owner. Only then will it become tired to associate us with big name free agents. But it will still be mentioned in history, as we have become the team most commonly associated with trying to build through free agency.
The media is just lazy and recycle sh*t over and over again.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,875
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The media is just lazy and recycle sh*t over and over again.
That too.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,691
Re: Around the NFL: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The media is just lazy and recycle sh*t over and over again.
Yeah, just look at Smoot, he just keeps starting QB threads over and over, then grabs this link from someone else (good job CB) and starts another thread of someone else's info. Never an original idea there!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28344 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25