Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RGIII Named Starter

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #241
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,801
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
I think the problem is Snyder. Get rid of him and everything will change but we cannot
Like coaches, owners evolve and learn the right way of doing things. I think Snyder has come a far way from the impetuous fan that walked in and fired half the staff. Sure we haven't won anything, but if he is finally getting it (which I think is the case) it would be ridiculous to want to go right back into the arms of another billionaire owner who has no clue how to run an NFL franchise. Case in point - Miami. This is not a McDonalds franchise that has a standard boiler plate operation, it takes patience, perserverance, and dedication, with a strong willingness to win. I think DS has most, if not all, of those things, and that we are on the verge of seeing a new era in Skins football.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #242
Special Teams
 
fanarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 107
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
If you want to base things on facts, maybe we should start with the fact that the franchise has gone the route of switching coaching regimes every two or three years, and it has gotten them nowhere. If we continue to base things on fact, we see that there are no other coaches available, who want to come to Washington, that possesses the resume that Mike Shanahan possesses. If we want to, yet, continue to base things on facts, the fact is, Mike Shanahan stated from the very beginning that it would take him the length of his contract to rebuild this team the right way, and if Snyder was not interested in being patient, then don't hire him, (or something to that affect.) The fact is, Redskins fans are very impatient. Couple that with today's instant gratification that people have become accustomed to, and it makes for a lot of fans who would be dangerous if they were the owner of the Washington Redskins. I trust the current regime, as painful as it's been on Sundays, the Shannies will get this team back to where it needs to be. And if by the end of year five and that isn't true, then move on to the next regime.
Yes. I agree the franchise has changed coaching staffs far to frequently for my liking too, but the fact that Shanahan's overall record of wins, and losses is worse than those of his most recent predecessors must also be factored into the equation. I understand he said it will take a while to turn this franchise around, that is a fact, but whether he will turn this franchise around in that time period remains to be seen. If he does, and I hope he can, I'm all for it. However if he can't those words are hollow, the effort was fruitless, time was potentially waisted, and the point is moot. I'm not too high on resumes to begin with, but some of the winningest, and most innovative coaches in the league could be considered plucked from the ether, or given a head coaching shot when juxtaposed with a resume as extensive as Shanahans at this point in his career, and have remained with, and built their legacy through a single team. I'm glad that you trust the current regime and respect that you have an opinion on this topic, but based on what they've shown us up to this moment it seems slightly paradoxical, and I refuse to hold anyone to a lower standard if they are skeptical that this regime can deliver us from mediocrity based their production to date.
fanarchist is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #243
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,431
Re: RGIII Named Starter

So how many years do people think it will take Indy to turn it around. You have to factor in there starting out with a QB an unproven QB. But most people think a sure thing. Indy are also Blowing up the Defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. So how long do you give them.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #244
Special Teams
 
ashvirtually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Like coaches, owners evolve and learn the right way of doing things. I think Snyder has come a far way from the impetuous fan that walked in and fired half the staff. Sure we haven't won anything, but if he is finally getting it (which I think is the case) it would be ridiculous to want to go right back into the arms of another billionaire owner who has no clue how to run an NFL franchise. Case in point - Miami. This is not a McDonalds franchise that has a standard boiler plate operation, it takes patience, perserverance, and dedication, with a strong willingness to win. I think DS has most, if not all, of those things, and that we are on the verge of seeing a new era in Skins football.
Well said, and I agree.

There was an article in the Washington Examiner about this conundrum and learning process with Mr. Snyder, and I agree that he has come a long way from the guy who used to shell out $20 million dollars a pop for old and soon-to-be-has-been players, who treated the team like he was playing fantasy football.

If we're contenders in the next two or three years, he will be forgiven a LOT.
ashvirtually is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #245
Special Teams
 
ashvirtually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
If you want to base things on facts, maybe we should start with the fact that the franchise has gone the route of switching coaching regimes every two or three years, and it has gotten them nowhere. If we continue to base things on fact, we see that there are no other coaches available, who want to come to Washington, that possesses the resume that Mike Shanahan possesses. If we want to, yet, continue to base things on facts, the fact is, Mike Shanahan stated from the very beginning that it would take him the length of his contract to rebuild this team the right way, and if Snyder was not interested in being patient, then don't hire him, (or something to that affect.) The fact is, Redskins fans are very impatient. Couple that with today's instant gratification that people have become accustomed to, and it makes for a lot of fans who would be dangerous if they were the owner of the Washington Redskins. I trust the current regime, as painful as it's been on Sundays, the Shannies will get this team back to where it needs to be. And if by the end of year five and that isn't true, then move on to the next regime.
ashvirtually is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #246
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,929
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Franchises like the Lions and Bengals have been turned around completely in three years and (especially w/ Detroit) starting way further down in terms of talent than Mike inherited in Washington. He chose to make the transition even harder by blowing up the defense.

Point is good coaches have shown three years is sufficient to turn a franchise around. If Mike can't get to .500 this year it high time to move on. If he can't compete for a division title next year it will be time to move on. The notion we won't find a better coach is absurd. Mike has made myriad mistakes here already that are on him and him alone...starting this year the results fall on his shoulders and it's time to put the legacy argument to bed.
I've seen this comment more than a few times this offseason from a variety of sources and I just really don't get it. Other than appeasing an impatient fan base, what exactly would this accomplish?

The analysis came out last week that Shanahan has replaced all but 15 players from the roster he inherited (and that assumes that Moss & Cooley return in 2012). Also, we have drafted more players (21) than any other team in the league the past 2 years. AND, by the way, we just drafted our franchise QB for the next decade who just happens to fit, according to ALL NFL experts, perfectly in the offensive system he and his son run.

So according to you, if we improve to 7 wins he should be fired and we start over AGAIN? Help me understand what the logic is other than bloodlust? What results would you expect in 2013 from the team he specifically built to suit his vision from another coach/regime?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #247
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,431
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I've seen this comment more than a few times this offseason from a variety of sources and I just really don't get it. Other than appeasing an impatient fan base, what exactly would this accomplish?

The analysis came out last week that Shanahan has replaced all but 15 players from the roster he inherited (and that assumes that Moss & Cooley return in 2012). Also, we have drafted more players (21) than any other team in the league the past 2 years. AND, by the way, we just drafted our franchise QB for the next decade who just happens to fit, according to ALL NFL experts, perfectly in the offensive system he and his son run.

So according to you, if we improve to 7 wins he should be fired and we start over AGAIN? Help me understand what the logic is other than bloodlust? What results would you expect in 2013 from the team he specifically built to suit his vision from another coach/regime?
Yes it's amazing how fans get mad at Snyder for changeing coaches every 2 to 3 years, yet this is what most people think we should continue todo.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #248
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I've seen this comment more than a few times this offseason from a variety of sources and I just really don't get it. Other than appeasing an impatient fan base, what exactly would this accomplish?

The analysis came out last week that Shanahan has replaced all but 15 players from the roster he inherited (and that assumes that Moss & Cooley return in 2012). Also, we have drafted more players (21) than any other team in the league the past 2 years. AND, by the way, we just drafted our franchise QB for the next decade who just happens to fit, according to ALL NFL experts, perfectly in the offensive system he and his son run.

So according to you, if we improve to 7 wins he should be fired and we start over AGAIN? Help me understand what the logic is other than bloodlust? What results would you expect in 2013 from the team he specifically built to suit his vision from another coach/regime?
Franchises like the Lions and Bengals have been turned around completely in three years and (especially w/ Detroit) starting way further down in terms of talent than Mike inherited in Washington. He chose to make the transition even harder by blowing up the defense.

Point is good coaches have shown three years is sufficient to turn a franchise around. The notion we won't find a better coach is absurd. Mike has made myriad mistakes here already that are on him and him alone...starting this year the results fall on his shoulders and it's time to put the legacy argument to bed.
The Goat is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #249
Special Teams
 
jgalecpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 458
Re: RGIII Named Starter

"Yes it's amazing how fans get mad at Snyder for changeing coaches every 2 to 3 years, yet this is what most people think we should continue todo."
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
__________________
Theismann: You're wrong, the rule is wrong, the refs are wrong, and I'm right
jgalecpa is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #250
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Dang, just when I thought we were actually gonna talk about Griffin and the possibility of the no-huddle.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #251
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,986
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Yes it's amazing how fans get mad at Snyder for changeing coaches every 2 to 3 years, yet this is what most people think we should continue todo.

Momma always said...stupid is as stupid does.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #252
Special Teams
 
ashvirtually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Yes it's amazing how fans get mad at Snyder for changeing coaches every 2 to 3 years, yet this is what most people think we should continue todo.
It's insane.
ashvirtually is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #253
Special Teams
 
fanarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 107
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Dang, just when I thought we were actually gonna talk about Griffin and the possibility of the no-huddle.
You made a great point earlier in the thread, and I think people resigned themselves to the idea that the chances are minimal of anything as progressive as the no-huddle being used spontaneously in situational mismatches was going to come out of this regime.

But I think anything that can accentuate the ability of our QB, who is obviously comfortable in the no-huddle, or that makes our system more dynamic, and unpredictable should be the goal. There are so many situations during a game that having the no-huddle in your arsenal can really shift the momentum, and change the overall pace. If it were me I'd consider this period an all out experimentation phase with RG3, but do I think that will happen here. Not likely.
fanarchist is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #254
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 727
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Yes it's amazing how fans get mad at Snyder for changeing coaches every 2 to 3 years, yet this is what most people think we should continue todo.
This.
ethat001 is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #255
Special Teams
 
fanarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 107
Re: RGIII Named Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Momma always said...stupid is as stupid does.

Just as asinine not to consider the possibility that this 2 season sub 500 coaching staff with cart blanche might not come away with a winning season. You guys are arguing that we shouldn't repeat past mistakes, but keeping a coaching staff regardless of record, gameplanning, playcalling, production, half time adjustments, adaptation, exploitation of opponants weaknesses, personnel decisions, just because you believe we should keep a regime in place for 5 years, sounds like one big perpetual mistake. The Shanaman, just like any other man, should be held accountable for his mistakes. He deserves this year though, to see if he can turn things around, but the man vouched for Grossman, the same with Beck, same with McNabb, and he said after all that failed that he just needed a QB that fits his system. He's got one, let's see what he can do with him.
fanarchist is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36049 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25