Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #931
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,357
I'm stoked about our offensive moves so far, PG and JM will no doubt help Griff not to mention Fred over the middle and moss in the slot, hank coming up. Very exciting
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #932
Special Teams
 
iRepDMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 9 Minutes from FedEx Field
Age: 27
Posts: 134
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Am I the only one who thinks were trying to build our offense like the New York Giants?

-QB: Traded up to get our guy
>Eli Manning/Robert Griffin (Possibly Andrew Luck)

-WRs:
>Hakeem Nicks/Leonard Hankerson (Suppose to be the big physical no.1 with huge hands)
>Victor Cruz/Pierre Garcon (Stretches the field with speed)
>Mario Manningham/Josh Morgan (YAC-type reciever)

-RBs: 1-2 punch change pace at the RB position:
>Ahamad Bradshaw/Roy Helu (Speedsters)
>Brandon Jacobs/Tim Hightower..Evan Royster (Straight-line runners with power) (Not saying that Royster is a power runner like Jacobs)

*Yes, I'm aware that Jacobs and Manningham are no longer with the Giants*

I think maybe Im just looking to deep into it. Are you guys seeing the same thing?
__________________
RIP SEAN TAYLOR. It's very rare that your favorite player passes away!

Hope to witness the Washington Redskins win a Super Bowl before my eyes . . . HTTR!
iRepDMV is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #933
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

^If Pierre Garcon starts doing some homo dance after every score, I'll flip out.

I hate seeing Cruz score a TD...not just because the Giants just picked up 6 points but because we have to endure that dance again.

I don't see many comparisons between Eli and RG3 other than draft position. Two completely different skill sets.

Every team wants a #1, a possession guy and a speedster.

Many teams do not have a clear #1 RB.


You're stretching.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #934
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,219
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepDMV View Post
Am I the only one who thinks were trying to build our offense like the New York Giants?

You could say all teams in the NFL are trying to do just that, and not just trying to build our offense like the Giants. Two different systems.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #935
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
^If Pierre Garcon starts doing some homo dance after every score, I'll flip out.

I hate seeing Cruz score a TD...not just because the Giants just picked up 6 points but because we have to endure that dance again.

I don't see many comparisons between Eli and RG3 other than draft position. Two completely different skill sets.

Every team wants a #1, a possession guy and a speedster.

Many teams do not have a clear #1 RB.


You're stretching.
Hehe!! That's hilarious!
The Goat is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #936
Special Teams
 
iRepDMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 9 Minutes from FedEx Field
Age: 27
Posts: 134
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
^If Pierre Garcon starts doing some homo dance after every score, I'll flip out.

I hate seeing Cruz score a TD...not just because the Giants just picked up 6 points but because we have to endure that dance again.

I don't see many comparisons between Eli and RG3 other than draft position. Two completely different skill sets.

Every team wants a #1, a possession guy and a speedster.

Many teams do not have a clear #1 RB.


You're stretching.
Yea I was talking trading-up wise lol.
__________________
RIP SEAN TAYLOR. It's very rare that your favorite player passes away!

Hope to witness the Washington Redskins win a Super Bowl before my eyes . . . HTTR!
iRepDMV is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #937
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepDMV View Post
Yea I was talking trading-up wise lol.
Are the Giants the only other team to trade up to get a QB?
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #938
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,734
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Are the Giants the only other team to trade up to get a QB?
No.

2011
Jaguars - Blaine Gabbert

2009
Jets - Mark Sanchez
Bucs - Josh Freeman

2008
Ravens - Joe Flacco

2007
Browns - Brady Quinn

2006
Broncos - Jay Cutler

2005
Redskins - Jason Campbell

2004
Giants - Eli Manning
Bills - JP Losman

2003
Ravens - Kyle Boller (2003 2nd Rounder and 2004 1st Rounder to New England)

2001
Falcons - Michael Vick
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #939
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,843
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
No.

2011
Jaguars - Blaine Gabbert

2009
Jets - Mark Sanchez
Bucs - Josh Freeman

2008
Ravens - Joe Flacco

2007
Browns - Brady Quinn

2006
Broncos - Jay Cutler

2005
Redskins - Jason Campbell

2004
Giants - Eli Manning
Bills - JP Losman

2003
Ravens - Kyle Boller (2003 2nd Rounder and 2004 1st Rounder to New England)

2001
Falcons - Michael Vick
I would venture to guess we probably paid more than all of those teams for ours, however.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #940
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,734
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
I would venture to guess we probably paid more than all of those teams for ours, however.
Yes. No one has traded more in terms of picks for a QB then the Redskins this year.

Also speaking of 1st round QBs
Can you name the quarterbacks taken in the first round of the NFL Draft since 1983? | Online Games & Trivia by Sporcle

I got 52 of 65 right, I deducted one for Bucs QB 1987, as with a few QB's I couldn't spell the names of I used Google to get the correct spelling (especially for guys like Steelers QB 2004) but I was technically guessing the Jets in 83 not the Bucs in 87 which in retrospect was a really stupid guess.

Anyway in all I used google for the correct spelling on Raiders QB 2007, Steelers QB 2004, Bears QB 1999, and Seahawks QB 1993.

Ironically enough I spelt 49ers QB 1997 right on the first try.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #941
Special Teams
 
iRepDMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 9 Minutes from FedEx Field
Age: 27
Posts: 134
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Are the Giants the only other team to trade up to get a QB?
No. What was your point of asking?
__________________
RIP SEAN TAYLOR. It's very rare that your favorite player passes away!

Hope to witness the Washington Redskins win a Super Bowl before my eyes . . . HTTR!
iRepDMV is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #942
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
^If Pierre Garcon starts doing some homo dance after every score, I'll flip out.



I hate seeing Cruz score a TD...not just because the Giants just picked up 6 points but because we have to endure that dance again.



I don't see many comparisons between Eli and RG3 other than draft position. Two completely different skill sets.



Every team wants a #1, a possession guy and a speedster.



Many teams do not have a clear #1 RB.





You're stretching.


What's homo about the salsa?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28560 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25