Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,228
Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

New Orleans Saints LB Jonathan Vilma sues NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for defamation - The Insider - The Washington Post

This could get interesting!
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

love the move. i highly doubt goodell lied, but the mere allegation paints him in a negative light and will give the dude (forget his name) hearing the skins&cowboys case reason to question the truthfulness of anything goodell tells him. thanks vilma!
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Interesting, but I doubt it goes anywhere. I've heard some say the labor agreement trumps a litigation process and Vilma would likely have to file a grievance through the NFLPA instead.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.



This is a move only a desperate man would make,makes beleive he's quilty.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Camp Scrub
 
gangstalicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 38
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is a move only a desperate man would make,makes beleive he's quilty.
So him not doing anything about it makes him not guilty?
gangstalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
I like it! Go for it.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Good for him. Suspending coaches...i somewhat understand. Suspending players...i don't get. Goodell is running the NFL like a dictatorship. He's supposed to work for the owners. I don't think Vilma was the leader of an organized pay for injury defense.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,196
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Good for him. Suspending coaches...i somewhat understand. Suspending players...i don't get. Goodell is running the NFL like a dictatorship. He's supposed to work for the owners. I don't think Vilma was the leader of an organized pay for injury defense.
so you don't believe in suspending the guys that went through with the bounty?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #9
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,335
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

I swear, sometimes NFL fans baffle me.

You get situations where a player (who was being modestly paid by their team) overachieves on the field and demands to get paid more...the fan reaction is to berate the player, tell him to suck it up and that he should play his contract.

Then you get some moron (yes, he is a moron) who gets identified by a lengthy and probably thorough investigation on bounties. Basically says that he doesn't care about the accusations....the fan reaction is treat him like he's some type of victim.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstalicious View Post
So him not doing anything about it makes him not guilty?
AS someone else said go throught the process.Goodell is a lawyer and he has a boat load working for him he knows what he can say and can't.Had Vilma gone to the NFL when they contacted all the players who are envolved and responded like a grown up maybe he could have found out what evidence they have.He and the others ignored the calls by the NFL and now it is what it is.Goodell did'nt just make this up...people came foward,players came forward,the team was told to do something about it multiple times,sorry I believe Rodger would'nt have done a whole year suspention had he not had proof.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I swear, sometimes NFL fans baffle me.

You get situations where a player (who was being modestly paid by their team) overachieves on the field and demands to get paid more...the fan reaction is to berate the player, tell him to suck it up and that he should play his contract.

Then you get some moron (yes, he is a moron) who gets identified by a lengthy and probably thorough investigation on bounties. Basically says that he doesn't care about the accusations....the fan reaction is treat him like he's some type of victim.
...or worse , a hero.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Vilma claims he wasn't given enough evidence. We will see what comes out.

Also, Vilma is being made a huge scapegoat in this whole mess. His name is completely tarnished, despite numerous other current players who have done this.

I'm against bounties and all about player safety but I don't like the way the league has gone about this. It's very reactive, not proactive, to cover their rears. They don't give a crap about player safety. If they did they would do more impactful things, like shorten the season. Burning Vilma at the stake, for something a lot have done, is just negative reinforcement.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

First fight in Vilma suit likely will arise under CBA | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,657
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Go get him Vilma!! I heard Vilma's even got Jackie Chiles representing him!! Godell your azz is grass!!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Vilma suing Goodell for defamation of character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Vilma claims he wasn't given enough evidence. We will see what comes out.

Also, Vilma is being made a huge scapegoat in this whole mess. His name is completely tarnished, despite numerous other current players who have done this.

I'm against bounties and all about player safety but I don't like the way the league has gone about this. It's very reactive, not proactive, to cover their rears. They don't give a crap about player safety. If they did they would do more impactful things, like shorten the season. Burning Vilma at the stake, for something a lot have done, is just negative reinforcement.
I completely disagree with with this statement. I think the league has been increasing emphasis on player safety for years. besides countless changes to rules, the NFL tried to put an end to bounties when they first heard of it. unfortunately, the team and PLAYERS lied to the league and continue the practice.

your suggestion to shorten the season is ridiculous and would never work. a shortened season means less revenue, which means less money, not just for the league, but also the players. do you think the players would go for a shortened season if it meant they made less money than they did currently?

also, your argument about them singling out vilma is silly. alot of teams may have been doing it, but the saints got caught. twice. they lied about it the first time and continued the practice. when they got caught again, they deseredly got the hammer down on them. if the leage didnt make an example out of those they caught, all the other teams and players would have no deterrent against using bounty systems themselves.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28681 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25