Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #61
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

If Doty allows the law suit to go on (which I doubt), then If I was the NFLPA although not working directly with the Redskins and Cowboys.... I'd be making them witness #1 and Witness #2. Take the stand please.

If this happens I can see the NFL trying to make the two teams heads a little foggy about details.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #62
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,144
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
?

What other law suits are you talking about. The whole mess is getting annoying ...yes. I agree. But I think its funny. This is like understanding all the behind the scene's going ons with WWE. lol. One big soap opera.

But in reality there has only been one law suit. The NFLPA vs. NFL. Ours was just an appeal to the punishment, and it really wasn't the punishment but rather the process/proceedure that led to the punishment.

All the concussion lawsuits, Vilma, this one....just so tired of it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #63
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
All these lawsuits are getting annoying.

The Goodell Dictatorship with no regard to actual rules is getting annoying.


Don't blame those bringing these lawsuits (except the concussion claimants like Chip Lohmiller)...blame the man who is making these lawsuits absolutely necessary. I think Vilma may have a case. What was done to us and Dallas was completely absurd.

So sick of hearing about us "violating the spirit of the rule" that wasn't even in place at the time. This is like us getting pulled over for 35MPH and ticketed because they're planning on changing the sign to 25MPH next month, so they're getting a head start on catching the speeders.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #64
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,873
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
There was no real substantial proof of any collusion until the NFL came out and said we are punishing the Redskins and Cowboys for their violating the spirit of the CAP.
The fact that there was no effort by the NFL to establish and enforce a salary floor in the uncapped year was also a hint that this whole mess had nothing to do with the NFL's attempts to ensure competitiveness among the teams. As we all know in our hearts, for the NFL it was about keeping down spending on player contracts and forcing the NFLPA to yield. Proving that assertion is entirely another matter.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #65
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,144
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
The Goodell Dictatorship with no regard to actual rules is getting annoying.


Don't blame those bringing these lawsuits (except the concussion claimants like Chip Lohmiller)...blame the man who is making these lawsuits absolutely necessary. I think Vilma may have a case. What was done to us and Dallas was completely absurd.

So sick of hearing about us "violating the spirit of the rule" that wasn't even in place at the time. This is like us getting pulled over for 35MPH and ticketed because they're planning on changing the sign to 25MPH next month, so they're getting a head start on catching the speeders.
I agree. The commish is a first class two faced dick. The owners are greedy bastards for putting in a BS cap in an up capped year. Not all, but a lot of the former players are suing to get their pockets a little fatter cause they see all the money the NFL makes. All the BS crappy calls we see week after week cause of the trickle down concussion awareness. I love the NFL.... but lately, especially this past year, all of this crap is really starting to turn me off.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #66
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,167
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The fact that there was no effort by the NFL to establish and enforce a salary floor in the uncapped year was also a hint that this whole mess had nothing to do with the NFL's attempts to ensure competitiveness among the teams. As we all know in our hearts, for the NFL it was about keeping down spending on player contracts and forcing the NFLPA to yield. Proving that assertion is entirely another matter.
I feel it was more about John Mara attempting to gain a competitive edge over 2 divison rivals. We've already been over this, the Cowboys and us weren't the only two teams to take advantage of the uncapped year. We were the only two penalized for it though.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #67
Trade Robert for a 4th.
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,501
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I feel it was more about John Mara attempting to gain a competitive edge over 2 divison rivals. We've already been over this, the Cowboys and us weren't the only two teams to take advantage of the uncapped year. We were the only two penalized for it though.
Mara just pissed because he thought we had painted ourselves into a financial corner via the cap. Bruce Allen took over and with the help of Mr. Eric Schaffer built an expensive bridge to get us out of that corner. I would be pissed too if i just found out i wasnt as smart as I always thought.
__________________
Looking for a pocket passer.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #68
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,759
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Good job Mr. Mara, way to f*** up the labor peace
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #69
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,261
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

^^ This.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #70
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

The thing that pisses me off about all of this is the blatant cherry picking and what would seem to be targeting division rivals.

See obviously we all know the Redskins structured contracts so they could get out of them after the uncapped year. The Cowboys on their end signed Miles Austin to a new contract that was very front loaded. And maybe the NFL would have a case if that was the issue.

However we've all seen the chart that showed other teams structuring contracts to favorably reflect the uncapped year, most prominent example being the Bears giving Julius Peppers $35 million in the first year.

Of course you can't get a majority vote to punish something when almost half the teams did it in some way shape or form.

The Redskins and Cowboys were singled out for their spending not their structuring of contracts. It's absolutely pathetic. The power trip has to end.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #71
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Team-by-team salary cap numbers, if there were a salary cap | ProFootballTalk
Surprise surprise the top cash spenders in 2010.

Redskins: $178.2 million.

Cowboys: $166.5 million.

Saints: $145.0 million.

The curve-ball is the Raiders at 8 but nevertheless it's still an abuse of power.

Anyway here's the best article I've read on the situation
NFL Players Association lawsuit against NFL could be decided by Judge Doty - Michael McCann - SI.com
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 05-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #72
Special Teams
 
HoopheadVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 158
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Team-by-team salary cap numbers, if there were a salary cap | ProFootballTalk
Surprise surprise the top cash spenders in 2010.

Redskins: $178.2 million.

Cowboys: $166.5 million.

Saints: $145.0 million.

The curve-ball is the Raiders at 8 but nevertheless it's still an abuse of power.

Anyway here's the best article I've read on the situation
NFL Players Association lawsuit against NFL could be decided by Judge Doty - Michael McCann - SI.com
According to that list, 16 of 32 teams were over the "secret cap" of $123m. Also, punishing #1, #2, #3, and #8 seems less than systematic.
HoopheadVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #73
Special Teams
 
HoopheadVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 158
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
and then there is this arguement..... why did it take 2 yrs to find collusion.


Anyone in their right mind could guess the owners were colluding even we fans knew something was up since teams were not going out buying up FA's like candy and spending $$$, but all that is just assumptions. There was no real substantial proof of any collusion until the NFL came out and said we are punishing the Redskins and Cowboys for their violating the spirit of the CAP. < What CAP? There was no CAP. There can be no violation if there was no CAP. So by punishing the two teams the NFL has admitted there was some form of agreement (spirit) and some form of CAP to which the two teams violated which in reality they didn't cause there was also a "SPIRIT OF THE UNCAPPED YEAR" which was technically violated by 28 teams. No, those 28 teams didn't have to spend a lot, but by punishing two teams that did is in violation of the "spirit of the uncapped" year.

So because of the punishment (in 2012) there is finally some form of proof there was collusion. The NFLPA didn't wait 2 yrs after they had proof they maybe waited 2 months to get their ducks in a row and file the right arguement as well as somewhat wait to see what info they could did up from the appeal.
The only problem with that is that the NFLPA's complaint says they signed the salary cap reallocation agreement on March 11, but claims they only learned of the collusion on March 12...and their "new" evidence of collusion is the press / blogger reaction to the announcement of the salary cap reallocation.

Yes, their complaint essentially says that the salary cap reallocation wasn't evidence of collusion, but that the press release announcing it and the press / blogger reaction to it was new evidence of collusion.

Read that again.
HoopheadVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopheadVII View Post
The only problem with that is that the NFLPA's complaint says they signed the salary cap reallocation agreement on March 11, but claims they only learned of the collusion on March 12...and their "new" evidence of collusion is the press / blogger reaction to the announcement of the salary cap reallocation.

Yes, their complaint essentially says that the salary cap reallocation wasn't evidence of collusion, but that the press release announcing it and the press / blogger reaction to it was new evidence of collusion.

Read that again.
Well if you read the complaint, the NFL didn't justify the reductions they just used hard negotiating tactics to get the NFLPA to agree. It was not until Goodwill and more specifically Mara made statements regarding the underlying reason for the reallocation that the NFLPA had concrete comments and linkages to what they already suspected, that the NFL and several teams secretly agreed to work within a salary cap framework even in the uncapped year.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 AM   #75
Special Teams
 
HoopheadVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 158
Re: NFLPA Files Collusion Lawsuit Against NFL, Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well if you read the complaint, the NFL didn't justify the reductions they just used hard negotiating tactics to get the NFLPA to agree. It was not until Goodwill and more specifically Mara made statements regarding the underlying reason for the reallocation that the NFLPA had concrete comments and linkages to what they already suspected, that the NFL and several teams secretly agreed to work within a salary cap framework even in the uncapped year.
I understand what they're claiming. I just don't find it believable.
HoopheadVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31199 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25