Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


cooley done in dc?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: cooley done in dc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't think they are even competing for the same type of spot. Paul is likely to be used more like Davis, split out. CC is the more traditional in line TE. All 3 will make the team.
Matty's right. It was a small 5 game sample when we got to see the '12' personnel package from Kyle last year, but Cooley and Davis play two different positions in it. And when Paul was playing TE late in the year, he was playing Davis' role, not doing anything that Cooley had done.

I mean, a depth chart is a depth chart and Cooley is versatile enough to play all the TE positions. But while I expect his role to be reduced, they know for certain that he's the best blocker they have at the TE position. And I think he'll be doing a lot of blocking this year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #47
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: cooley done in dc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
It's crazy how so many people forget how good he was when on the field.

If he's healthy, not only will he be here but he'll be an important part of the offense.


We have two great TEs...why break that up?
Because apparently Redskins fans hate having two good players in the same position.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: cooley done in dc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Matty's right. It was a small 5 game sample when we got to see the '12' personnel package from Kyle last year, but Cooley and Davis play two different positions in it. And when Paul was playing TE late in the year, he was playing Davis' role, not doing anything that Cooley had done.

I mean, a depth chart is a depth chart and Cooley is versatile enough to play all the TE positions. But while I expect his role to be reduced, they know for certain that he's the best blocker they have at the TE position. And I think he'll be doing a lot of blocking this year.
I think I should credit you, pretty sure you broke this down before.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #49
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,200
Re: cooley done in dc?

It's doubtful that the Redskins will keep four TEs. If the Redskins are impressed with Niles Paul, then what happens to Logan Paulsen? I can see the team keeping Paulsen only if Paul is playing both WR and TE.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,898
Re: cooley done in dc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
It's doubtful that the Redskins will keep four TEs. If the Redskins are impressed with Niles Paul, then what happens to Logan Paulsen? I can see the team keeping Paulsen only if Paul is playing both WR and TE.
How good is Paulsen's blocking? Could he also play H-back?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: cooley done in dc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
How good is Paulsen's blocking? Could he also play H-back?
I think hes decent at blocking and catches well Not sure about HB. Id rather have Cooley, Davis, Paul and Darrel Young at HB. More importantly id take Paul and Young on special teams all day over Paulsen.

I think the only way Paulsen makes the team is if Cooley doesnt. I think the only way Cooley doenst make the team is if his knee is as bad or worse than last year.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.16003 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25