Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #151
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,705
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He's saying that cause he has to. He knows he's in hot water and the league's going to over react to something that's been going on since football started. Behind closed doors he's probably saying..." what a bunch of bullshit!"
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #152
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,930
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Are you sure?I ask becuase if I remember right Gegg Williams was the #1 canidate to replace Joe Gibbs and even Williams himself thought he was getting the job,what happen ...did Dan Snyder know and just dump him ,Vinnie??? Your thoughts?
Nah, Gibbs and Vinny have both already said publicly that they had no idea this was going on and Snyder wouldn't have denied Williams the job because of this. Williams thought he was getting the job because he has an enormous ego but he was never really in consideration.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #153
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

Yes to inflict pain. That's football. Right? Guys on the Saints were not trying to end anyone's career.
Where do you draw the line? From what I understand, the investigation found that bonuses were higher if you knocked an opponent out for the game. With how fast football moves, how can you differentiate trying to knock someone out for a game, season, or career? What, their LB's say, hey, I'm just gonna sprain his knee a little bit? Please man.
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 03-03-2012 at 06:31 PM.
GMScud is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #154
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,199
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

Yes to inflict pain. That's football. Right? Guys on the Saints were not trying to end anyone's career.
bs:
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #155
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,199
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

Yes to inflict pain. That's football. Right?

Wrong and if someone must explain the difference to you ,well you don't know much about the "game" of football.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #156
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,199
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's saying that cause he has to. He knows he's in hot water and the league's going to over react to something that's been going on since football started. Behind closed doors he's probably saying..." what a bunch of bullshit!"

...then he should lose his job.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #157
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,728
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

From an objective point of view there should be some punishment for the Redskins. Weather that fines, cap space, or draft picks I don't know. At the very least they're getting caught violating the CBA and you can't just punish the Saints and not punish the Redskins.

I mean the Saints should probably get a heftier fine seeing as how they were investigated and asked to stop but

However saying that it happened 5 years ago as an excuse to escape punishment shouldn't really make a difference. If this had happened during the 80's or early 90's then yeah probably to late to hand out a punishment but 5 years isn't really long enough to declare oneself untouchable.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #158
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,362
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
From an objective point of view there should be some punishment for the Redskins. Weather that fines, cap space, or draft picks I don't know. At the very least they're getting caught violating the CBA and you can't just punish the Saints and not punish the Redskins.

I mean the Saints should probably get a heftier fine seeing as how they were investigated and asked to stop but

However saying that it happened 5 years ago as an excuse to escape punishment shouldn't really make a difference. If this had happened during the 80's or early 90's then yeah probably to late to hand out a punishment but 5 years isn't really long enough to declare oneself untouchable.
Stature of limitations bro. You can't go to every team he ever coached for and punish them. Because Im sure he may have done it elsewhere. Also the difference between what happened on the Redskins and what happened on the Saints is that the Saint's put this pay on their offical books which makes it taxable bonuses therefor illegal.

It one thing if it's a friendly pool between the players and coaches, it another thing when you take booked fine dollars of the team to put it toward as an incentive pay. Not mention the players and staff that may have participated in this in Washington are not here anymore.
__________________
That got ugly fast

Last edited by diehardskin2982; 03-03-2012 at 07:37 PM.
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #159
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,965
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I assume that you understand the culture of football. Right? Late hits happen every game. It's the refs opinion whether it's a flag or not. They went after Farve but I don't remember any hits where I was like.."they did that to take him out." These were not bounties where GW was asking his players to try and break a bone.
Late hits happen in the natural course of the game, sure, but if there's extra motivation behind those hits in terms of a cash incentive, that's when there's a problem.

You really don't see what's wrong with this picture? You have no problem with bounties??
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #160
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 731
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Buffalo is in hot water!
Evilgrin is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #161
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,193
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Late hits happen in the natural course of the game, sure, but if there's extra motivation behind those hits in terms of a cash incentive, that's when there's a problem.



You really don't see what's wrong with this picture? You have no problem with bounties??




Bounty is the quilted quicker picker upper!!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #162
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,705
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Where do you draw the line? From what I understand, the investigation found that bonuses were higher if you knocked an opponent out for the game. With how fast football moves, how can you differentiate trying to knock someone out for a game, season, or career? What, their LB's say, hey, I'm just gonna sprain his knee a little bit? Please man.
I haven't seen any Saints players twisting anyone knees. That's silly. First of all if they're caught the penalty is too severe. The fine from the league would surpass any cash from the team's pot. GW isn't going around telling his guys to intentionally hurt a guy and Sharper backed that up. If you knock someone out of the game then so be it....as long as it's a clean hit.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #163
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I haven't seen any Saints players twisting anyone knees. That's silly. First of all if they're caught the penalty is too severe. The fine from the league would surpass any cash from the team's pot. GW isn't going around telling his guys to intentionally hurt a guy and Sharper backed that up. If you knock someone out of the game then so be it....as long as it's a clean hit.

Are you serious? GW started a bounty program that gave EXTRA rewards for knocking key players out of the game. Is knocking someone out of a game not hurting them?

As long as it's a clean hit, huh? You're high as a kite if you really think GW said, hey, let's knock Kurt Warner's ass out of this ball game, I'll pay you thousands for, but gosh darn it, it better be clean! LOL. Yeah. Unless it's a random accident like, for example, when a guy's foot gets stuck in the turf and his knee gets all twisted up when tackled, guys typically don't get knocked out of a game on a clean hit or form tackle. What does typically knock guys out of games are head shots, giving QB's that extra drive into the turf on a sack, tackling a guy at his knees, etc etc. And hey, if you did that in GW's defense, you get extra cheddar. It might draw a flag, but that dude's hurt, and you get that bounty. That's all good, right?
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 03-03-2012 at 11:03 PM.
GMScud is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #164
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

Yes to inflict pain. That's football. Right? Guys on the Saints were not trying to end anyone's career.
and you know this because you talked to them, right? each and every one?
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #165
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,965
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Gregg Williams, Redskins played an ugly game with bounties - The Washington Post
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49465 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25