Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Return Of Lavar

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 08:03 PM   #91
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Return Of Lavar

offiss- Smoot one of my favorite players I don't want to see him go, he does bring the emotion and this year has proved that he can talk the smack and back it up. BUT he did talk about his contract during the season, many of us knew that Smoots last game may have been that Dallas game after the end of the game. Smoot also said something along the lines that him coming back was the decision of the front office and that he wanted to come back. He didn't talk alot about it but I definatly heard more FROM HIM during the season than I did after, most of the newspapers I read still use all the old quotes and just repeat the same stuff. As free agency is nearing i hope that he will sign, i won't blame him for trying for more money but i think that if we do not offer more he should sign with us. he spoke to bailey (so much for an unbiased source) and bailey said that he was unwanted when he was with the redskins. But bailey did say to find a team with both the money and the a good coaching staff and game. I think that many defensive players would love to play for a defense so that is so amazing and i can't think of much a better coaching staff in the league. I hope that smoot is JUST lobbing for extra cash and that would be fine I would most likely do the same but if he is truely willing to leave then I would have to say that I definiatly do not advocate what he is doing
BigSKINBauer is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2005, 02:07 AM   #92
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Return Of Lavar

Of course Smoot will talk to Bailey. He was the guy who helped him out when he first got here, and being traded doesn't cut off friendships. I think Smoot wants to be here, but I think he should also worry about the cash. I feel the Redskins will make him a fair offer, but I can't blame a guy for shopping himself. It'll kill me if Dallas gets him though!
Daseal is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 04:01 AM   #93
Special Teams
 
bertoskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: philippines
Age: 41
Posts: 184
Re: Return Of Lavar

Ok I lavar is there last year
we could have won 3 games on defense
so our standing is better

lavar is a difference maker
bertoskins is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 04:24 AM   #94
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Return Of Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
OFFISS straight up are we better with lavar or not, I think you will answer yes but if not just give the reasons and even if you say yes do you think that we will improve significantly or not?

By the way this is a very fun thread
I say we are better off without Lavar as a team, reason? Instead of throwing 60 mil at a player who's job was more than adequately filled by an undrafted journeyman in Marshall and a promising young prospect in Clemon's, we could be using that money where we really need it offensive line and a big time reciever, straight up BSB do think we would be better with a top flight center and let's say Muhammad from Carolina at WR and probably another player as well, or Lavar, we already know our defense is stellar our offense is in need of help, which if it get's will only make our defense that much better by controlling the ball.
offiss is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #95
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Return Of Lavar

Quote:
Ok I lavar is there last year
we could have won 3 games on defense
so our standing is better

lavar is a difference maker
We could have won 3 games on defense huh? Please tell me how.
Daseal is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 11:25 AM   #96
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
Re: Return Of Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
We could have won 3 games on defense huh? Please tell me how.
Exactly. Its not like Lamar Marshall stunk up the joint and was responsible for a ton of bad plays that cost us games. He played very well on defense; he wasent spectacular, but he didnt mess up either. There is no way LaVar would have been a 3 game swing, I doubt he would have even been a one game swing. All the games we lost defensivley were the results of blown coverage in the secondary (Clark, Taylor ) come to mind in the two Dallas games, which are the only games I can really stare at our defense for. Exactly which games would he have been a difference maker?

Look, I friggin love LaVar. I got his jersey, he was the first guy I went out to see at training camp to get his John Handcock. I love the way he goes about his business. I disagree with some of the more adiement posters, such as Offiss, where are very against him, but their opinion is very valid, and I understand where they are coming from. Are we a better team with LaVar on the feild, 100% absolutley, I dont think anyone is denying that. However, you're giving him way too much credit. One INT returned for a TD like 4 years ago, isnt going to translate into a THREE GAME SWING in one year.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 05:29 PM   #97
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Return Of Lavar

well we could have won like 14 totlal games if our offense was to score more than 21 points,, for the record i never said nothing about us being 9-7 with lavar, I don't think any single player could account for that.
BigSKINBauer is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #98
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Return Of Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Of course Smoot will talk to Bailey. He was the guy who helped him out when he first got here, and being traded doesn't cut off friendships.
dont take a line and do what the media did to gibbs saying he wanted to leave. I was almost advocating what bailey said as he told smoot to find a place that has a good coaching staff
Check for the redskins
Is proven and is going places
Check for redskins- Our defense is a very prideful defense that did oustanding and many players would love to play for a defense in which they are able to make a name for themselves.
and somewhere that pays alot
BIG BIG CHECK- I just hope that he will accept what we are giving or I am willing to sart up a charity drive for smoot. Donations to keep smoot here. We would give 100% of the procedes to him.

I'll be outside macy's with a bell, bring the donations $$$cash money$$$
BigSKINBauer is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #99
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Return Of Lavar

Lets not hate on LaVar for the money offsiss, in all fairness if we can't do that with smoot we can't flip it and reverse it on Lavar. LaVar got himself that amazing deal just as smoot is trying to get himself an amazing deal.
BigSKINBauer is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #100
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Return Of Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
Lets not hate on LaVar for the money offsiss, in all fairness if we can't do that with smoot we can't flip it and reverse it on Lavar. LaVar got himself that amazing deal just as smoot is trying to get himself an amazing deal.

When you take the big money you are held up to a higher standard, every player is judged by his contract if you accept the money you have to accept the critisism that comes with it if you don't live up to it, there's nothing wrong with Smoot trying to get the biggest contract possible he has that right, but there's nothing wrong with the fan's judging him by it, or management telling him goodby the asking price is to much. Let me ask you what's your feeling about Brunell? I will tell this a contract can affect the entire team in it's option's to bring in other player's, as well as committing to a player like Brunell who retarded the growth of our football team while coach tried to justify his contract, Ramsey right now could be leap's and bound's better in Gibb's offense if he was named starter from the onset, I wouldn't have a problem with Lavar if his contract was reasonable, my problem is he is not nearly worth the cap space he's eating up which in turn limit's our ability to fix other area's of our football team that really need help.
offiss is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #101
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Return Of Lavar

didn't lavar renegotiate his original contract ? the front office people wanted lavar to be a redskin for the rest of his career or at least close to it, kinda like ray lewis and baltimore did.
wolfeskins is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 06:42 PM   #102
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Return Of Lavar

i have never blaimed brunnel for anything, He took the contract that he was given, it was amazing but we offered it, I blaim the descision makers not brunnel. I also don't blaim brunnel for sucking I blaim Gibbs for not taking him out. I do understand why he didn't take him out but i don't place the blaim on Brunnel
BigSKINBauer is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #103
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Return Of Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
i have never blaimed brunnel for anything, He took the contract that he was given, it was amazing but we offered it, I blaim the descision makers not brunnel. I also don't blaim brunnel for sucking I blaim Gibbs for not taking him out. I do understand why he didn't take him out but i don't place the blaim on Brunnel

That is the point WHY DIDN'T WE TAKE HIM OUT. Because of his contract, if Brunell was paid like an average QB he would have been pulled a lot sooner than he was, and there is a decent chance that he wouldn't have been named the starter to begin with, do you see how a contract can negativly affect the progress of a team? Do I blame management for those 2 contract's? You got that right! But that doesn't change the fact that he's not remotly worth it. My plan from the start was to not sign Brunell, and I would have never given Lavar anything close to the contract he recieved, how would our team look right now without Lavar's or Brunell's contract's? does anyone really think we wouldn't be head and shoulder's better this year with an additional 100 million to spend on free agent's and draft pick's?

Just because a player get's a big contract doesn't mean he's worth it.
offiss is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 07:53 PM   #104
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Return Of Lavar

brunnell's contract wasn't the reason he started and was left as the starter for 9 games. the real reason for that is because he beat ramsey out in pre-season and he was joe's hand picked boy. nobody wanted brunnell the way gibbs did.
wolfeskins is offline  
Old 02-15-2005, 09:11 PM   #105
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Return Of Lavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
brunnell's contract wasn't the reason he started and was left as the starter for 9 games. the real reason for that is because he beat ramsey out in pre-season and he was joe's hand picked boy. nobody wanted brunnell the way gibbs did.
Brunell was 1 pass better than Ramsey in the pre-season a bomb to McCant's for a TD that was the difference, neither one of them did anything so guess what contract took presedent, we all know Gibb's loved Brunell but if you think he wasen't pushing for all he was worth to try and justify Brunell's contract your only fooling yourself, no QB who played as horrible as Brunell would have lasted 9 games unless there was a contract of the magnitude of Brunell's, Brunell's performance in those 9 games were about as bad as I have ever seen.
offiss is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.48159 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25