Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #46
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Former prosecutor conducted independent review of bounty evidence | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #47
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,425
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Too much power for one dude.
__________________
I yearn......oh do I yearn, for a return to glory...
CrustyRedskin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,988
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Too much power for one dude.

.....I disagree.No other commisoner has had to deal with what he is dealing with.If not for him ...thugs would be running and ruining the NFL.
No I don't agree with everything that has been done but over all I give him and A.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #49
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

I'm happy with the way Goddell has handled the Saints situation. Both Sean Payton and Gregg Williams are on suspension and rightfully so. Goddell has also punished the Saints front office and several players. I hope that this bounty stuff never happens again. There was the suspension and fines on James Harrison that I felt was a bit overboard, but Roger Goddell is a decent NFL commissioner.

Last edited by REDSKINS4ever; 05-03-2012 at 08:11 PM.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #50
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,419
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Too much power for one dude.
Not sure what you were expecting.


If you did something against rules at your job, and you turned around and told your boss you didn't care what he did and didn't show any contrite. What kind of punishment would you expect to come to you?


Had Vilma apologized, and made a half ass attempt to show he was contrite, he probably wouldn't have been slapped with a year long suspension.

As it is, he did not and chose to roll with the arrogant smart ass route and it cost him big time. Next time he'll know what not to do.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #51
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,425
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Not sure what you were expecting.


If you did something against rules at your job, and you turned around and told your boss you didn't care what he did and didn't show any contrite. What kind of punishment would you expect to come to you?


Had Vilma apologized, and made a half ass attempt to show he was contrite, he probably wouldn't have been slapped with a year long suspension.

As it is, he did not and chose to roll with the arrogant smart ass route and it cost him big time. Next time he'll know what not to do.
A year for Payton and Vilma really?? Over blown. Contrite?? lol I guess he should have cried. But im sure he's saving that for the appeal.
__________________
I yearn......oh do I yearn, for a return to glory...
CrustyRedskin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #52
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,496
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Quote:
When asked twice whether any players actually were paid for hits, White confirmed they were without going into specifics. She added that most of the money in the bounty scheme was provided by the players.

"Without them, there wouldn't have been a bounty program," she said.

White, the former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, was asked last December by the NFL to examine the evidence.

"The factual basis for the sanctions is quite strong in my opinion," she said. "You must safeguard the identity of people that provide information to you in order to protect them, and also to encourage others in the future to come forward with evidence of wrongdoing. This is certainly not a one-on-one, he-said, she-said record at all. This is multiple independent sources."

...

"The players sanctioned all activity and enthusiastically embraced this program," White said. "They always had the option to say no. They didn't say no.

"It is no defense that coaches were involved in it, this was an individual responsibility each player has and each coach has. Each player had the responsibility to say no to this program and they didn't do that. They obviously had the option to report this to the union and they didn't do that."
Independent counsel says*bounty payments were made in New Orleans Saints suspensions - NFL - SI.com
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #53
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,069
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

I don't disagree with the idea of punishing the players and coaches involved. Without having all the "evidence" at my disposal I cannot say whether or not the punishments are fair. I do however think that Goodell has too much power here. How can one man be the judge, jury and also the one to hear any appeals? On top of that, players are saying that they never saw nor heard the evidence against them. I don't if that is true or not, but if it is, to me that is unsat. At a minimum the players should know exactly what they are being accused of, what their "alleged" role was and have an opportunity to defend themselves. And to find out of your suspension via the TV...poor to say the least on the NFL leadership (Goodell). I in no way sanction the bounty program, but many players former and present have come forward and said it is an NFL thing, not a Saints thing. I know the Saints were warned and continued it, but the players say they never knew the organization was warned, so to them it was business as usual...

Like I said, I am not privy to ALL of the information and evidence, but this whole thing doesn't feel right as far as the way it has all been handled...something must be done at a minimum to put Goodell in check and the NFLPA must figure out what something is.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #54
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 34
Posts: 3,082
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't disagree with the idea of punishing the players and coaches involved. Without having all the "evidence" at my disposal I cannot say whether or not the punishments are fair. I do however think that Goodell has too much power here. How can one man be the judge, jury and also the one to hear any appeals? On top of that, players are saying that they never saw nor heard the evidence against them. I don't if that is true or not, but if it is, to me that is unsat. At a minimum the players should know exactly what they are being accused of, what their "alleged" role was and have an opportunity to defend themselves. And to find out of your suspension via the TV...poor to say the least on the NFL leadership (Goodell). I in no way sanction the bounty program, but many players former and present have come forward and said it is an NFL thing, not a Saints thing. I know the Saints were warned and continued it, but the players say they never knew the organization was warned, so to them it was business as usual...

Like I said, I am not privy to ALL of the information and evidence, but this whole thing doesn't feel right as far as the way it has all been handled...something must be done at a minimum to put Goodell in check and the NFLPA must figure out what something is.
The NFLPA agreed to give him all this power in the new CBA.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #55
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,069
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

If that is true, then they lost more than I thought in that process.

I also heard that the punishments imposed (according to the new CBA) must be for actions that occurred AFTER the new agreement. A lot of what they have been talking about occurred in 2009-2010.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #56
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Anthony Hargrove's declaration to NFL regarding Saints bounty scandal - Yahoo! Sports
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,988
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down


IF real.....HOLY S#$%.TOAST!!!!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #58
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,096
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

thats a pretty disturbing quoting coming from Williams. I really dont see how he might coach again.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #59
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,069
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
thats a pretty disturbing quoting coming from Williams. I really dont see how he might coach again.
Agreed. Damn.

Again, I don't condone the alleged actions taken by the players involved in this bounty crap, they should be punished appropriately. However, obviously there was undue influence and pressure on these players to participate and also "play dumb" about it. I hope the NFL "Goodell" took that into consideration when he imposed their punishments. It is difficult to believe he did - suspending Vilma for a year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #60
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,419
Re: Saints Player Suspensions Coming Down

I can't see any scenario that would have Gregg Williams coach in the NFL again. I'd be willing to wager vast sums of money that he's done for good. He would present too much of a liability to future lawsuits to have him around. Imagine some guy having a career ending injury or concussion while Gregg Williams was at the helm. THem knowing what they do now? No way they could deny anything in defense.

I'm surprised Vitt didn't also get a year suspension. He deserves one as well.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29071 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25