Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Shanahan said what?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #61
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Shanahan said what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'm going to just post this not to start a debate/fight/whatever but just because I think its a very interesting read...


Why African-American QBs Are Systemically Trained to Abandon Mechanics | Bleacher Report
Really good article. Well-written and doesn't dance around the authors point, which is controversial.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #62
Camp Scrub
 
redskins forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23
Re: Shanahan said what?

he might have been right if, as the season went on we didnt score less points. hell i cant even remember how many times we broke 30 pts.
redskins forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #63
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,354
Re: Shanahan said what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Shanahan...loves to screw with the media, and the public. Listen to any of his pressers. It's obvious.
However, through all, there is never a shortage of people.....biting on his every word and scrutinizing same.
Take the hook out of your mouth.......
Since I am not the media then Shanahan must "love to screw" with the fan base. If thats his intention then he's an idiot.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #64
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,930
Re: Shanahan said what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'm going to just post this not to start a debate/fight/whatever but just because I think its a very interesting read...


Why African-American QBs Are Systemically Trained to Abandon Mechanics | Bleacher Report
Good article that's worth some discussion but not sure if this particular thread is the right place for it. Author makes some good, valid points.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #65
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,150
Re: Shanahan said what?

Mike Shanahan is thinking positive and trying to talk up his team. The Redskins did some excellent things on offense last year, with Jabar Gaffney and Fred Davis as heavy hitters in the passing game. But injuries to certain members of the offensive line along with Cooley's and Hightower's injury contributed to how much the offense under performed. The Redskins were ranked 16th, right in the middle of the NFL which should tell anyone that they WERE NOT a playoff caliber offense last season.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #66
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: Shanahan said what?

I like what he is saying. He is giving the players we have on the roster a little confidence, and I honestly believe without the injuries we had along the offensive line, RB, WR and TE, we could have made the playoffs. The offense got better as the season progressed (when rex was put back in), we finished 16th overall with a make shift line, no TE, and two rookie RBs. So yeah, i think that if we had stayed healthy we would have made a run at the division.

I also believe had half of the picks that went on to Rex's stats, had been caught or flat out dropped (vs tipped into defenders hands) he would have had an exceptional year. Of the 20 he threw, several we tipped or wrong routes. I am not saying he didn't make bad decisions on some of those, but there were a good bit that were not one him. Two in one game were Fred's fault for bad routes. Two I can count off Moss's hands, Armstrongs hands. I'll probably get blasted for that! LOL
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #67
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,728
Re: Shanahan said what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins forever View Post
he might have been right if, as the season went on we didnt score less points. hell i cant even remember how many times we broke 30 pts.
December 19, 2010 vs Dallas Cowboys L 33-30

closest to that

December 13, 2009 vs Oakland Raiders W 34-13

closest to that

December 23, 2007 vs Minnesota Vikings W 32- 21
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 03-06-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #68
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,432
Re: Shanahan said what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
December 19, 2010 vs Dallas Cowboys L 33-30

closest to that

December 13, 2009 vs Oakland Raiders W 34-13

closest to that

December 23, 2007 vs Minnesota Vikings W 32- 21
That's so depressing, thanks.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #69
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Shanahan said what?

If we assume:
-Rex&Beck
+good QB.
Therefore, truth.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #70
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Shanahan said what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I like what he is saying. He is giving the players we have on the roster a little confidence, and I honestly believe without the injuries we had along the offensive line, RB, WR and TE, we could have made the playoffs. The offense got better as the season progressed (when rex was put back in), we finished 16th overall with a make shift line, no TE, and two rookie RBs. So yeah, i think that if we had stayed healthy we would have made a run at the division.

I also believe had half of the picks that went on to Rex's stats, had been caught or flat out dropped (vs tipped into defenders hands) he would have had an exceptional year. Of the 20 he threw, several we tipped or wrong routes. I am not saying he didn't make bad decisions on some of those, but there were a good bit that were not one him. Two in one game were Fred's fault for bad routes. Two I can count off Moss's hands, Armstrongs hands. I'll probably get blasted for that! LOL
I think your memory is accurate. Unfortunately, Rex had some really bad INTs as well.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #71
Impact Rookie
 
DCtoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 33
Posts: 623
Re: Shanahan said what?

Look we sucked last year .. we all understand that .. but you have to admit at times Rex had the offense looking like an actual offense for the first time in YEARS .. the point he's trying to make is that the system will work once the pieces are in place ... look at the running game for example .. Hightower looked great, admit it ! He was kicking ass at first then the injury bug got em .. Helu looked great ... last 4 games we missed Davis/Williams ... no Cooley pretty much all season .. no Moss for about 5 games .. no HANK .. i mean come on ..just pointing out some bright spots .. ease up on the Shanny trash talking ... Patience .. that's all .. Patience ... he ain't stupid .. he's worked with Elway & Young so he knows we need a franchise QB ... i'll tell you this much if it aint RG3 it will be Peyton and a drafted QB to groom ... I'm all in for RG3 but regardless it's going to be fun in DC this year
__________________
"F*CK THE DALLAS JUMBOTRON"
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #72
Special Teams
 
bertoskins2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 41
Posts: 260
Re: Shanahan said what?

Shanahan said that we are not going to give farm for RG3 because we have a lot of holes to fill. saying that we need depth at every position. so need to settle with flynn or tanenhill as our QB.
bertoskins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,354
Re: Shanahan said what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoskins2 View Post
Shanahan said that we are not going to give farm for RG3 because we have a lot of holes to fill. saying that we need depth at every position. so need to settle with flynn or tanenhill as our QB.
He said that?????
C'mon.....
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,165
Re: Shanahan said what?

he probably meant qb as well
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #75
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,150
Re: Shanahan said what?

What if the Redskins feel signing Grossman is counter productive? While he knows the offense well, he committed turnovers, whether interceptions or fumbles, in every game he played in last season. Kyle Shanahan spoke highly of him recently, but that doesn't mean that he will be re-signed. John Beck, as much as I don't him, could be the primary back up behind RG3. If Jonathan Crompton impresses in training camp and preseason, Beck could be traded or released unless the Redskins decide to keep three quarterbacks.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28162 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25