Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Thoughts on the new Skins throwbacks?
Thumbs up 84 83.17%
Thumbs down 17 16.83%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (10) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #196
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Good for you Dynamite. I got a personalized jersey for my 32nd B Day and it is in great shape. I don't mean to be a bastard, but these new uniforms, however cool looking they are, are nothing but a promotional gimmick to cover over the fact that the NFL really is starting to deteriorate in terms of play and competition. Not to mention getting gullible fans to part with cash they should save for the bad times ahead.
From what I heard on Espn, Nike put alot of effort in from direct feedback from players to make the uniforms better for actual play on the field. Voice of the players was motivation for the changes. Sure a couple minor color change or stitching here or there for the eye but it wasnt profit oriented. I mean I get your point of changing jerseys or having an alternative one or throwbacks to make a little cash...but every sport always does that and they wouldnt if fans wouldnt spend the cash but obviously they do.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #197
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
are u saying the NFL is about to become Baseball? Because thats WAY.... Off base
It will one day.

Maybe it's because I live up in an upscale area but among a lot of young kids Lacrosse is become pretty popular. I know it's been popular up in the DMV area for a while but down here where there was no real base it's started to catch on to the point where some kids are actually quitting football to focus on LAX. Granted it's still a niche sport but nonetheless it's still catching on

Makes me wonder what might happen 30 or 40 years down the line. I mean could anyone have predicted back in the 50's and 60's that football would replace baseball as the top sport in America? Heck they barely had an established pro league at that point
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #198
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Good for you Dynamite. I got a personalized jersey for my 32nd B Day and it is in great shape. I don't mean to be a bastard, but these new uniforms, however cool looking they are, are nothing but a promotional gimmick to cover over the fact that the NFL really is starting to deteriorate in terms of play and competition. Not to mention getting gullible fans to part with cash they should save for the bad times ahead.
The NFL is turning into.... EA Sports!

__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #199
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
are u saying the NFL is about to become Baseball? Because thats WAY.... Off base
gotta agree, swing and a miss on that one
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #200
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
It will one day.

Maybe it's because I live up in an upscale area but among a lot of young kids Lacrosse is become pretty popular. I know it's been popular up in the DMV area for a while but down here where there was no real base it's started to catch on to the point where some kids are actually quitting football to focus on LAX. Granted it's still a niche sport but nonetheless it's still catching on

Makes me wonder what might happen 30 or 40 years down the line. I mean could anyone have predicted back in the 50's and 60's that football would replace baseball as the top sport in America? Heck they barely had an established pro league at that point
Football is on top by far today and will be for a long time, now will it be moved aside by another sport years down the road ? Maybe but it's not anywhere close right now.. the NBA is a joke and I live where the most exciting team in the league plays, baseball is almost like the NHL but not quite as bad and of course the college games will never become bigger than the NFL.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #201
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,246
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Football is on top by far today and will be for a long time, now will it be moved aside by another sport years down the road ? Maybe but it's not anywhere close right now.. the NBA is a joke and I live where the most exciting team in the league plays, baseball is almost like the NHL but not quite as bad and of course the college games will never become bigger than the NFL.

...to borrow a quote from the movie the Blind side......"NASCAR ",...not even close!

Just a joke, but Soccer ....or futball is still bigger worldwide.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #202
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,976
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

NIKE, Inc. - Washington Redskins 2012 Nike Football Uniform
__________________
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Darrell_Green_28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #203
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,506
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
More stupid bullshit to fleece the fans with. I have one Skins cap to replace my older one that had its brim start to wear out and a jersey I bought from 2002. That is enough for me. You will get idiots that will buy all these new designs etc, and get thrown back a few hundred dollars. The NFL/ and the other corporate stooges will do anything to get the fans to dish out tons of dough for stuff they don't need. At the same time, the NFL's product suffers from mediocrity. You have 32 teams, and only a handful are really good teams. So much for parity!!!!! Yeah it is parity alright, but most of the teams suck. But oh what wonderful new uniforms they wear, we must part with $200 to see a bunch of morons play crappy football.
First off, take a deep breath.

More than anything this is about the fact Nike won the uniform contract, and therefore redesigned them in their style.

If it were a true marketing gimmick, they would have put out totally new uniform designs across the board.

All of these "new" uniforms except for Seattle have just nominal changes appearance wise. The main changes are in the material.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #204
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,019
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
It will one day.

Maybe it's because I live up in an upscale area but among a lot of young kids Lacrosse is become pretty popular. I know it's been popular up in the DMV area for a while but down here where there was no real base it's started to catch on to the point where some kids are actually quitting football to focus on LAX. Granted it's still a niche sport but nonetheless it's still catching on

Makes me wonder what might happen 30 or 40 years down the line. I mean could anyone have predicted back in the 50's and 60's that football would replace baseball as the top sport in America? Heck they barely had an established pro league at that point
I love lacrosse and have for more than 30 years. Great sport. I played it in high school. What the SEC is to football, the ACC is to lacrosse, and this will be even more magnified when Syracuse joins the ACC next year.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #205
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Whoops...QC department took a nap!

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #206
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over






Is the QC department sleeping?



Mismatched shades of green:


Numbers moved to shoulders from sleeves:





=




__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #207
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Holy collar, Batman!









I hope our gold pants are still alive.

I predict that "unreleased alternate" Orakpo referred to is our 80th throwback uniform...which will be the 70th Anniversary uniform with the spear helmet.

I'd love to see the feather helmet though. It will only be worn twice whatever we use.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #208
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Seattle is using "12th Man" inside their collars.

Bruce Allen actually leaked ours in February...missed that.

We're using "Team Effort Tradition".

Nike to add team slogans on inside collar for every NFL team: What will 49ers’ jersey say? | But at the end of the day…

Quote:
Each team will have their slogan imprinted on the inside collar of their jerseys. Redskins GM Bruce Allen revealed that ”Team Effort Tradition” will be on his team’s jerseys.


I think we should make a revision and change it to "F...Goodell".
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #209
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,506
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

Apparently not everyone got in on the changes

Five teams made no uniform changes, in look or fabrication | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #210
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: 2012 NFL Uniform Thread - Nike takes over

__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35424 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25