Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #781
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Broncos spent a lot of time the last two days privately meeting with Weeden....now back to your regulary scheduled Peyton thread

WHAT?!
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #782
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Unpopular opinion time (yay!): I don't think Griffin has much of a chance to save Shanahans job, so much as having him a year from now makes Washington a much more intriguing option for head coaching candidates.

I think if the Redskins can make a late push and get Manning, I think they win 8 or 9 games and Shanahan probably survives the year.

For sake of continuity, Manning is so much more valuable to this organization than Griffin. But Griffin can be a very valuable piece of the future -- in his own way.

If we get stuck with Weeden, then something will need to happen during the season that justifies the offseason. Like: sweep Dallas or something similar.
Predictable disagreement time (yay!).. Unless we go into 2012 with Rex and Beck again at QB and fail miserably (2-14 fail), Shanny is here regardless.

Snyder knows this is his last chance at respectability and credibility as an owner and is not going to fire Shanahan midway through his first contract. Everyone has said that Shanahan told Snyder this was a 5 year job and he was building it for the long term, not a rapid fix. Shanahan has admitted that he underestimated how poor the roster was when he got here and has made steps to turn the roster over completely (almost). Allen is the buffer and is close enough to Snyder to talk sense into him about making a rash move.

All that being said, if Snyder is more focused on selling jerseys than winning (as he's been accused of) and is desperately seeking A) a franchise QB he has so coveted and B) a face of the franchise to market endlessly, then why would he fire and undo all the work of the man who brings all of that to the team in Griffin? That dog just don't hunt.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #783
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Predictable disagreement time (yay!).. Unless we go into 2012 with Rex and Beck again at QB and fail miserably (2-14 fail), Shanny is here regardless.

Snyder knows this is his last chance at respectability and credibility as an owner and is not going to fire Shanahan midway through his first contract. Everyone has said that Shanahan told Snyder this was a 5 year job and he was building it for the long term, not a rapid fix. Shanahan has admitted that he underestimated how poor the roster was when he got here and has made steps to turn the roster over completely (almost). Allen is the buffer and is close enough to Snyder to talk sense into him about making a rash move.

All that being said, if Snyder is more focused on selling jerseys than winning (as he's been accused of) and is desperately seeking A) a franchise QB he has so coveted and B) a face of the franchise to market endlessly, then why would he fire and undo all the work of the man who brings all of that to the team in Griffin? That dog just don't hunt.
Mike's statement is completely meaningless. If there's no improvement in three years he absolutely doesn't deserve a fourth, let alone a fifth. I think the question is whether improvement will be in the form of a (significantly) better record this season or molding the franchise QB.

The other outcome is we're neither significantly improved this season nor molding a franchise QB, and then retaining the Shanny regime would just be stupid.
The Goat is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #784
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,539
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

I think that landing either Peyton or RGIII would earn Shanny another year after the upcoming one. If we don't get either of them, then he might be in trouble after another losing season.

While numerous teams are scrambling to land PM, I think the Skins should make their move with St. Louis and get the deal for the #2 pick done, to be official at the start of the league year. And, for goodness sake, don't let sending a second round pick to St. Louis this year stand in the way.

If the Skins believe that RGIII can be a top QB in the NFL for 10 years, they need to get the deal done ASAP. In the long run, what is the significance of giving up one second round pick compared to getting RGIII? Answer: It's inconsequential.

Landing RGIII at the start of FA would help the Skins with Free Agents, as well. Maybe not quite as much as landing PM would, but it would help.

My message to the Skins: Forget about PM. Sneak in under the radar and get RGIII. Don't wrangle about one pick. Just git-r-done.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 03-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #785
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I think that landing either Peyton or RGIII would earn Shanny another year after the upcoming one. If we don't get either of them, then he might be in trouble after another losing season.

While numerous teams are scrambling to land PM, I think the Skins should make their move with St. Louis and get the deal for the #2 pick done, to be official at the start of the league year. And, for goodness sake, don't let sending a second round pick to St. Louis this year stand in the way.

If the Skins believe that RGIII can be a top QB in the NFL for 10 years, they need to get the deal done ASAP. What is one second round pick, in the long run? Answer: It's inconsequential.

Landing RGIII at the start of FA would help the Skins with Free Agents, as well. Maybe not quite as much as landing PM would, but it would help.

My message to the Skins: Forget about PM. Sneak in under the radar and get RGIII. Don't wrangle about one pick. Just git-r-done.
Unless the deal is contingent upon a healthy RG3 being available and the Rams having a better idea of who and what to expect at 6 I don't see why either team would make a deal other then to make us feel better for the next month and three quarters. Also keep in mind Flynn might become a Brown leaving the bidding for RG3 between us, Kansas City, and Seattle.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #786
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

WHAT?!
But wait!...there's more

Peyton Manning to visit with John Elway, Broncos today - The Denver Post
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #787
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Elway better watch out for lightning bolts!
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #788
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,996
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Perhaps Tebow is only John the Baptist, not the savior.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #789
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Llamf!!!!! ^^^^^^^
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #790
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter that, in the "estimation of many people around the league," the Dolphins are losing steam in the sweepstakes for free agent Peyton Manning.

Without providing detail, Schefter cited the same reasons that drove away Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Fisher. "I think there are certain circumstances that prevented certain people from choosing Miami," Schefter said. "And I think that those factors will come into play with Peyton Manning." Added Schefter, "I think their chances right now are dwindling some. ... Miami doesn't seem to have an advantage that it did a few days ago, in the estimation of many people around the league."
Mar 9 - 1:20 PM
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #791
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,555
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter that, in the "estimation of many people around the league," the Dolphins are losing steam in the sweepstakes for free agent Peyton Manning.

Without providing detail, Schefter cited the same reasons that drove away Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Fisher. "I think there are certain circumstances that prevented certain people from choosing Miami," Schefter said. "And I think that those factors will come into play with Peyton Manning." Added Schefter, "I think their chances right now are dwindling some. ... Miami doesn't seem to have an advantage that it did a few days ago, in the estimation of many people around the league."
Mar 9 - 1:20 PM
good stuff...what are these factors? Gotta be something funny in the FO that doesnt sit right with people...interesting both those very solid coaches and people walked from Miami in Fisher and Harbaugh
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #792
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
good stuff...what are these factors? Gotta be something funny in the FO that doesnt sit right with people...interesting both those very solid coaches and people walked from Miami in Fisher and Harbaugh
Miami has terrible karma after the Lebron/Bosh fiasco and the Hurricane recruiting scandal. Plus they've already got two World Series, CF National Championships (worthless), and an NBA title over the past few decades.

Good karma will be hard to come by. Maybe a deal with the devil? :FIREdevil
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #793
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Manning going anywhere but Miami doesn't help our chance of getting RG3. Although I think everything is in the hands of the Browns.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #794
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

He should play in Arizona as far as I'm concerned. That seems like a great fit.

I wonder if Elway will show up to tonight's dinner wearing his two Super Bowl rings and be like "Oh...you only have one ring. I'm so sorry"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #795
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter that, in the "estimation of many people around the league," the Dolphins are losing steam in the sweepstakes for free agent Peyton Manning.

Without providing detail, Schefter cited the same reasons that drove away Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Fisher. "I think there are certain circumstances that prevented certain people from choosing Miami," Schefter said. "And I think that those factors will come into play with Peyton Manning." Added Schefter, "I think their chances right now are dwindling some. ... Miami doesn't seem to have an advantage that it did a few days ago, in the estimation of many people around the league."
Mar 9 - 1:20 PM
Wow interesting and people say our FO is F'ed up.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32352 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25