Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #1141
Registered User
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,035
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

He is way faster than Hernandez, maybe a better blocker? He fast as hell and physical. Damn I'm gettng excited about the Shanaplan now.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #1142
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Paul playing this role will definitely benefit RGIII on runs.

I guess we can rule out him being a kick returner now.

With Gaffney's departure, I expect one of Banks or Austin to make the team as a returner. I'm not sure Aldrick Robinson is 53-man roster material...could be on PS again. I doubt we'll roster Paul as a TE with Cooley, Davis and Paulsen already in the position, we won't keep 4 TEs.

Garcon
Moss
Hankerson
Morgan
Paul
Armstrong
Banks or Austin
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1143
Registered User
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,035
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Paul playing this role will definitely benefit RGIII on runs.

I guess we can rule out him being a kick returner now.

With Gaffney's departure, I expect one of Banks or Austin to make the team as a returner. I'm not sure Aldrick Robinson is 53-man roster material...could be on PS again. I doubt we'll roster Paul as a TE with Cooley, Davis and Paulsen already in the position, we won't keep 4 TEs.

Garcon
Moss
Hankerson
Morgan
Paul
Armstrong
Banks or Austin


Let the training camp competition begin....
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #1144
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Niles Paul preparing to switch to tight end - The Insider - The Washington Post
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #1145
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

I hope Paul playing TE doesn't spell the end for Cooley. Will be hard to keep 4 TEs on the roster, unless they don't count Paul as a TE per se.

Paul will likely become the best blocking TE on the roster. Don't worry about his size, remember that all the O linemen are on the small side & the ZB scheme calls for a lot of stretch & open field blocking. He will have trouble adjusting to pass pro against bigger & equally quick OLB/DEs but he'll learn.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #1146
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I hope Paul playing TE doesn't spell the end for Cooley. Will be hard to keep 4 TEs on the roster, unless they don't count Paul as a TE per se.

Paul will likely become the best blocking TE on the roster. Don't worry about his size, remember that all the O linemen are on the small side & the ZB scheme calls for a lot of stretch & open field blocking. He will have trouble adjusting to pass pro against bigger & equally quick OLB/DEs but he'll learn.
I know alot of people like Cooley but he is about done.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #1147
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,229
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Paul playing this role will definitely benefit RGIII on runs.



I guess we can rule out him being a kick returner now.



With Gaffney's departure, I expect one of Banks or Austin to make the team as a returner. I'm not sure Aldrick Robinson is 53-man roster material...could be on PS again. I doubt we'll roster Paul as a TE with Cooley, Davis and Paulsen already in the position, we won't keep 4 TEs.



Garcon

Moss

Hankerson

Morgan

Paul

Armstrong

Banks or Austin


I still say we draft a WR.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #1148
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I know alot of people like Cooley but he is about done.
I somewhat find that hard to believe
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #1149
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I somewhat find that hard to believe
Yeah thats the general response for a guy who is so well liked. Two of the last 3 years he has had injury riddled seasons. We know he's role has been reduced and Fred has emerged as a better playmaker at this time. Like to see him back and still think he can contribute. But if he is gonna be hurt again this year, its time to let him go.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #1150
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I somewhat find that hard to believe
Cooley is a stud in the right system but I'm not sure how well he fits w/ what Mike/Kyle do. A speedier TE probably gets the nod. It's a bummer to be sure because one of Cooley's greatest strengths was finding the open space...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #1151
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

He fit just fine in this offense when he was healthy in 2010.

If his knee is right I think he'll have a significant role.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #1152
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

If Cooley stays healthy, he'll be productive for many more years.

If he misses most of this season though, we have to move on...a Landry-like situation where a great player becomes an expensive liability because he can't get on the field.

A healthy Cooley with Davis and now Paul in the position is scary for defenses, especially with the WRs we've added and RGIII throwing to them...plus a more than competent run game. We could be a very explosive offense.

1991 all over again? Maybe not but we'll see.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #1153
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Do you think with the weight Paul has put on they would use him as a pass catching FB.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #1154
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
If Cooley stays healthy, he'll be productive for many more years.

If he misses most of this season though, we have to move on...a Landry-like situation where a great player becomes an expensive liability because he can't get on the field.A healthy Cooley with Davis and now Paul in the position is scary for defenses, especially with the WRs we've added and RGIII throwing to them...plus a more than competent run game. We could be a very explosive offense.

1991 all over again? Maybe not but we'll see.
well said Monkey Man
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #1155
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Banks is done; and Austin and Armstrong can follow behind; we will draft a slot WR/returner in the mid rounds
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28985 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25