Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #1201
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

It seems Santana Moss is attempting to get the explosiveness back that he had around six or seven years ago. Dropping 15 pounds will aid in his speed. With the new weapons Garcon and Morgan in addition to RG3, the Redskins will surely improve upon that terrible 18 point a game average from last season. If by chance they can score over 30 points in at least six of their games something tells me that they could not only win the NFC East, but go deep into the playoffs.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #1202
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
It seems Santana Moss is attempting to get the explosiveness back that he had around six or seven years ago. Dropping 15 pounds will aid in his speed. With the new weapons Garcon and Morgan in addition to RG3, the Redskins will surely improve upon that terrible 18 point a game average from last season. If by chance they can score over 30 points in at least six of their games something tells me that they could not only win the NFC East, but go deep into the playoffs.
He may get faster, but he is also losing that extra weight/padding with his bones taking harder hits; thus more injury prone. I hope he stays healthy but we'll see.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #1203
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,578
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

moss always seems to be pretty good at avoiding the big, direct hit, whether its tap dancing his way our of bounds, doing that twirly move he does or sliding down. that said, it only takes one shot.
im excited to see moss finally being moved to the slot where he should have been years ago, we finally seem to have the right personnel at WR to do it. i dont now about garcon though, im not sure he is a legit no 1. good 2, just not a legit no 1.
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #1204
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Moss is very likely to have most yards among the WR corp for several reasons. The biggest is his knowledge of the system/playbook, and also because that comfort level on the field goes such a long way. His level of comfort/confidence will make him a favorite target for Griffin.
But there are other important reasons Moss is the favorite. Garcon is certainly the other favorite candidate for the title, but the only system/playbook he's known at the pro level is very different from ours. I've watched all the youtube highlights I can find on Garcon and notice two big things about the Indy offense. Most receptions seem to happen right after the snap w/ a quick slant or a well placed ball right over the shoulder about 25-35 yards down-field. It's a system that emphasizes quickness/speed by the WR and accuracy by the QB, all things Indy had plenty of throughout the Peyton era. Griffin can probably make both plays, and maybe we'll see the dynamic duo (mike and kyle) change the offense. But I kinda doubt it. Probably more drop backs, roll-outs and play-action. And these tend to emphasize the WR finding open areas on the field IMO. Tana is very good at it. Garcon may be as well but I just didn't see it much/enough in the highlights to say. He seemed to struggle working underneath. On the other hand he looked fearless going across the middle more than a few times.
Morgan and Hankerson aren't likely to compete for the top WR spot. Both have injury concerns and little knowledge/familiarity in the system and playbook.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #1205
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,231
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Moss is very likely to have most yards among the WR corp for several reasons. The biggest is his knowledge of the system/playbook, and also because that comfort level on the field goes such a long way. His level of comfort/confidence will make him a favorite target for Griffin.
But there are other important reasons Moss is the favorite. Garcon is certainly the other favorite candidate for the title, but the only system/playbook he's known at the pro level is very different from ours. I've watched all the youtube highlights I can find on Garcon and notice two big things about the Indy offense. Most receptions seem to happen right after the snap w/ a quick slant or a well placed ball right over the shoulder about 25-35 yards down-field. It's a system that emphasizes quickness/speed by the WR and accuracy by the QB, all things Indy had plenty of throughout the Peyton era. Griffin can probably make both plays, and maybe we'll see the dynamic duo (mike and kyle) change the offense. But I kinda doubt it. Probably more drop backs, roll-outs and play-action. And these tend to emphasize the WR finding open areas on the field IMO. Tana is very good at it. Garcon may be as well but I just didn't see it much/enough in the highlights to say. He seemed to struggle working underneath. On the other hand he looked fearless going across the middle more than a few times.
Morgan and Hankerson aren't likely to compete for the top WR spot. Both have injury concerns and little knowledge/familiarity in the system and playbook.

By the time the season starts they all will know the system.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #1206
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,231
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Moss is very likely to have most yards among the WR corp for several reasons. The biggest is his knowledge of the system/playbook, and also because that comfort level on the field goes such a long way. His level of comfort/confidence will make him a favorite target for Griffin.
But there are other important reasons Moss is the favorite. Garcon is certainly the other favorite candidate for the title, but the only system/playbook he's known at the pro level is very different from ours. I've watched all the youtube highlights I can find on Garcon and notice two big things about the Indy offense. Most receptions seem to happen right after the snap w/ a quick slant or a well placed ball right over the shoulder about 25-35 yards down-field. It's a system that emphasizes quickness/speed by the WR and accuracy by the QB, all things Indy had plenty of throughout the Peyton era. Griffin can probably make both plays, and maybe we'll see the dynamic duo (mike and kyle) change the offense. But I kinda doubt it. Probably more drop backs, roll-outs and play-action. And these tend to emphasize the WR finding open areas on the field IMO. Tana is very good at it. Garcon may be as well but I just didn't see it much/enough in the highlights to say. He seemed to struggle working underneath. On the other hand he looked fearless going across the middle more than a few times.
Morgan and Hankerson aren't likely to compete for the top WR spot. Both have injury concerns and little knowledge/familiarity in the system and playbook.
By your logic, Arellious Benn will have more yards than Vincent Jackson, and since when does Pierre Garcon have injury concerns
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #1207
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
By your logic, Arellious Benn will have more yards than Vincent Jackson, and since when does Pierre Garcon have injury concerns
Don't see where I said Garcon has injury issues...never heard of any. You seem to relish pointing out how I always have "bad" logic. They're my opinions from observation, nothing more, and you don't seem to have a response other than "that sucks." Just put me on the ignore list or something, ok?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #1208
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
By your logic, Arellious Benn will have more yards than Vincent Jackson, and since when does Pierre Garcon have injury concerns
by your logic, will = is very likely to

please choose the most appropriate phrase:
don rickles is very likely to die.
don rickles will die.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #1209
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
moss always seems to be pretty good at avoiding the big, direct hit, whether its tap dancing his way our of bounds, doing that twirly move he does or sliding down. that said, it only takes one shot.
im excited to see moss finally being moved to the slot where he should have been years ago, we finally seem to have the right personnel at WR to do it. i dont now about garcon though, im not sure he is a legit no 1. good 2, just not a legit no 1.
Garcon is a legit #1 receiver simply because he's being paid like one. We've seen flashes of good receiving from him during his time in Indy. But he wasn't a #1 receiver then. We shouldn't expect for him to put up Megatron type numbers, but then again he just might.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #1210
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,021
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Garcon is a legit #1 receiver simply because he's being paid like one. We've seen flashes of good receiving from him during his time in Indy. But he wasn't a #1 receiver then. We shouldn't expect for him to put up Megatron type numbers, but then again he just might.
I'm not sure that a pay check alone makes someone a "legit" #1 receiver.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #1211
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Don't see where I said Garcon has injury issues...never heard of any. You seem to relish pointing out how I always have "bad" logic. They're my opinions from observation, nothing more, and you don't seem to have a response other than "that sucks." Just put me on the ignore list or something, ok?
In fairness, your opinion seems consistently weighted towards "they know the playbook/system" better. Whether it is Moss or Gaffney, it appears that your opinion gives, what seems to me and others, an inordinate amount of weight to this factor.

Knowledge of the playbook/system is important but not, in my opinion, decisive. While some adjustment will be needed, and in my opinion, Garcon (like Jackson in Tampa Bay) is simply the most talented receiver on the squad right now. As such, while their will be some time for adjustment, I expect that will not take as long as you might think.

Ultimately, talent will win out. Moss will be a solid maybe even terrific slot WR. Garcon has the talent to be a game breaker.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #1212
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
In fairness, your opinion seems consistently weighted towards "they know the playbook/system" better. Whether it is Moss or Gaffney, it appears that your opinion gives, what seems to me and others, an inordinate amount of weight to this factor.

Knowledge of the playbook/system is important but not, in my opinion, decisive. While some adjustment will be needed, and in my opinion, Garcon (like Jackson in Tampa Bay) is simply the most talented receiver on the squad right now. As such, while their will be some time for adjustment, I expect that will not take as long as you might think.

Ultimately, talent will win out. Moss will be a solid maybe even terrific slot WR. Garcon has the talent to be a game breaker.
All good points. Playbook for a WR should not be that horribly difficult to understand. I would say that Hankerson should have a TERRIFIC grasp on the playbook this year. All he has known at the pro level is our system, and Im sure he has been studying after the two offseason acquisitions in Morgan and Garcon. You think he doesn't feel threatened by those two guys being here? Of course he does, and being a second year WR, he wants his playing time, because he knows that he has all the tools going for him to excel. The only question I have with Hank is his injury, and we will see this offseason how bad it has slowed down his growth and progression.

I understand that Chad OchoSinko couldn't understand playbooks well. But that does not mean that a vast majority of NFL pedigree WR's will have an issue learning them. Look at Victor Cruz. Undrafted rookie. Seemed to pick up the Giants playbook rather well. And he played varying amounts of time at the 1 and 2 spots, as well as in the slot during the season. Look at how well Brandon Marshall did with the Dolphins after moving from Denver. And that was with HORRIBLE QB play. Look at Santonio Holmes in NY. After sitting out the first four games, he came to a brand new team, and functioned rather well, even though they had a number one receiver there at the time. He had the playbook down fine. If Mr. Personality Disorder and Mr. Squad Discontent can get the playbooks down, I have no reason to think it will be a bane to any one of our guys.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #1213
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,231
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Don't see where I said Garcon has injury issues...never heard of any. You seem to relish pointing out how I always have "bad" logic. They're my opinions from observation, nothing more, and you don't seem to have a response other than "that sucks." Just put me on the ignore list or something, ok?
Did I say "that sucks?" I was pointing out that you say since Santana knows the system he should have more yards than Garcon and company. Did I say your logic was bad? Also, don't tell me who to ignore, if you make a statement that I don't agree with I will respond to it. Don't like it? Don't post.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #1214
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I'm not sure that a pay check alone makes someone a "legit" #1 receiver.
Unless Garcon were injured, how would he look making all of that money and playing average? Of course he has to prove that he's worth what the Redskins are paying him. But then question is can he do it?
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #1215
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins Add WRs Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan

I was reading that Josh Morgan still hasn't recovered from his broken ankle almost 8 months ago. I really wished that we have gotten Royal over Josh morgan, but apparently royals a little b*tch for wimping out of a handshake offer with us.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32095 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25