Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #136
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
JoeRedskin could go "nuclear" over cap mess.
Yeah, can there be a Fans Union? and can the fans file a law suit against the other 30 teams for collusion? Maybe the only fans who can file are the ones who have paid for their seating vs. someone who purchases tickets here and there.

I seriously would love to see some players start filing their law suits against the 30 clubs who colluded. Basically usurping the NFLPA that they didn't represent them in the Exec Commity. lol.
SBXVII is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #137
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
OK, that part I wasn't quite sure on. I was assuming the owners had let the CBA expire making 2010 an uncapped year without a CBA, but you're probably right.
Probably saying the same thing but wasn't 2009 the last yr of the CBA (through extentions)? and due to a rule in the last CBA that kept the rules in place for 1 yr after the CBA then tech. clubs and players were to follow the old CBA rules. (I kept thinking it was done but wasn't). 2011 was tech. a yr with out a CBA and because the player and owners could not come to an agreement the owners locked out the players to force an agreement which really didn't work, but in the end an the new CBA was formed.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #138
Special Teams
 
Player_HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 329
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yeah, can there be a Fans Union? and can the fans file a law suit against the other 30 teams for collusion? Maybe the only fans who can file are the ones who have paid for their seating vs. someone who purchases tickets here and there.

I seriously would love to see some players start filing their law suits against the 30 clubs who colluded. Basically usurping the NFLPA that they didn't represent them in the Exec Commity. lol.
I thought about this yesterday and gave up. The only people I could see suing are Season Ticket Holders for the devaluing of the their ticket's face value, by the team not being able to field as competitive a team. But I am not familiar with the T&As of being a Season Ticket Holder and had to worry about real life for a bit.
Player_HTTR is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #139
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,756
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Giantone, your ride is here.




I think JR is driving it.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #140
Special Teams
 
biffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 137
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Probably saying the same thing but wasn't 2009 the last yr of the CBA (through extentions)? and due to a rule in the last CBA that kept the rules in place for 1 yr after the CBA then tech. clubs and players were to follow the old CBA rules. (I kept thinking it was done but wasn't). 2011 was tech. a yr with out a CBA and because the player and owners could not come to an agreement the owners locked out the players to force an agreement which really didn't work, but in the end an the new CBA was formed.
No, the uncapped year was part of the CBA. The last year in all recent CBAs have always been uncapped as an incentive to get a deal done before an uncapped year happened.

Not much of an incentive, since apparently Goodell has the power to implement a de facto cap anyway.
biffle is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #141
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
If it goes to arbitration, I hope the Redskins ask for removal of the balance of the $18 million for next year and a compensatory pick at the end of the 2nd round this year to compensate for our inability to utilize the cap space we were entitled to.
I'd take that.


I still hate that the other teams involved in the collusion still end up with a $1.6 million REWARD for their illegal activity, or at least going along with the league's crimes.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #142
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,722
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
... I enjoy your theories and at the end of the day that is all mine are because nether of us knows the true facts of the case and all we can do is speculate on what really transpired.You use very good words as "cheat" and "cheap ass case" but in the end we know the the NFL lawyers might make it look the other way around.
G1, to give JR some credit, as most know on here, he did not sleep at a holiday inn express last night (unless his lady made him) and his theories are based on legal insight, not just a schmuck like me throwing out big words. Maybe you have legal insight through honest education, I dunno, but discounting JR's because you don't like his well thought out/well expressed clarifications makes your argument seem pretty shallow.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #143
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,638
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
G1, to give JR some credit, as most know on here, he did not sleep at a holiday inn express last night (unless his lady made him) and his theories are based on legal insight, not just a schmuck like me throwing out big words. Maybe you have legal insight through honest education, I dunno, but discounting JR's because you don't like his well thought out/well expressed clarifications makes your argument seem pretty shallow.
Just how painful was it to type those words bro?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #144
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
We actually agree on the NFLPA,now where we disagree is
your opinon that the actions of DS and JJ were not improper if as reported they did agree with the other 30 owners they did agree not to dump salaries then they action of the "comittee" overides the action of the 2(or 4)you say they were bound by the CBA.....yet the NFLPA says it was fine with them.Look you sayng the actions were proper at the time ,of course you do you are a Redskin fan but that simply is not the case.
This is where we disagree .. you say "While it looks good at first blush, the NFLPA's procedural approval of the sanction is irrelevant " I understand your opinion but I disagree that it is as you say irrelevant.You have 2 parties the owners and the players and both are together in their opinion of what happen except DS and JJ and it looks as if the Cowboys will accept the punishment.I enjoy your theories and at the end of the day that is all mine are becuase nether of us knows the true facts of the case and all we can do is speculate on what really transpired.You use very good words as "cheat" and "cheap ass case" but in the end we know the the NFL lawyers might make it look the other way around.
Is this like, Giant...eze?
Time for a move to the drunk thread?.......?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“It’s all the political correct idiots in America, that’s all it is. It’s got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #145
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,722
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Just how painful was it to type those words bro?
let's just say this weekend was a trip to disneyland in comparison!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #146
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,756
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Here is the problem with all this. (even though JR is right with the legal part of this)


You now have two owners that are being punished for collusion that happened back 2 years ago. That said, these same owners have been apart of collusion themselves in other dealings in the NFL (and NFLPA/CBA).


It's much like a drug dealer calling the cops on a fellow drug dealer for stealing his stash. As much as you are being wronged, you really can't expose yourself to the illegal acts you are doing as well.

Now granted waivers were signed to "forgive" the previous collusion, but think about any upcoming negotiations.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #147
Camp Scrub
 
mitch e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fayetteville Ar
Posts: 56
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

What would Al Davis do??? Sue, SUe,SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"Once you've heard the truth everything else is just cheap whiskey." R. Lee Ermey
mitch e is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #148
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,722
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Here is the problem with all this. (even though JR is right with the legal part of this)


You now have two owners that are being punished for collusion that happened back 2 years ago. That said, these same owners have been apart of collusion themselves in other dealings in the NFL (and NFLPA/CBA).


It's much like a drug dealer calling the cops on a fellow drug dealer for stealing his stash. As much as you are being wronged, you really can't expose yourself to the illegal acts you are doing as well.

Now granted waivers were signed to "forgive" the previous collusion, but think about any upcoming negotiations.
This is why an arbitration hearing, or simply settling it at the owner's meetings makes the most sense. I would think though that any owner's meeting agreement again would need the NFLPA agreement while an arbitrator could make his/her ruling independently.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #149
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,429
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

If we do NOTHING that means they have something on us. Maybe we spoke to St. Lou before time I don't know something like that.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #150
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,638
Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
If we do NOTHING that means they have something on us. Maybe we spoke to St. Lou before time I don't know something like that.
No. If we do nothing, it simply means that, in weighing the probability and benefits of prevailing against the costs of pursuing the claim, the possibility of an adverse decision and/or the incidental costs created by attacking their fellow owners, DS decided it was best to go quietly into the night.

Lots of people settle or fail to pursue meritorious claims and they do so for lots of reasons unrelated to the actual merit of the claim. It is why Dallas' decision not to pursue a claim is simply not in any way probative as to the merit of the Skins' substantive claim.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29827 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25