Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #1021
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Arizona makes the most sense, just not sure that financially Arizona can make it work. Whereas Denver can, and they can bring in his guys
I wonder if Peyton has any issue with knowing that he will bump Tebow out of town?

Denver seems desperate to do that anyway, regardless if PM goes there or not.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #1022
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Well if he went to Miami he wouldn't bump anyone out of town really. Otherwise it's Tebow in Denver or Kolb in Arizona.

Speaking of Miami, as I had mentioned a few months back it really looks like Flynn to Seattle. And if that's the case, and no Manning there then what do the Dolphins do?....Jason Campbell?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #1023
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well if he went to Miami he wouldn't bump anyone out of town really. Otherwise it's Tebow in Denver or Kolb in Arizona.

Speaking of Miami, as I had mentioned a few months back it really looks like Flynn to Seattle. And if that's the case, and no Manning there then what do the Dolphins do?....Jason Campbell?
Maybe Miami gets desperate and trades up for Tannehill?

Or do they go pick up the scraps from Manning and go for Tebowmania, or Kolbmania?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #1024
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Maybe Miami gets desperate and trades up for Tannehill?

Or do they go pick up the scraps from Manning and go for Tebowmania, or Kolbmania?
I was watching NFLN last night and that's what they suggested, Tannehill probably won't last beyond Miami at 7. Amazing how we were talking about Tannehill as a 2nd round prospect when the season was over and now we're talking about him not even making it out of the top ten. And he hasn't even done anything besides break his foot lol.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #1025
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I was watching NFLN last night and that's what they suggested, Tannehill probably won't last beyond Miami at 7. Amazing how we were talking about Tannehill as a 2nd round prospect when the season was over and now we're talking about him not even making it out of the top ten. And he hasn't even done anything besides break his foot lol.
Just wait til his pro day.

I wouldn't rule out Cleveland considering him at #4.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #1026
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just wait til his pro day.

I wouldn't rule out Cleveland considering him at #4.
True. Vikings may be winners in all of this if Miami trades up to beat Cleveland. We could have QB's going 1-2-3 in the draft this year lol.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #1027
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
True. Vikings may be winners in all of this if Miami trades up to beat Cleveland. We could have QB's going 1-2-3 in the draft this year lol.
Yeah, that's why I was saying the Redskins were feeling they might have to move up because rumors were starting to circulate that Tannehill was going to be a top 5 pick
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1028
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah, that's why I was saying the Redskins were feeling they might have to move up because rumors were starting to circulate that Tannehill was going to be a top 5 pick
Ah. Good call apparently.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1029
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah, that's why I was saying the Redskins were feeling they might have to move up because rumors were starting to circulate that Tannehill was going to be a top 5 pick
Cleveland is crazy desperate, nothing would surprise me
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #1030
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah, that's why I was saying the Redskins were feeling they might have to move up because rumors were starting to circulate that Tannehill was going to be a top 5 pick
I wonder if this would help the Dolphins. I am sure they would rather pick up Tannehill, but that would be one less team in the Flynn sweepstakes.

The guys from Football Today were saying that no one wants to touch the Dolphins right now. I think Flynn may be their only option with Philbin.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #1031
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I wonder if this would help the Dolphins. I am sure they would rather pick up Tannehill, but that would be one less team in the Flynn sweepstakes.

The guys from Football Today were saying that no one wants to touch the Dolphins right now. I think Flynn may be their only option with Philbin.
I wonder what the deal is with that. I mean I get that Stephen Ross is like a young Dan Snyder with no idea how to build a team, but do people really not like the FO setup there that much that nobody wants to sign with them?
mooby is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #1032
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I wonder what the deal is with that. I mean I get that Stephen Ross is like a young Dan Snyder with no idea how to build a team, but do people really not like the FO setup there that much that nobody wants to sign with them?
Well Fisher rejected him, now Manning. People always talk crap about us, but this is 100 times worst than anything we've been through in the MS regime (as far as reputation).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1033
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well Fisher rejected him, now Manning. People always talk crap about us, but this is 100 times worst than anything we've been through in the MS regime (as far as reputation).
Seriously. It doesn't sound like Peyton will be the last FA to reject them. They could be the new us in terms of agents mentioning their name to drive up the price of a FA contract.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #1034
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well Fisher rejected him, now Manning. People always talk crap about us, but this is 100 times worst than anything we've been through in the MS regime (as far as reputation).
Totally off topic, but do you host that radio show that's linked in your sig?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #1035
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Colts Officially Release Peyton Manning (QB Thread #11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I wonder if Peyton has any issue with knowing that he will bump Tebow out of town?

Denver seems desperate to do that anyway, regardless if PM goes there or not.
Billick said it best. "if they don't want him, why would I?"

Tebow couldn't have ended the year in better position and through no action he is looking at starting all over again potentially.
FRPLG is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36668 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25