Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #91
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,862
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

I like the idea that RGIII could be our franchise quarterback, a young guy with tons of potential and the ability for us to groom. But i worry about how fast people will want results, are they willing to accept a couple of seasons of 3 or 4 wins while our new guy learns on the fly. Another thing is, if they start RGIII from the beginning, how patient will Snyder be with Shanahan if we regress again this year, even if it is for the long-term good. (RGIII, new receivers, etc....)

I would try and be patient if I saw good things out of RGIII. I feel this is totally a different situation than when we drafted Jason Campbell. Campbells stock was going to fall to possibly the 3rd round or later, yet Gibbs still traded up to get him, something no other coach would have done. Other than a few lucky moments, Campbell I dont feel ever showed that "it", that you look for in franchise QB's. He looked like a backup QB who was suddenly starting. And lo and behold, 7 seasons later, he is relegated to a journeyman backup QB who is signing one year deals.

I'm not hating on JC i'm just saying I hope people can accept waiting for at least a little while to see if RGIII is the real deal before saying the skins are a failure if we win only a few games for the next couple of seasons...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #92
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,521
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I like the idea that RGIII could be our franchise quarterback, a young guy with tons of potential and the ability for us to groom. But i worry about how fast people will want results, are they willing to accept a couple of seasons of 3 or 4 wins while our new guy learns on the fly. Another thing is, if they start RGIII from the beginning, how patient will Snyder be with Shanahan if we regress again this year, even if it is for the long-term good. (RGIII, new receivers, etc....)

I would try and be patient if I saw good things out of RGIII. I feel this is totally a different situation than when we drafted Jason Campbell. Campbells stock was going to fall to possibly the 3rd round or later, yet Gibbs still traded up to get him, something no other coach would have done. Other than a few lucky moments, Campbell I dont feel ever showed that "it", that you look for in franchise QB's. He looked like a backup QB who was suddenly starting. And lo and behold, 7 seasons later, he is relegated to a journeyman backup QB who is signing one year deals.

I'm not hating on JC i'm just saying I hope people can accept waiting for at least a little while to see if RGIII is the real deal before saying the skins are a failure if we win only a few games for the next couple of seasons...
Actually JC was supposed to go to the Browns in the early 2nd round hence the trade up.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #93
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,862
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

Really? Thats fascenating for me to hear that now, no sarcasm intended. Somebody on here a year or so ago posted an old article from scout.com or something like that about JC prior to the NFL draft, and how they were speculating that he might drop to the 3rd round, and how also, with the pick that we had, it was feasible that the skins could have drafted Aaron Rodgers with the exact same pick we used on Jason Campbell. I might have some of this info wrong, but that was the jist of it. Somebody on here might be able to find the thread, it was really neat to see that kind of insight on JC so many years after the fact and how many of his criticisms he had coming out of college were the exact same things we as redskins fans griped about on here...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #94
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

I think the Redskins are going to end up with Andrew Luck. The Colts are going to want RGIII .
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #95
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,878
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

Why would anyone want to work for the Redskins besides more money being thrown at you? I can't honestly say getting drafted by the Redskins is ideal.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #96
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Why would anyone want to work for the Redskins besides more money being thrown at you? I can't honestly say getting drafted by the Redskins is ideal.
Just don't watch the redskins anymore or be a fan then. We all know this team has been horribly managed since synder has owned them. Since Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan been how many age the hill FA's have we signed? We all know the Mcnabb trade was a failure.

I see this trade for the #2 pick as change how we acquire players. Yes we gave up 3 picks to move up to 2 but at least it's for a young QB.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3yc4xj
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #97
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
Just don't watch the redskins anymore or be a fan then. We all know this team has been horribly managed since synder has owned them. Since Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan been how many over the hill FA's have we signed? We all know the Mcnabb trade was a failure.

I see this trade for the #2 pick as change how we acquire players. Yes we gave up 3 picks to move up to 2 but at least it's for a young QB.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3yc4xj



---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ay5me0
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #98
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 710
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

"Nobody wins in Washington" "Not Lately". Takes one year to turn the ship around ya dumb bimbo.

Look at her little picture too haggard broad.
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #99
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 710
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Why would anyone want to work for the Redskins besides more money being thrown at you? I can't honestly say getting drafted by the Redskins is ideal.
yup. you were never a free agent. fair contract. no extra media attention.
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #100
Camp Scrub
 
redskinsflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Re: RG III Should Scramble Away From D.C.

reading the first few posts I refused to even read it no need to waste my time!
redskinsflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26541 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25