Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Officially, the schedule will be released later today (along with all other teams)

But we can start talking about a few things now.

I had told a few of you ESPN was trying to secure Panthers vs. Redskins as a Monday Night game, possibly the Monday Night season opener.

That won't happen as it will be the Ravens vs. Bengals to kick off the Monday Night season.

Also mentioned they were trying to get a home game on Election Night eve. Won't happen either as, according to CBS Sports, the Saints are hosting a Monday Night game that night
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

You know, there hasn't been a Thanksgiving game for the 'skins in a long time.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,007
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Officially, the schedule will be released later today (along with all other teams)

But we can start talking about a few things now.

I had told a few of you ESPN was trying to secure Panthers vs. Redskins as a Monday Night game, possibly the Monday Night season opener.

That won't happen as it will be the Ravens vs. Bengals to kick off the Monday Night season.

Also mentioned they were trying to get a home game on Election Night eve. Won't happen either as, according to CBS Sports, the Saints are hosting a Monday Night game that night
Doesn't seem like the Panthers v. Skins game seems Monday night worthy anyway. I could see the Skins v. Steelers game being Monday night.

Just no more Monday nights against the Eagles. I think we're cursed when we play them on Mondays.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,007
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
You know, there hasn't been a Thanksgiving game for the 'skins in a long time.
I can't remember the last Thanksgiving game the Skins played. Had to of been when I was a kid.

Isn't it usually the Packers, the Bears or the Lions on Thanksgivings now?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Officially, the schedule will be released later today (along with all other teams)

But we can start talking about a few things now.

I had told a few of you ESPN was trying to secure Panthers vs. Redskins as a Monday Night game, possibly the Monday Night season opener.

That won't happen as it will be the Ravens vs. Bengals to kick off the Monday Night season.

Also mentioned they were trying to get a home game on Election Night eve. Won't happen either as, according to CBS Sports, the Saints are hosting a Monday Night game that night

I know its a divisional game, but I cant imagine a less exciting opener. The Bengals and Ravens probably have the fewest fans fans outside of their resepective metro areas than any teams i can think of. gosh, what a letdown.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Doesn't seem like the Panthers v. Skins game seems Monday night worthy anyway. I could see the Skins v. Steelers game being Monday night.

Just no more Monday nights against the Eagles. I think we're cursed when we play them on Mondays.
I can see Cam vs. RGIII being worthy, though my advice was for later in the season

Eagles or Giants were the Monday Night Election Eve opponents I believe that were being targeted.

First time in 6 years, I'm not really involved in the scheduling
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,654
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

They need to mix up the teams on Monday Night Football. The schedule last year was the all time worst. Hope they learned their lesson with scheduling the Colts and the Peyton injury.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,007
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I can see Cam vs. RGIII being worthy, though my advice was for later in the season

Eagles or Giants were the Monday Night Election Eve opponents I believe that were being targeted.

First time in 6 years, I'm not really involved in the scheduling
I can agree with that.

Feel like we'd win that game too.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I can't remember the last Thanksgiving game the Skins played. Had to of been when I was a kid.

Isn't it usually the Packers, the Bears or the Lions on Thanksgivings now?
Don't forget the cowpukes.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,888
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

As I've said, I wouldn't mind a Panthers-Redskins Monday Nighter. I'm actually happy it's not opening weekend, I would actually prefer a Sunday 1 pm or 4 pm game to start off the season. I'm sure we'll get a Monday Nighter thrown in there somewhere, just because of the exposure RG3 will bring, but I'm good as long as it isn't against a team like the Eagles, Steelers, etc.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #11
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,888
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Don't forget the cowpukes.
Yep. Cowboys and Lions always host a game on Thanksgiving. It's just tradition.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
They need to mix up the teams on Monday Night Football. The schedule last year was the all time worst. Hope they learned their lesson with scheduling the Colts and the Peyton injury.
There's only so much you can control
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Officially, the schedule will be released later today (along with all other teams)

But we can start talking about a few things now.

I had told a few of you ESPN was trying to secure Panthers vs. Redskins as a Monday Night game, possibly the Monday Night season opener.

That won't happen as it will be the Ravens vs. Bengals to kick off the Monday Night season.

Also mentioned they were trying to get a home game on Election Night eve. Won't happen either as, according to CBS Sports, the Saints are hosting a Monday Night game that night
That is actually rather shocking to me. Every time we play before the election, the commentators always have a story line with the whole 'when the redskins win, the incumbent president wins; when the redskins lose, the incumbent president loses, too.'
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
That is actually rather shocking to me. Every time we play before the election, the commentators always have a story line with the whole 'when the redskins win, the incumbent president wins; when the redskins lose, the incumbent president loses, too.'
Yeah, I think that was finally debunked in 2004 when we played Green Bay at home and lost, and Bush still won..... but I know that it held true for a long time.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: 2012 Redskins Schedule Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Yeah, I think that was finally debunked in 2004 when we played Green Bay at home and lost, and Bush still won..... but I know that it held true for a long time.
Did he win... did he?
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28375 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25