Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Thoughts on the new Skins throwbacks?
Thumbs up 84 83.17%
Thumbs down 17 16.83%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (10) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #181
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

I don't truly likes these new Redskins uniforms. It will take some getting used to.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #182
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,273
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

whoever made that gray seahawks alternate needs to be dragged outside and the shit beat out of him.
__________________
Ain't Nothin Like a Good B Western.

YEEHAW
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #183
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I don't truly likes these new Redskins uniforms. It will take some getting used to.
what don't you like?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #184
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,828
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
what don't you like?
Agreed. They didn't change anything really
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #185
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Although the gloves look cool with the team logo on the palms...it is quite a gimmick...certainly a branding guy's dream come true.....but from the perspective of a QB in a downpour, it may be more difficult to see the hands of the receivers.
I am sure teams with a brighter icon on the gloves may have an advantage when their QB's are trying to see the hands of their receivers.
I would have loved to see solid Gold Gloves...that would have stood out and been quite a good advantage
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #186
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Here's the Draft Day Cap that RG3 will be putting on:

Damn, thats ugly
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #187
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

i doubt they will all be wearing the cleats and gloves. i feel like most guys like to do their own thing spatted cleets, ankle braces, etc
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #188
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

More stupid bullshit to fleece the fans with. I have one Skins cap to replace my older one that had its brim start to wear out and a jersey I bought from 2002. That is enough for me. You will get idiots that will buy all these new designs etc, and get thrown back a few hundred dollars. The NFL/ and the other corporate stooges will do anything to get the fans to dish out tons of dough for stuff they don't need. At the same time, the NFL's product suffers from mediocrity. You have 32 teams, and only a handful are really good teams. So much for parity!!!!! Yeah it is parity alright, but most of the teams suck. But oh what wonderful new uniforms they wear, we must part with $200 to see a bunch of morons play crappy football.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #189
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
More stupid bullshit to fleece the fans with. I have one Skins cap to replace my older one that had its brim start to wear out and a jersey I bought from 2002. That is enough for me. You will get idiots that will buy all these new designs etc, and get thrown back a few hundred dollars. The NFL/ and the other corporate stooges will do anything to get the fans to dish out tons of dough for stuff they don't need. At the same time, the NFL's product suffers from mediocrity.
I'll continue wearing my old ST jersey.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #190
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I'll continue wearing my old ST jersey.

Good for you Dynamite. I got a personalized jersey for my 32nd B Day and it is in great shape. I don't mean to be a bastard, but these new uniforms, however cool looking they are, are nothing but a promotional gimmick to cover over the fact that the NFL really is starting to deteriorate in terms of play and competition. Not to mention getting gullible fans to part with cash they should save for the bad times ahead.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #191
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

:confused:

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #192
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,456
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Damn, thats ugly
I think they purposely lower the bar for a year so when they try the hats look amazing by comparison.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
:confused:

Agreed



*COUGH hack cough argaeag cough hack cough cough hack cough die*

......totally worth it.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #193
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Good for you Dynamite. I got a personalized jersey for my 32nd B Day and it is in great shape. I don't mean to be a bastard, but these new uniforms, however cool looking they are, are nothing but a promotional gimmick to cover over the fact that the NFL really is starting to deteriorate in terms of play and competition. Not to mention getting gullible fans to part with cash they should save for the bad times ahead.
are u saying the NFL is about to become Baseball? Because thats WAY.... Off base
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #194
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Good for you Dynamite. I got a personalized jersey for my 32nd B Day and it is in great shape. I don't mean to be a bastard, but these new uniforms, however cool looking they are, are nothing but a promotional gimmick to cover over the fact that the NFL really is starting to deteriorate in terms of play and competition. Not to mention getting gullible fans to part with cash they should save for the bad times ahead.
From what I heard on Espn, Nike put alot of effort in from direct feedback from players to make the uniforms better for actual play on the field. Voice of the players was motivation for the changes. Sure a couple minor color change or stitching here or there for the eye but it wasnt profit oriented. I mean I get your point of changing jerseys or having an alternative one or throwbacks to make a little cash...but every sport always does that and they wouldnt if fans wouldnt spend the cash but obviously they do.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #195
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,456
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
are u saying the NFL is about to become Baseball? Because thats WAY.... Off base
It will one day.

Maybe it's because I live up in an upscale area but among a lot of young kids Lacrosse is become pretty popular. I know it's been popular up in the DMV area for a while but down here where there was no real base it's started to catch on to the point where some kids are actually quitting football to focus on LAX. Granted it's still a niche sport but nonetheless it's still catching on

Makes me wonder what might happen 30 or 40 years down the line. I mean could anyone have predicted back in the 50's and 60's that football would replace baseball as the top sport in America? Heck they barely had an established pro league at that point
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29114 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25