Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #526
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think what G.Will and Vick did are both heinous acts, but non-PETA loving people will never value dog's lives the same way they value people's, and for good reason. That's not to say G.Will was out trying to murder people, so don't take it that way, but the majority of people will saying intentionally trying to injure people > killing dogs. Besides, Goodell knew Vick was likely to serve time in prison, which is plenty of punishment in its' own right, and you know G.Will probably won't be spending time in any prison anytime soon.
The other aspect is that this whole situation affected the game. GW wasn't off perpetrating crimes against humanity outside the game of football...he was breaking rules and inciting violence in direct contradiction to a key mission in the modern game (safety). From societal standpoint whether inciting violence against humans is worse than killing dogs is an unanswerable question, simply a value judgement really, but the fact that he was introducing the clearly questionable (to put it lightly) practices within the game makes it contextually far more heinous.
FRPLG is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #527
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Brian Billick, NFL - ESPN

Interesting that Brian Billick doesn't think GW will ever coach again in the NFL. Good interview here with Mike & Mike and he's 100% spot on.




On Gregg Williams: 4/6 - ESPN

Golic makes very good points in this broadcast. The violent speech is held in many NFL locker rooms across the league. The only thing disturbing to him (and me) was specifically talking about taking out the outer ACL and blows to the head.
Playing fast and hard is part of football- it's a violent game by nature. And encouraging guys to play fast and tough is I'm sure part of every locker room league wide. But encouraging guys to go for ACL tears and to "kill the head" of players that are dealing with concussions is so deplorable.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #528
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,544
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Chris Kluwe, Visanthe Shiancoe go off on Gregg Williams | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #529
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,734
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

I doubt Williams is banned for life. If Vick gets off for drowning, electrocuting, and hanging dogs while participating in illegal gambling then I have a hard time believing that Williams won't get a second chance of his own.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #530
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
I wish you all would stop trying to put Vick killing dogs and Williams directing players to test a mans concussion out by hitting his head as many times as he can on the same level. Please stop this shit. The NFL didn't warn Vick to stop fighting dogs, nope! Found out about it, he went to PRISON, and then asked to come back. Send G Will to the clink and we can talk but please stop. His situation is different. They said hey Gregg, can you stop with the Bounties? 3 times they asked and he kept doing it. I just cant understand the connection.

I have a dog BTW, and I love the Lil dude.
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #531
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I doubt Williams is banned for life. If Vick gets off for drowning, electrocuting, and hanging dogs while participating in illegal gambling then I have a hard time believing that Williams won't get a second chance of his own.
Forgot the guys name on the Rams who KILLED a women driving drunk. Went through a red light and broad sided her, yet he still played. Ray Lewis obstructed justice by lying to the feds in a murder case. Although Mr. Goodell probably thinks otherwise, lying to the feds is WAY worse than lying to him. Yet Ray Lewis is one of the most popular players in the NFL and was only fined. Banning GW for life is laughable. What he did was w/out question wrong and crossed the line. But others have done worse and got a second chance. Hopefully he'll get another chance as others have.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #532
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,198
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I doubt Williams is banned for life. If Vick gets off for drowning, electrocuting, and hanging dogs while participating in illegal gambling then I have a hard time believing that Williams won't get a second chance of his own.
The only difference is that Vick was charged, convicted, and sentenced for a non football related issue. Williams on the other hand committed a severe transgression that has everything to do with the game of professional football. Williams intended to hurt HUMAN BEINGS, which is far worse than dog fighting. Gregg Williams' infraction was far worse than Vick's.

Gregg Williams is fortunate that none of the players that he intended to have hurt are not pursuing criminal charges against him. Even if they are, I haven't heard about it.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #533
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Forgot the guys name on the Rams who KILLED a women driving drunk. Went through a red light and broad sided her, yet he still played. Ray Lewis obstructed justice by lying to the feds in a murder case. Although Mr. Goodell probably thinks otherwise, lying to the feds is WAY worse than lying to him. Yet Ray Lewis is one of the most popular players in the NFL and was only fined. Banning GW for life is laughable. What he did was w/out question wrong and crossed the line. But others have done worse and got a second chance. Hopefully he'll get another chance as others have.
Leonard Little
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #534
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,803
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
I wish you all would stop trying to put Vick killing dogs and Williams directing players to test a mans concussion out by hitting his head as many times as he can on the same level. Please stop this shit. The NFL didn't warn Vick to stop fighting dogs, nope! Found out about it, he went to PRISON, and then asked to come back. Send G Will to the clink and we can talk but please stop. His situation is different. They said hey Gregg, can you stop with the Bounties? 3 times they asked and he kept doing it. I just cant understand the connection.

I have a dog BTW, and I love the Lil dude.
I also feel like because those things happened outside of the NFL, its handled a bit differently. Like the NFL hands out its own punishment along with the federal charges but GW isn't going to get thrown in jail.

I personally don't think GW getting kicked out of the NFL would be too harsh but I don't see it happening. I do expect him to be out of the NFL for a long stretch of time though, I'd be surprised if it was anything less than 5 years.

I mean geez, you saw what they did to TW and Davis and they just smoked some pot, this is actually people being physically harmed here.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #535
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Williams on the other hand committed a severe transgression that has everything to do with the game of professional football. Williams intended to hurt HUMAN BEINGS.

LOL...really,he did this where ever he went!It's not like he rolled through a stop sign .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23736 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25