Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #181
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Well there is some evidence that Shanny has liked VJ for years. I agree that we don't want to do business like we did under Snyderatto ever again, but there has to be a middle ground. Eventually we are going to need to sign a big name free agent and when we do it does not mean that Vinny is coming back. I think Shanny & Bruce have already proved that they know how to handle the salary cap sensibly. DC is no longer the place for free agents to ring the cash register. And that means if they think VJ can make a big difference in their offense and is worth the big pay day then I have no problem with it...
I've got no problem signing a big name free agent. My problem is signing a 29 year old guy with character concerns who is one joint away from a one year suspension to a mega-contract. To do so would be irresponsible. All it would take is one party with our starting receiver, starting left tackle, and starting tight end and we'd lose all three for a year.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #182
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,703
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
who is 6'5"?


That would be Vincent Jackson.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #183
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I've got no problem signing a big name free agent. My problem is signing a 29 year old guy with character concerns who is one joint away from a one year suspension to a mega-contract. To do so would be irresponsible. All it would take is one party with our starting receiver, starting left tackle, and starting tight end and we'd lose all three for a year.
I hear you...valid points. He's definitely a risk but I am going to give them a pass on this one if they think they need him. #1 WR's don't go on trees...there are probably only about 15 or so of them in the whole league and this guys one of them. I don't think you can make a living taking a lot of these chances but occasionally you have to take some risks if the need is big enough...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #184
Camp Scrub
 
Mahons21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 56
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

I'd be too nervous Jackson is just looking for his pay day. Doesn't seem like we'd be able to get away with an incentive laden deal. I'd pass on him, but BA/MS know a lot more than I do, if they get him they must see something to alleviate these concerns which I'm sure they've discussed.
Mahons21 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #185
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

If we had manning as qb, I'd be more inclined to take a gamble on Jackson. He'd keep everyone inline. But if we were stuck with Orton, grossman, or a rookie -even rg3- I can see this place turning into a circus
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #186
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
If we had manning as qb, I'd be more inclined to take a gamble on Jackson. He'd keep everyone inline. But if we were stuck with Orton, grossman, or a rookie -even rg3- I can see this place turning into a circus
Jackson alone would turn things into a circus?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #187
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,591
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Decoud is solid but imo he's not better than Landry or atogwe
he's not
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #188
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

The only thing I'd be concern with Jackson is that we would be 1-strike away from having our #1 WR, #1 TE, and our starting LT out for a whole season. I wonder if whatever team that signs him will include some type of discipline clause.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #189
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
If we had manning as qb, I'd be more inclined to take a gamble on Jackson. He'd keep everyone inline. But if we were stuck with Orton, grossman, or a rookie -even rg3- I can see this place turning into a circus
I know VJ had the drug suspension and the contract issues but where is the evidence that he is a locker room problem or has done anything to promote a "circus" environment? I think there are plenty of valid reasons to prefer not signing VJ but i don't think this is one of them...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #190
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The only thing I'd be concern with Jackson is that we would be 1-strike away from having our #1 WR, #1 TE, and our starting LT out for a whole season. I wonder if whatever team that signs him will include some type of discipline clause.
This is the most valid concern and if it happens then Phillip Daniels is going to have to really earn that new paycheck he is getting from the Redskins...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #191
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,136
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Well there is some evidence that Shanny has liked VJ for years. I agree that we don't want to do business like we did under Snyderatto ever again, but there has to be a middle ground. Eventually we are going to need to sign a big name free agent and when we do it does not mean that Vinny is coming back. I think Shanny & Bruce have already proved that they know how to handle the salary cap sensibly. DC is no longer the place for free agents to ring the cash register. And that means if they think VJ can make a big difference in their offense and is worth the big pay day then I have no problem with it...
Part of the reason the Snyderatto strategy rarely worked is because they kept going after skill players without a QB. As long as the Redsins plan to get a quality QB then a big time receiver like VJax has a chance to work here in DC, otherwise it will be Brandon Lloyd all over again.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #192
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Part of the reason the Snyderatto strategy rarely worked is because they kept going after skill players without a QB. As long as the Redsins plan to get a quality QB then a big time receiver like VJax has a chance to work here in DC, otherwise it will be Brandon Lloyd all over again.
Agree completely...but I am assuming the QB is coming in the form of RG3 or Peyton. Without the QB we are shuffling deck chairs no matter what we do...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #193
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,154
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

i'm a bit eh on VJ at 10mill a year or colston to big money without injury assurance.

I would have loved wallace, DJ, or bowe, but teams got stingy with letting their guys walk.

this may be a situation where no move is the best move, or more value guys (like gaffney). let hankerson play, take a flyer on r moss or plex for goal line scoring and short routes and GET A QB THAT CAN ACTUALLY PLAY!!

sorry.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #194
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,292
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The only thing I'd be concern with Jackson is that we would be 1-strike away from having our #1 WR, #1 TE, and our starting LT out for a whole season. I wonder if whatever team that signs him will include some type of discipline clause.
Yup. That's why I favor signing Garcon or Colston.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #195
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,679
Re: Redskins: 2012 Off-Season-Free Agency/Trades

I'm in favor of Colston as our first choice.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27961 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25