Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Been wondering the same thing? The opportunity cost of signing Garcon to a big contract AFTER our cap penalty is looking bigger every day. Regardless of his "market value" in FA Garcon needs to make a huge contribution to the Redskins immediately to justify the signing.
No kidding. The bulk of Garcon's success last year came in three games against some really bad secondaries. His numbers in the other games are pretty pedestrian. I hope he can handle all the pressures of the spotlight, big contract, and Skins FA curse. Garcon & RGIII better put in a lot of extra time to build some chemistry.

As for Cooley, I think he's battling for a roster spot, if he doesn't show improvement from his last two injury-riddled seasons. I can't see them restructuring him if he's on the roster bubble.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #32
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Tanard Jackson Bucs FS has been cut, i think i would like to pick him up on a one or 2 year deal. despite his off the field troubles a few years back he is young and talented and better than any other safety on our roster and any of the others out there like madieu williams. im sure Raheem Morris has the best opinion on him out of anyone and will have a big impact on if we go after him
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba305-ST21- View Post
Tanard Jackson Bucs FS has been cut, i think i would like to pick him up on a one or 2 year deal. despite his off the field troubles a few years back he is young and talented and better than any other safety on our roster and any of the others out there like madieu williams. im sure Raheem Morris has the best opinion on him out of anyone and will have a big impact on if we go after him
I thought he was cut for failing physical.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?enfv5t
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #34
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,849
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Maybe he was but he is still relatively young (26) and he also had his best seasons under Raheem Morris when Morris was TB's DB coach back in the day. I would bring him in, he can probably be had for cheap.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,056
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

i like it, maybe all he needs is a fresh start. he did grow up in/near howard county
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #36
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

He's really struggled the last two years, huh? I wonder how serious the shoulder injury is. He did have some good years with Raheem.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #37
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Drafted by Allen, plays FS, had his best years with R. Morris, 26 years old, and is from the area... Hopeful we can sign him
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #38
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

havent we had enough guys on the defensive side of the ball who cant pass physicals or frikkin endurance tests? Get young hungry guys from the draft, and coach em up.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #39
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,853
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
havent we had enough guys on the defensive side of the ball who cant pass physicals or frikkin endurance tests? Get young hungry guys from the draft, and coach em up.
Like Chris Horton?

There is nothing wrong with taking a look at FAs and create competition. In the end, we are pretty screwed at safety and having FAs and drafted rookies compete for it is not a bad idea.

Also, I am sure this has been repeated many times, but teams have different standards in terms of physicals. A player may fail a physical with one team and pass another's team physical the next week.

Besides, we have two people that should know Jackson very well. If they do sign him (probably for nothing) I am sure they know something about him that we don't. And if they don't, well then they definitely know something about him.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #40
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

It wasn't Jackson's failed physical, but more of a falling out with management (according to Jackson) that led to him being cut. Remember he has been suspended 3 times for drugs, (19 games) but he'd still be an upgrade over what we have at FS right now.


Good article on Jackson' release and his interest in the Skins
Shocked By His Release, Jackson Hopes To Land With Redskins-Pewter Report: Your source for inside and breaking news on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #41
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
It wasn't Jackson's failed physical, but more of a falling out with management (according to Jackson) that led to him being cut. Remember he has been suspended 3 times for drugs, (19 games) but he'd still be an upgrade over what we have at FS right now.


Good article on Jackson' release and his interest in the Skins
Shocked By His Release, Jackson Hopes To Land With Redskins-Pewter Report: Your source for inside and breaking news on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Ya, thats just what we need, more 3 time drug offender addicts on our defense, brilliant. So instead of having half our offense going to Narcotics Anonymous, lets just bring the defense too!!!!!

Shiiiiiiit, give me doughty over that crap.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #42
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
No kidding. The bulk of Garcon's success last year came in three games against some really bad secondaries. His numbers in the other games are pretty pedestrian. I hope he can handle all the pressures of the spotlight, big contract, and Skins FA curse. Garcon & RGIII better put in a lot of extra time to build some chemistry.

As for Cooley, I think he's battling for a roster spot, if he doesn't show improvement from his last two injury-riddled seasons. I can't see them restructuring him if he's on the roster bubble.
Yeah could be a touch call on Cooley. I don't think he brings the speed factor Mike/Kyle are looking for, but maybe if he's staying slimmer and fully healed we can still contribute. I mean what Cooley was always good at was finding open space downfield at that's still a lot of what Kyle's offense needs whether he's scheming for it specifically or not.

I didn't know that stuff about Garcon, but it doesn't surprise me. It's interesting that P Manning didn't take Garcon w/ him i.e. had Peyton made it clear he wanted Garcon w/ him any team would have said "Done...and done."
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #43
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Ya, thats just what we need, more 3 time drug offender addicts on our defense, brilliant. So instead of having half our offense going to Narcotics Anonymous, lets just bring the defense too!!!!!

Shiiiiiiit, give me doughty over that crap.
Doughty is ass, all he brings to the table is being a sure tackler, he is slow and always late on plays. Jackson is a pretty good playmaker, its not like this guy would be expensive and hopefully he has matured and cleaned his act up, people do that believe it or not. I say sign him to a one or two year deal he is still young and he is better than anything we have. I say still pick up a safety in the draft as well.
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,056
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

i hope they are forcing any of these offenders to go to na. na was mildly helpful for me
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #45
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,386
Re: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
havent we had enough guys on the defensive side of the ball who cant pass physicals or frikkin endurance tests? Get young hungry guys from the draft, and coach em up.
So , I guess the Haynesworth "training for NYC marathon " story is false ?
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33193 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25