Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,835
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGisLordOfTheRings View Post
Magic 8 ball time!

"Signs point to no" lol

I wouldn't want him. He might be a bad influence on Williams and Davis and get 'em all cheefed up, lol.
Fine by me.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #17
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,875
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

I will pretty stunned if we show any interest at all. Likewise I will be pretty stunned if he doesn't go to the Dolphins...or maybe the Cowboys
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,835
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I will pretty stunned if we show any interest at all. Likewise I will be pretty stunned if he doesn't go to the Dolphins...or maybe the Cowboys
Is there a reason why the Skins wouldn't be interested? Preserving draft picks?
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Not that I am a big proponent of Josh Gordon, because I'm not, but I do not see how exactly the Skins are set at WR. The way I see it is while we have quantity, there is not much quality. Moss is competing for a job, Garcon hasn't had a 1,000 yard season in his career (even with Peyton throwing to him), and while I love VA Tech Josh Morgan hasn't done much of anything in the NFL.

Somehow the consensus is that we are set. Sure we have bodies in there, but this squad reminds me of Moss, Lloyd, and Randel El. The Skins thought that they were set then as well. It would be nice if they suprise me, but right now I do not see much there.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,875
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Is there a reason why the Skins wouldn't be interested? Preserving draft picks?
I don't know the specific reason.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #21
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,875
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Not that I am a big proponent of Josh Gordon, because I'm not, but I do not see how exactly the Skins are set at WR. The way I see it is while we have quantity, there is not much quality. Moss is competing for a job, Garcon hasn't had a 1,000 yard season in his career (even with Peyton throwing to him), and while I love VA Tech Josh Morgan hasn't done much of anything in the NFL.

Somehow the consensus is that we are set. Sure we have bodies in there, but this squad reminds me of Moss, Lloyd, and Randel El. The Skins thought that they were set then as well. It would be nice if they suprise me, but right now I do not see much there.
So what do you suggest they do?....(this is where Goat chimes in with Plaxico)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,059
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So what do you suggest they do?....(this is where Goat chimes in with Plaxico)
Goat will probably advocate trading a 2nd for Randy Moss, or trading a 3rd for Ochocinco.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So what do you suggest they do?....(this is where Goat chimes in with Plaxico)

Realistically there is nothing that they can do until next offseason. There needs to be a long term solution to the problem. Anything that they can do between now and then would be a band-aid. The WR corps needs minor surgery.

I am content with the draft and free agency this past offseason. We have needed a QB for a while and a WR for almost as long. I feel that they are addressing the need in the correct order.

To answer your question there is nothing they can do except continue what they are doing. My only point in the previous post is that I wouldn't exactly call us set. We are as set as we can be without doing something stupid. The position still needs to be addressed just not now.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,937
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

I don't think anyone would deny that we have some question marks at WR heading into camp. But there's definitely potential there to have a pretty solid group.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't think anyone would deny that we have some question marks at WR heading into camp. But there's definitely potential there to have a pretty solid group.
The potential is there every season, but it never pans out. Best case scenario is Moss maintains his level of production, Garcon draws the double team and Morgan gets a bone every once in a while. It is a good thng that we have good TE's.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
cdskins26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 350
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

I say why not? We passed up his center in the draft he seemed to be clamoring for, why not appease RGIII....good morale, familiar target, and the kid just looks, well good. I'm in favor.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,290
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Is Gordon a better prospect than Hankerson was/is?
Wasnt Gordon kick out of 2 schools, Utah and Baylor? I would say no based just on that.

Hankerson was a bad ass coming out of Miami. His senior year was impressive.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Realistically there is nothing that they can do until next offseason. There needs to be a long term solution to the problem. Anything that they can do between now and then would be a band-aid. The WR corps needs minor surgery.

I am content with the draft and free agency this past offseason. We have needed a QB for a while and a WR for almost as long. I feel that they are addressing the need in the correct order.

To answer your question there is nothing they can do except continue what they are doing. My only point in the previous post is that I wouldn't exactly call us set. We are as set as we can be without doing something stupid. The position still needs to be addressed just not now.

Just curious, why is drafting Josh Gordon not a realistic option in your opinion?
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wasnt Gordon kick out of 2 schools, Utah and Baylor? I would say no based just on that.

Hankerson was a bad ass coming out of Miami. His senior year was impressive.

All very true but i would say Gordon is probably the better "prospect" in that he has more natural ability and likely more upside.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,711
re: Updated: Browns Select WR Josh Gordon in 2nd Round

But a lot of baggage and not exactly a good kid.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26664 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25